Go get Justin Fields!

getnasty

Reaction score
Seems like a good opportunity to bring top tier talent on board and let him compete with Geno.

Offer a 4th and see what happens.

Hawkamaniac

Reaction score
I like Fields, but I don't think it pencil's out. Geno's probably the better starter right now (and we're financially committed for '24), and Fields is either a free agent next season, or you pay $25M for his fifth-year option.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The physical ability is there. But the skill and instincts are not.
At this point, potential isn't great - nor is reasonable expectations of upside.

He looks to be a tremendously gifted athlete. But he might be a good QB, much less a great one.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Lots of money starting next year. I'd rather use the Geno bridge and a rookie for cheap 4 uears
As a Bears/Hawks fan, I’d love to see Justin on the Seahawks, but he’d have to take over the offense in 2024 and play extremely well to justify the 5th year option. That is the problem, not the draft pick traded.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Decline the 5th year option and if he signs a big deal in free agency we get a comp pick anyway.

His floor is the best backup in the league while letting him take half a dozen zone read snaps a game and his ceiling the future starting QB.

sutz

Reaction score
Certainly not before the draft. Even then, don't overpay for him.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Do your really want to pay Fields $40+ mil a year? That's where you'll be next year if he isn't terrible.

Or you'll be surrending draft capital for a one-year rental.

He hasn't developed enough as a passer. And he has a penchant for very untimely turnovers. It doesn't seem like a good move to me.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
I'd rather they drafted Penix in the first round, have 5 years with that rookie contract (even though they would likely start Geno year one). I get that by trading for your QB of the future you can use all your picks for other positions, but you won't be getting the advantage of having a QB on a cheap rookie contract ( other then this season if he were to beat out Geno which is not a slam dunk) and you be paying high dollar based on projection rather then stellar play. Too many variables would have to work out for the Seahawks to have this be a success IMO.