Geno fined by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That's fine. Agree to disagree.

He should've just let it go. Instead he let it effect him and subsequently his performance suffered. Hopefully he's alright and can just put it behind him.

I will say however that if that tackle happened to Mahomes or a "star" QB, the league would be taking a much different stance on this. But within the rules as they are, it was, by rule, a legal play.
A LEGAL CHICKENSHIT PLAY by a CHICKENSHIT PLAYER.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
AND, PURPOSLY ROLLING UP ON THE BACK OF A PLAYERS LEGS IS CHICKENSHIT.
Till Hell Freezes Over.
"END OF CONVERSATION"... still replies to more posts. I'm curious to hear what alternative method of complying with the laws of gravity Simmons can do to not fall on top of the guy he's tackling.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That's fine. Agree to disagree.

He should've just let it go. Instead he let it effect him and subsequently his performance suffered. Hopefully he's alright and can just put it behind him.

I will say however that if that tackle happened to Mahomes or a "star" QB, the league would be taking a much different stance on this. But within the rules as they are, it was, by rule, a legal play.
"Let It Go"? LOLOLOL, sure, Geno got hurt on a chickenshit play by a Chickenshit player.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
"END OF CONVERSATION"... still replies to more posts. I'm curious to hear what alternative method of complying with the laws of gravity Simmons can do to not fall on top of the guy he's tackling.
A ROLLING TACKLE, HIT OR HARD SHOVE would have been the right move to make on a player that was GOING OUT OF BOUNDS, the Rolling up on the back of Geno's legs once he was OUT OF BOUNDS was a chicken-shit move.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
A ROLLING TACKLE, HIT OR HARD SHOVE would have been the right move to make on a player that was GOING OUT OF BOUNDS, the Rolling up on the back of Geno's legs once he was OUT OF BOUNDS was a chicken-shit move.
"END OF CONVERSATION"... still replies to more posts

"Sorry coach, I know he was 7 feet away from the sidelines but I gave him a HARD SHOVE. I have no idea how this elite athlete was able to plant his foot and stay in bounds. One of life's infinite mysteries."

rcaido

Reaction score
First off, LOL. Like anyone believes that.

Second, here's your "too close to being out of bounds" hit. He's still 2-3 yards inbounds! TWO to THREE YARDS! That's too close?!?! You remember the Bengals Steelers game a few years ago when the DB thought the receiver who was actually at the sideline was going out so he didn't make a hit and the receiver scored. Same here. I use the example of a receiver because that's what Geno was at the time, he caught his own pass. He has no QB protections. But you think since he's heading for the sideline that he should get a pass. Absurd lack of football intelligence there.

BTW, I saw 2 or 3 of these kind of tackles today just in the games I was watching, one was actually close to the sideline not your BS version of close, nary a flag to be seen. But I guess you and your fellow blue colored glasses ilk know better!

View attachment 61137

At first i thought it was pretty iffy. Seeing this pic, and yeah he is clearly 2 to 3 yards away from the sideline. I mean the play w/ Fant from Locks throw, is clear example of why you should tackle your opponent and not just shove or assume they will go out of bounds.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
At first i thought it was pretty iffy. Seeing this pic, and yeah he is clearly 2 to 3 yards away from the sideline. I mean the play w/ Fant from Locks throw, is clear example of why you should tackle your opponent and not just shove or assume they will go out of bounds.
Really??? that's 6 to 9 feet??? LOLOLOLOL, do you BS your friends like that too? LOLOLOL, and besides, the distance here IS NOT THE ISSUE, what this thread is all about in the first place, was Geno calling Simmons out NOT FOR the push to get him out of bounds, it was him PURPOSELY TRYING to F#(^ HIM UP with the Hip Drop-> Y'all are not being honest if you actually believe that Simmons' "Tackle" was an intentional clean play.

balakoth

Reaction score
How is it BS? The hit wasn't illegal in any way so there's no fine. Jawing and taunting and pointing, and whatever else, at the sideline is an unsportsmanlike foul, so there was a flag and a fine that's automatic for it. This is the third season where it's been an emphasis. DK got the exact same flag and the exact same fine a few games ago. The players know it's a flag and a fine. If they do it anyway, then it's on them.
You mean the QB jogging out of bounds and the tackle occurring out of bounds when he landed on his legs? Gotcha

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
You mean the QB jogging out of bounds and the tackle occurring out of bounds when he landed on his legs? Gotcha
IMG 2902
In what world is any player jogging with the ball when a defender is after him that far from the sideline? And what physics defying technique is used to not fall on the guy during a tackle (at full speed, not jogging speed) that starts 2-3 yards inbounds?

rcaido

Reaction score
Widescreen shot. He grab him from his arm and let go too. Could have been a lot worse.

Screenshot 20231009 160331

CouchLogic

Reaction score
If you're jogging to the sideline (upfield like homie pointed out), you better expect to get popped. I'm going to lay into you the best I can in that situation. Play is dead at the whistle, not when a player decides it is.

That tangent aside...

Dirty play? Maybe a little by the nature of the outcome, but it was more than likely involuntary at that point. So it goes.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If you're jogging to the sideline (upfield like homie pointed out), you better expect to get popped. I'm going to lay into you the best I can in that situation. Play is dead at the whistle, not when a player decides it is.

That tangent aside...

Dirty play? Maybe a little by the nature of the outcome, but it was more than likely involuntary at that point. So it goes.
It absolutely WAS a Dirty Play---NO Question about it.
You and a few others are giving Simmons the benefit of the doubt & ASSUMING that he was on the up & up, but rewatching the play SEVERAL TIMES shows his INTENTIONS of Fu%$#ng Geno up, and there's no excuse for that s#it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmmm Geno get taking down with a roll up tackle and it is a dirty type tackle not really as flagrant as the horsecollar to save a touchdown that McDaniel's said was the right thing to do last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts