Geno fined by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Widescreen shot. He grab him from his arm and let go too. Could have been a lot worse.

View attachment 61155
25 Says bullshit on him going "Up Field"....Face it Caido, you are WRONG.
Anyone else notice how it's mostly the folks here who DISLIKE/DISTRUST Geno who are giving Isaiah Simmons the thumbs up on that chickensh*t play?

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
25 Says bullshit on him going "Up Field"....Face it Caido, you are WRONG.
Anyone else notice how it's mostly the folks here who DISLIKE/DISTRUST Geno who are giving Isaiah Simmons the thumbs up on that chickensh*t play?
I love Geno and I think you are WAAAAAYYYYYY over reacting. 🤷‍♂️

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I love Geno and I think you are WAAAAAYYYYYY over reacting. 🤷‍♂️
Okay, show me in that pic where #25 was so positioned that Geno had a chance in hell of getting past him and all the while being corralled & wrapped up by Isiaha Simmons doing a Bull-Rush "Hip Drop (DIRTY) Tackle".

Torc

Reaction score
What is your definition of "dirty"? The tackle was within the rules. I happen to agree with you, I've seen too many players injured on this type of tackle. But until it is banned, it isn't cheating.

Bobby Wagner and Richard Sherman don't think it should be banned.

ShermanTweet

The NFLPA doesn't think it should be banned.

League members of the NFL Competition Committee have indicated it is considering instituting a new playing rule prohibiting a tackling technique it described as the “hip-drop tackle.” Despite this intent, the NFL also acknowledged that they were having a difficult time defining a “hip-drop tackle.”

While the players have consistently advocated for health and safety advancements, any prohibition on the “hip-drop tackle” technique is unfair to players and unrealistic to implement. It places defensive players in an impossible position by creating indecision in the mind of any tackling player, puts officials in an unreasonable situation that will result in inconsistent calls on the field, and confuses our fans.

We call on the NFL to reconsider implementing a rule prohibiting the “hip drop tackle.”

If you can't even get the players to agree it is unsafe, it's going to be a hard sell to get the league to ban it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
What is your definition of "dirty"? The tackle was within the rules. I happen to agree with you, I've seen too many players injured on this type of tackle. But until it is banned, it isn't cheating.

View attachment 61176

If you can't even get the players to agree it is unsafe, it's going to be a hard sell to get the league to ban it.
That’s all well and good but have any of them consulted Scutter about this? Who knows more than him?!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That’s all well and good but have any of them consulted Scutter about this? Who knows more than him?!
Most certainly not you.
To add, I never said that it was "Cheating", or an "ILLEGAL PLAY", but there's no doubt that it IS a "DIRTY PLAY".

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What a BS money grab by the league.

Smith was PO'd after being hit questionably out of bounds and was upset the same thing just happened to Lockett w/o the officials doing anything.

These fines are something the players need to rebel over or negotiate out pf the next CBA.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

View attachment 61176

Well - not to be a homer - but if BWagz is questioning it - well - I gotta go with team Bobby.....

Even contrary to my own thoughts on the play.

sutz

Reaction score
Okay, show me in that pic where #25 was so positioned that Geno had a chance in hell of getting past him and all the while being corralled & wrapped up by Isiaha Simmons doing a Bull-Rush "Hip Drop (DIRTY) Tackle".
No.

Maybe we should just ban tackling from behind. 🤷‍♂️

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The whole NO DOUBT part of it is wrong. There absolutely is doubt, and I can see both sides of this argument. I can also see why Geno got mad; it was justified in the moment.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
What a BS money grab by the league.

Smith was PO'd after being hit questionably out of bounds and was upset the same thing just happened to Lockett w/o the officials doing anything.

These fines are something the players need to rebel over or negotiate out pf the next CBA.
They're not going to get anywhere with a rebellion. Unsportsmanlike flags for jaw jacking with the sideline has nothing whatsoever to do with actually playing football. They have no argument against it, especially in this case. It wasn't a heat of the moment reaction, it was close to 40 minutes of real time after the play.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well a 185 CB trying to bring down a 225 or bigger player has to use their weight and grab what they can. It is really hard to try and regulate something that is a leverage issue. Dragging them down from behind every game in some way.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No.

Maybe we should just ban tackling from behind.
That's not the point at all.
So I guess the "Dirtiness" of that kind of play will only be addressed when someone gets carted off the field one last time, with a Career ending injury before some of y'all get where I'm coming from 🤷‍♂️?
Look, There's a LOT of discussion about Keeping the head up while tackling so's to PREVENT injuries.
Bulldogging Tackles are fine for the Tackler, not so good for the ones getting rolled up on.
Tackling TECHNIQUE is that asking for too much????
Actually, now that we're on the subject, what ever happened with Pete's propensity for the SAFE & correct tackling that the rest of the League was supposedly adopting??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.