Harvin out for 49'ers game

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Meh, he came back early from a bad injury. I ain't mad. Hope he heals up and can contribute over the last couple games of the season and in the playoffs. Maybe he can play against the Giants next week because he'll need to get used to running and cutting on that field in Jersey for February.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If we're so good without him, I'm starting to wonder why we traded for him.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":nmhibjsc said:

Because we're even BETTER with him.

Think about it. All of those robot lions were AMAZING, right? But then they joined together to become Voltron, and they were even MORE AMAZING. In this analogy, Harvin is the part where the lions join together, which isn't the most flashy thing to be in an analogy, but which encapsulates the point perfectly, I think.

Largent80

Reaction score
I just get the feeling he should have practiced for a month before his first game. Obvious post surgery inflammation, if we have him for the playoffs, to me that is way more important than the remaining games are.

sutz

Reaction score
Notice how Percy played in one game against Minn, but isn't playing against NO or SF?

Funny how they sit him against the two best teams we are likely to face in the playoffs. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":1f8452ry said:
Notice how Percy played in one game against Minn, but isn't playing against NO or SF?

Funny how they sit him against the two best teams we are likely to face in the playoffs. ;)

Me thinks this is merely a coincidence, rather than "oh we don't want potential playoff opponents to see him."

In fact back in August when Percy had his surgery, I bet the Vikings game was his target date to come back all along...........and he may have pushed himself a little too hard to play against his old team.

All I know is this. If it TRULY is just soreness, and no structural damage that's keeping him out. His ass better be on the field come playoff time. I don't care who you are, or how much you make, EVERYONE plays hurt in the playoffs. Ronnie Lott cut off his god damn finger. Suck it up Percy!

amill87

Reaction score
mjwhitay":2varqe9b said:
We don't need the cap room this year. He is not costing us a SINGLE player "who actually plays for us"

We have an out after two years.... When Russell, Bruce, Wagner will all be three years in and eligible for new deals. Money tied up in Rice, Clemons, Bryant, etc may be off the books and quite frankly...

IF YOU THINK THAT THIS FRONT OFFICE IS RUINING THIS FRANCHISE AND PAYING ONE GUY AT THE EXPENSE OF THE REST OF THEM, YOU AREN'T PAYING ATTENTION AND YOUR PRESENCE HERE IS AN ANNOYANCE, NOT A BENEFIT.

Schneider has said he has a plan that is a few years out for contracts. It came up when they extended Chancellor. If anyone thinks that Schneider did not use that same plan to make sure we will be able to keep our stars, than they haven't been paying attention. Give Schneider the benefit of the doubt, the dude deserves it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3dkxflc0 said:
MontanaHawk05":3dkxflc0 said:

Because we're even BETTER with him.

Think about it. All of those robot lions were AMAZING, right? But then they joined together to become Voltron, and they were even MORE AMAZING. In this analogy, Harvin is the part where the lions join together, which isn't the most flashy thing to be in an analogy, but which encapsulates the point perfectly, I think.
I have no doubt we'd be better with him. And I know it's crying over spilt milk and 20/20 hindsight and all that, but I can't help but be frustrated by his inability to play because a first round pick would have had his own impact on this team, we'd be feeling it today and we'd be feeling it into the future at a much lower cost to the teams cap structure. We don't know if Harvin will ever play for us or be a complete bust. The longer he stays out, the less he separates himself from the gain over the first rounder we could have had for much less. There will approach a time when it will have been a bad deal.

I guess once bitten (Branch), twice shy. Not the same organization, I know and In Pete We Trust, but Pete isn't Harvin's hip. and that damned hip is making me wish we hadn't made the deal.

amill87

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":16dsjc1v said:
I'm not going to lie; no offense to Harvin, but I would rather have Cordarelle Patterson at WR/KR and the money. I think Harvin is an awesome player, but for the cost, I'd rather have Patterson and develop him as our big-bodied WR.

That's premature. If you're talking about this year, it may hold some water but we just don't know how things will play out in the future. Will Patterson hit a wall and be no better than Kearse? Because I'd rather have Kearse. He's even cheaper and didn't cost a first rounder.

JS has really impressive quality that allows him to build his team to win now and (wait for it) win forever. The Harvin move wasn't made for just this year. Our Fo does not make knee jerk moves for just the short term.

The second Harvin becomes a hindrance to how they want to shape this team, he will no longer be here. Once again, our FO can swallow its pride and move on when they make mistakes. We paid Flynn a bunch of money and promptly got rid of him when it no longer suited the team.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
1476276_10152088620864743_1246352781_n.jpg

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
It's a second feeling of disappointment in one seaon that we got a taste of seeing him make big plays in the Minnesota game and now his status moving forward is unknown to us fans again. The news we get about this guy who was brought here to be part of this thing this season isn't as assuring as we'd like it to be.

It was frustrating wondering if the talent of Walter Thurmond would ever see the field. The patience (what, 2 years?) there paid off. He's just a bit more expensive than Thurmond, though. So, it's natural to wonder about how other less expensive (unproven) toys may have fit into this thing... a guy like Patterson who could have been had with that first round pick. Still, if Harvin sees the field and contributes in the playoffs to an NFC and Super Bowl Championship this season, the trade will be immediately validated.

Harvin isn't the goal. He isn't the prize. It's a Super Bowl XLVIII Championship. I think we all would still gladly welcome seeing Percy Harvin playing soon and a part of that. It would be a beautiful thing to see.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
amill87":nql5qy3z said:
Smelly McUgly":nql5qy3z said:
I'm not going to lie; no offense to Harvin, but I would rather have Cordarelle Patterson at WR/KR and the money. I think Harvin is an awesome player, but for the cost, I'd rather have Patterson and develop him as our big-bodied WR.

That's premature. If you're talking about this year, it may hold some water but we just don't know how things will play out in the future. Will Patterson hit a wall and be no better than Kearse? Because I'd rather have Kearse. He's even cheaper and didn't cost a first rounder.

JS has really impressive quality that allows him to build his team to win now and (wait for it) win forever. The Harvin move wasn't made for just this year. Our Fo does not make knee jerk moves for just the short term.

I am not arguing that Harvin won't eventually have more value than Patterson. I'm just saying that I would prefer trying to develop Patterson to paying Harvin over six years - I think. I could well be wrong. This isn't knocking our FO; I'm just sharing my opinion.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
Dabhawk":3e4330n5 said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen
Well that escalated quickly......

plyka

Reaction score
Dabhawk":2hnf83un said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

I think you need to chill out dude. Everyone knew he was injury prone BEFORE the Hawks signed him. If I would blame anyone it would be Bevell (no not a joke), it seems to me that when the Hawks went after WRs they allowed their emotions to get into the mix and went after players Bevell was comfortable with: Rice and Harvin. They overpayed for both and both are injury prone --why limit your horizon to only players you know personally? Anyway, Harvin is not to blame for any of this, he is not a drama queen. He was blessed with some of the most insane athleticism that the game of football has ever seen, on the down side, he is injury prone. Injury prone players get hurt, it's not his fault. Kind of reminds me of Derick Rose. It's not his fault he is injured so don't go crazy on him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3f3ls54y said:
I wish Harvin would play just so people on this board would shut up about him already.
See now, that's the difference between you and me Sarlacc, I don't give a crap about the jabbering of the "People" who don't really know what they're talking about. :lol:

plyka

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":24qcypcb said:
If Harvin makes a difference in the playoffs, then he is worth whatever they paid for him.

If he does not, or ends up playing one game in the playoffs and then getting injured again - then they need to cut him after the season. Frankly, I would rather the cap hit when the Seahawks have to pay less money to Wilson, than eventually having to cut him later and taking that cap hit at a time that we need the money to sign key pieces.

Everyone was excited about Harvin, but thus far he looks like a total bust. Then again, maybe he is just a good luck charm and does not actually contribute on the field.

Still, considering the other FA pickups have worked out swimmingly, a swing and miss on the Harvin pickup probably still means the front office was successful on the FA track this year.

The best option with Harvin is not to expect anything from him, he is looking like he is our Jerome James.

The down side to Harvin is not whether he will play or not now in my opinion. The down side is you paid MASSIVE funds for him. What is going to happen when you have to pay: Okung, Wilson, Sherman, Earl --the big 4 that you MUST HAVE! Then you have players like Thurmond, Browner, Tate, Baldwin, Bennet, Avril, Irvin, Bobby Wagner, Kj Wright, and the list goes on and on. The big 4 you MUST have and each of them will clear 10m per year easy. Okung, Earl, Sherm and Wilson will be 10-20m per year players. How will you keep them while you paid through the nose for Percy? Why not take the 1st and 3rd rounders, extra cheap players you could have to support your players you will desperately need? Both Rice and Percy were horrible purchases in my opinion, due to the money and injury history.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Like a Lamborghini that you can never drive because it's always in the shop.

Oh well. We have plenty of other exotics to hit the street with! DRIVE ON!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":36o70rnc said:
Harvin isn't the goal. He isn't the prize. It's a Super Bowl XLVIII Championship.

This is true. But first-round picks are a pivotal piece of the effort to EXTEND our championship run as we enter into the maintenance stage of it. For me, one Super Bowl ring isn't even enough with this team; it deserves at least two, and to be in contention as long as Wilson plays. And if you're going to ask for that, putting our first-round picks to good use is pretty important.