Go get Justin Fields!

LastRideOut

Reaction score
A downgrade from RWs worst seasons .. Why would anyone want that?
People with a media-isque understanding of football. In other words, people who don't understand the game of football.

I've watched Fields myself and I prefer Geno by a wide margin. Geno is more consistent with his throws and recognization of where to throw the ball.

Fields on the other hand, forces the ball based on what he wants to do, rather than relying on what his reads are telling him. That, and he can't throw to very tight windows like Stafford can.

flv2

Reaction score
Decline the 5th year option and if he signs a big deal in free agency we get a comp pick anyway.

His floor is the best backup in the league while letting him take half a dozen zone read snaps a game and his ceiling the future starting QB.
1st round picks that have their 5th year option declined do NOT qualify for the compensatory pick formula. There's no year 2 reward for developing Fields.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Why in the name of all that's holy do people want Justin Fields? He's awful. Even the hapless Bears want rid of him.

James in PA

Reaction score
People want Fields because he has a higher ceiling than Geno. Of course he also has a lower floor. When a guy is a high draft pick but turns out being a bust, the new team that acquires him hopes that the lightbulb will suddenly go on. But that rarely happens.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Why Fields, though? There is a metric ton of young backups sitting on NFL rosters that you could trade for. Maybe he could be the offenses Adams and we could turn Fields into a full-time QB, running back, & slot receiver? Create a new position for him. Jk. 😂. Isn't he just Taysom Hill? 🤔

olyfan63

Reaction score
Why Fields, though? There is a metric ton of young backups sitting on NFL rosters that you could trade for. Maybe he could be the offenses Adams and we could turn Fields into a full-time QB, running back, & slot receiver? Create a new position for him. Jk. 😂. Isn't he just Taysom Hill? 🤔
I like the IDEA of developing Fields, and using him in a few special packages per game, but yeah, unless something changes, the cost, team control, and timing parameters don't work. A faster Taysom Hill would be a good comp.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Seems like a good opportunity to bring top tier talent on board and let him compete with Geno.

Offer a 4th and see what happens.
Why? If Lock felt it was a real competition he would have stuck around. Unless you want Fields as a backup to a mediocre Geno.

rjdriver

Reaction score
This is crazy talk.

Here is the plan. We roll with Geno for four more years while we develop an elite defense.

Then we make our move and sign Kirk Cousins to a five year $300 million/200 guaranteed deal.

I can't believe you Well-known members don't see this.