Harvin out for 49'ers game

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dabhawk":1tvbnue4 said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

This statement is about six weeks premature.

If Harvin is STILL out 4-5 weeks from now? Then yeah I agree with you. But he still has a chance to greatly contribute to us possibly winning a SB. So I'm not quite ready to be as disappointed in him as you.

chris98251

Reaction score
Dabhawk":x4xht3y9 said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

He made one hell of a catch in the game he played and great return, the other plays he was in created open space for the other receivers becasue the Vikings had to account for him. He has the respect of his team mates and wants to play more then anything. He will make everyone out there better and the know it.

Having a joint injury is nothing to scoff at, if you have not had to go through the re hab and set backs etc you can't really appreciate what he has done to date.

You are intitled to your opinion of course, but such a post will not give you much credibility going forward and you will come off as knee jerk at best.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Would rather we had not spent a first rounder on him. Would rather we had not tied up that money on him which we need to keep our good players who actually, you know, PLAY for us.

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like he rushed back to play against Minnesota even though he wasnt really ready to be back?

I could be playing the conspiracy card but it seems a little to perfect for me.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Meh. Having Percy is the difference between a straight flush and a royal flush. San Fran has a pair of 2's. I think we'll be alright...

hawker84

Reaction score
kidhawk":l9e81bph said:
Dabhawk":l9e81bph said:

Post of the day :sarcasm_off:

Pot meet Kettle. smh

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I wish Harvin would play just so people on this board would shut up about him already.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Part of the justification for trading for Harvin was that he would be able to contribute immediately, as our window of opportunity is today, not a year or two down the road. That timing is pretty much gone. IMO we'll be lucky to have him for a playoff game or two.

I didn't like this trade from the get go and save for one 10 yard catch and one decent kickoff return, there hasn't been a single strand of good news since we drafted this guy. But I have to keep telling myself to be patient and that eventually, the deal will pay off. But damn, it's hard to remain optimistic when everything we hear about this guy is bad.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Too soon to start talking about restructuring Percy's deal for next year?

We need the money to pay guys that are getting it done for us right now!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bummer......... Really wish he could of gone out and played, but oh well. Hopefully he gets to play in another game before the end of the season.

ensett

Reaction score
Why is he even out? Because hes sore? Who the hell cares if youre sore you jackass play anyway!

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":3vgmsqvo said:
kidhawk":3vgmsqvo said:
Dabhawk":3vgmsqvo said:

Post of the day :sarcasm_off:

Pot meet Kettle. smh

Seriously?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ensett":25y66dib said:
Why is he even out? Because hes sore? Who the hell cares if youre sore you jackass play anyway!

I think come playoff time this will be the case. But right now there's no reason to push Harvin to play hurt, even if it is just soreness.

If there continues to be no structural damage to his hip, and it truly is just soreness, I fully expect him to suck it up and play during the playoffs. If not, he's not the tough badass we were sold to believe he was when we gave him all this damn money.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Here's the thing:
I don't care that Harvin is shut down, or taking a while to rebound, but I am annoyed with Pete giving his "I don't see why he won't play" (he said before the Saints game) stuff every week. I know he's an optimists but I honestly believe him ever week when he says he thinks he'll play. shame on me, I guess.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If Harvin makes a difference in the playoffs, then he is worth whatever they paid for him.

If he does not, or ends up playing one game in the playoffs and then getting injured again - then they need to cut him after the season. Frankly, I would rather the cap hit when the Seahawks have to pay less money to Wilson, than eventually having to cut him later and taking that cap hit at a time that we need the money to sign key pieces.

Everyone was excited about Harvin, but thus far he looks like a total bust. Then again, maybe he is just a good luck charm and does not actually contribute on the field.

Still, considering the other FA pickups have worked out swimmingly, a swing and miss on the Harvin pickup probably still means the front office was successful on the FA track this year.

The best option with Harvin is not to expect anything from him, he is looking like he is our Jerome James.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
We don't need the cap room this year. He is not costing us a SINGLE player "who actually plays for us"

We have an out after two years.... When Russell, Bruce, Wagner will all be three years in and eligible for new deals. Money tied up in Rice, Clemons, Bryant, etc may be off the books and quite frankly...

IF YOU THINK THAT THIS FRONT OFFICE IS RUINING THIS FRANCHISE AND PAYING ONE GUY AT THE EXPENSE OF THE REST OF THEM, YOU AREN'T PAYING ATTENTION AND YOUR PRESENCE HERE IS AN ANNOYANCE, NOT A BENEFIT.

Laloosh

Reaction score
keatonisballin":fzbne1d1 said:
What happened to him feeling good the day after the MNF game?

He ran during practice this week and apparently didn't respond well. Pete ALSO said that it's the day after that matters, not the day of the work. So him feeling good after a weekend of watching football wasn't Pete thinking he's fine, just that he's in a place that he can try to get some work in to test the hip.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
keatonisballin":c1po5z63 said:
What happened to him feeling good the day after the MNF game?

^What I dont understand is, what do people benefit by pretending its harvins decision to not play, and not carrolls?

And I'm not gonna get too technical with DOMS and whatnot, but for Percy to be sore after his first NFL game coming off a huge surgery is expected.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure where I heard this, I think Hugh Millen talked about it on Mitch, but it's interesting. Apparently Harvin's hip has ALWAYS been a problem, almost a congenital defect. So his muscles, etc. developed around the hip incorrectly. The surgery was to correct this issue, and now the muscles are having to re-learn and heal differently. Which is what's causing the discomfort.

So the question is "how long does it take for his hip muscles, tendons, etc to assimilate to Harvin running properly for pretty much the first time in his life?"