Harvin out for 49'ers game

hawker84

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ykqsizo said:
hawker84":1ykqsizo said:
kidhawk":1ykqsizo said:
Dabhawk":1ykqsizo said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

Post of the day :sarcasm_off:

Pot meet Kettle. smh

Seriously?

No that came out looking wrong. pot meet kettle in relation to dude calling harvin a drama queen, sorry was not directed towards you, i completely agree with your post..

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
This sucks. Ive really wanted to get this guy on the field, but I understand the logic in not pushing for a return until the playoffs. Peoples concerns about the draft picks are legitimate, but last years first round wasn't that strong and he's still only 25 anyway. That said, by the playoffs, he should be playing.

Joey13091

Reaction score
I'm starting not to like Harvin. We don't need him really anyway. If he can come in, in the playoffs and be productive for us then great if not then not. Who cares. I'm tired of him already.

hawker84

Reaction score
I can understand people feeling this way, but for me, he's such a dynamic player, i have to see what he does with a few games under his belt before i'm ready to dump him. The potential is too great to give up on him for me at this point...that's just me though

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Aros":su95r71x said:
Like a Lamborghini that you can never drive because it's always in the shop.

Oh well. We have plenty of other exotics to hit the street with! DRIVE ON!

Um… no not really ……. Unless that Lamborghini was wrecked and not drivable before you purchased it but you still paid full price then spent a fortune repairing it. You passed on a new Jag F Type to buy it and you paid full price for the Lamebroghini not knowing it wasn’t even sound structurally.
After you had it repaired it cranked up long enough to race a tractor but only got about a block and a half down the road before it threw a rod………..
Oh and you will probably have to sell your work truck in order to get it out of the shop again. :roll:

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":12uldxcp said:
hawker84":12uldxcp said:
kidhawk":12uldxcp said:
Dabhawk":12uldxcp said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

Post of the day :sarcasm_off:

Pot meet Kettle. smh

Seriously?

hawker84":12uldxcp said:
No that came out looking wrong. pot meet kettle in relation to dude calling harvin a drama queen, sorry was not directed towards you, i completely agree with your post..

Ahhh that makes sense. I was seriously confused. I mean I was actually biting my tongue with my sarcastic post so I didn't say anything too bad :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Joey13091":1txtq6pp said:
I'm starting not to like Harvin. We don't need him really anyway. If he can come in, in the playoffs and be productive for us then great if not then not. Who cares. I'm tired of him already.

It's hard not to get caught up in all the consternation and speculation surrounding Harvin.

You'd think we Seattle fans would be used to big free agents not performing when they sign here, God knows that's all we've ever known. But when you have an 11-1 football team that has a talent like Harvin sitting on the bench, it's hard not to live and die on every tweet about his health.

As Red said in Shawshank Redemption........."hope, is a dangerous thing."

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bzory4h said:
But when you have an 11-1 football team that has a talent like Harvin sitting on the bench, it's hard not to live and die on every tweet about his health.

Does he even sit on the bench when he is not active? He must be around but I never see him with the team.

formido

Reaction score
I love that we keep saying he's going to play and then withdraw him. Even not playing he's a wonderful decoy. Opposing teams breathe a mental sigh of relief and relax a little, setting them up perfectly to be smashed by a team whose DVOA is spiking into all-time territory now that our pass protection is back.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
brimsalabim":vt8eml5w said:
Sgt. Largent":vt8eml5w said:
But when you have an 11-1 football team that has a talent like Harvin sitting on the bench, it's hard not to live and die on every tweet about his health.

Does he even sit on the bench when he is not active? He must be around but I never see him with the team.

I was being metaphoric.

Joey13091

Reaction score
brimsalabim":11nthz7a said:
Aros":11nthz7a said:

Um… no not really ……. Unless that Lamborghini was wrecked and not drivable before you purchased it but you still paid full price then spent a fortune repairing it. You passed on a new Jag F Type to buy it and you paid full price for the Lamebroghini not knowing it wasn’t even sound structurally.
After you had it repaired it cranked up long enough to race a tractor but only got about a block and a half down the road before it threw a rod………..
Oh and you will probably have to sell your work truck in order to get it out of the shop again. :roll:

Lol I love this analogy. Great post. That's how I feel about this whole situation.

amill87

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2oaz2i4k said:
Aros":2oaz2i4k said:

Who is the Jaguar? Cordelle Patterson? He's more of a Camaro....

It's more like we passed on a prototype car. What we COULD have had MIGHT have been good but we really have no idea. What harm is Harvin really causing this team? Is he distracting them from winning? Did we lose out on some player that would've helped us win more games? Is Richard Sherman playing for a different team?

Whatever negative we think Harvin is, is all speculative at this point. The only tangible negative anyone can say is we lost out on Patterson but does anyone think he would've seen the field as a WR for us? His only value is as a return man so do we wanna start throwing around 1st round picks on just return men?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Still bummed about him not going again for this Sunday, but I still think we will see him at least once before the playoffs start to get some rust off.

amill87

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3u1jdd12 said:
TeamoftheCentury":3u1jdd12 said:
Harvin isn't the goal. He isn't the prize. It's a Super Bowl XLVIII Championship.

This is true. But first-round picks are a pivotal piece of the effort to EXTEND our championship run as we enter into the maintenance stage of it. For me, one Super Bowl ring isn't even enough with this team; it deserves at least two, and to be in contention as long as Wilson plays. And if you're going to ask for that, putting our first-round picks to good use is pretty important.

How do we know Harvin isn't a big part of a second championship? Or maybe even one this year? Would Patterson be the PIVOTAL piece that maintains us a championship team? Everyone always says you cannot judge draft classes after just one year because draft picks are for the long haul. Harvin is the same thing.

Also our FO has shown they do not need first round picks to fill a team with stars. Only two of our stars are first round picks.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Dabhawk":3i2q30pm said:

Post like these make me want to go office space on my CPU.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
amill87":36kga96j said:
brimsalabim":36kga96j said:
Aros":36kga96j said:

Who is the Jaguar? Cordelle Patterson? He's more of a Camaro....

It's more like we passed on a prototype car. What we COULD have had MIGHT have been good but we really have no idea. What harm is Harvin really causing this team? Is he distracting them from winning? Did we lose out on some player that would've helped us win more games? Is Richard Sherman playing for a different team?

Whatever negative we think Harvin is, is all speculative at this point. The only tangible negative anyone can say is we lost out on Patterson but does anyone think he would've seen the field as a WR for us? His only value is as a return man so do we wanna start throwing around 1st round picks on just return men?

In retrospect having Patterson on this team would be AMAZING. He is prob the best returner in the league and thats really the only void we have right now.

Latest posts