Geno fined by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
This is some serious BS.

I don't get it.

How is it BS? The hit wasn't illegal in any way so there's no fine. Jawing and taunting and pointing, and whatever else, at the sideline is an unsportsmanlike foul, so there was a flag and a fine that's automatic for it. This is the third season where it's been an emphasis. DK got the exact same flag and the exact same fine a few games ago. The players know it's a flag and a fine. If they do it anyway, then it's on them.

keasley45

Reaction score
How is it BS? The hit wasn't illegal in any way so there's no fine. Jawing and taunting and pointing, and whatever else, at the sideline is an unsportsmanlike foul, so there was a flag and a fine that's automatic for it. This is the third season where it's been an emphasis. DK got the exact same flag and the exact same fine a few games ago. The players know it's a flag and a fine. If they do it anyway, then it's on them.

Geno wasn't going anywhere but out of bounds. There's zero doubt about that.bhe wqs stepping out when tge defender continued the act of the tackle unnecessarily.

If that was one of tgr leagues Golden Boys being tackled like that, it's 15 and a fine of the defender.

It's BS

Just like the grounding was BS in Detroit.

Geno has been openly critical of the refs and justifiably so. This is his reward for it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Geno wasn't going anywhere but out of bounds. There's zero doubt about that.bhe wqs stepping out when tge defender continued the act of the tackle unnecessarily.

If that was one of tgr leagues Golden Boys being tackled like that, it's 15 and a fine of the defender.

It's BS

Just like the grounding was BS in Detroit.

Geno has been openly critical of the refs and justifiably so. This is his reward for it.
Nothing you said, except the part about grounding, is true. It was a 100% legal tackle. It was a 100% proper flag and 100% the pre-set fine for that type of penalty. Exactly the same as DK got.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Nothing you said, except the part about grounding, is true. It was a 100% legal tackle. It was a 100% proper flag and 100% the pre-set fine for that type of penalty. Exactly the same as DK got.
And it’s 100% subjective if they throw a flag for that exact same tackle on others, that’s the BS part of it.

You go ahead and defend the situation if that’s what you’re comfortable with, but it’s dishonest to suggest that it’s flagged/not flagged equally across the board (all teams/players)

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Seahawks have the attention of the league office.
This.

Total bullshit.

Well, at least they didn't fine Adams for having scrambled his eggs and then yelling at the doc while he was incoherent. So we're 1-1.

Not a good look. How about cleaning up the tackling problem instead? Naw, let's bash the victim some more.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
And it’s 100% subjective if they throw a flag for that exact same tackle on others, that’s the BS part of it.

You go ahead and defend the situation if that’s what you’re comfortable with, but it’s dishonest to suggest that it’s flagged/not flagged equally across the board (all teams/players)
There's always going to be the possibility of bad calls/no calls. It happens every game to every team. The idea that it happens to the Seahawks more than other teams is persecution complex nonsense that doesn't hold up to the slightest bit of scrutiny. People complain about it constantly and 80% or more of the time it's because they don't actually know the rules. Should sticky the rulebook on the front page. If the roles were reversed and the Seahawks were flagged for it, the same people would be screaming to high heaven that it isn't a foul. Not that other teams won't get flagged for it, but that it wasn't a foul at all in the first place.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
This.

Total bullshit.

Well, at least they didn't fine Adams for having scrambled his eggs and then yelling at the doc while he was incoherent. So we're 1-1.

Not a good look. How about cleaning up the tackling problem instead? Naw, let's bash the victim some more.
The league has tried to legislate those kinds of hip drop tackles but the NFLPA (the players' union, not the league) opposes making it a foul.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The league has tried to legislate those kinds of hip drop tackles but the NFLPA (the players' union, not the league) opposes making it a foul.
Yea, I read that -

I guess I'm biased - but the big problem that I have with it, isn't whether the issue of the Hip Drop Tackle is evil, bad, or worthy of banning, or enforceable, or will 'confuse' the fanbase (NFL words), but the fact that the guy who got jacked is the one who got fined.

Didn't they start talking about this because of Mahomes? Sounds like the OPI/DPI or lack thereof challengeability from the Saints debacle. When it happens to the big guys - all of a sudden there's handwringing - but it's for show, and it goes away.

Anyhow - rant aside - my problem here is with fining the victim.

I trust Geno - and aside from my hatred of a few other QBs (less and less with Brady gone and Rodgers out!) the QB's generally know when it's dirty. And it didn't pass the eyeball test with me.

NY might be a bunch of wanna be gangsters but the dude needed a flag on the play. In the spirit of the play - if not the letter of the regulations.

Just my opinion. And, if it was us that had made 'that' tackle - I still would say the same thing. Dirty shit doesn't fly well with me - whether they are doing it or us.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hmm, So it's not a dirty play? a cheap shot on a Quarterback who is going out of bounds?
Sorry, but players intentionally doing the "Hip Drop Tackles" KNOWING that it's possible to F#$* someone up is Chickens#*t.
There's a reason why 'Horse Collar Tackles' among other dirty plays are being flagged-> Protect The Players, and cut down on the chances of maybe ending someone's Season, or Career.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Hmm, So it's not a dirty play? a cheap shot on a Quarterback who is going out of bounds?
Sorry, but players intentionally doing the "Hip Drop Tackles" KNOWING that it's possible to F#$* someone up is Chickens#*t.
There's a reason why 'Horse Collar Tackles' among other dirty plays are being flagged-> Protect The Players, and cut down on the chances of maybe ending someone's Season, or Career.
Agreed.

"cheap shot on a Quarterback who is going out of bounds?" is the functional statement here.

Doesn't really matter 'what' flavor of dirty play you pull as the dude is going out - it's the fact that you did.

Guess if Geno was a Top 3 recognized QB - might have gotten the flag. But that old conspiracy theory is rearing it's head again ;)

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Put this in context to a few plays later, when the Giant's D didn't finish the sideline tackle and let the Seahawk player tip-toe and scamper down the edge of the field to the 2 yard line.

I have a good idea who was in the NY doghouse at halftime, and it wasn't the guy that tackled Geno.

pmedic920

Reaction score
There's always going to be the possibility of bad calls/no calls. It happens every game to every team. The idea that it happens to the Seahawks more than other teams is persecution complex nonsense that doesn't hold up to the slightest bit of scrutiny. People complain about it constantly and 80% or more of the time it's because they don't actually know the rules. Should sticky the rulebook on the front page. If the roles were reversed and the Seahawks were flagged for it, the same people would be screaming to high heaven that it isn't a foul. Not that other teams won't get flagged for it, but that it wasn't a foul at all in the first place.
I never said anything about it happening to Seahawks more.
I said it’s subjective and isn’t called equality across all teams/players.
You say it wasn’t a foul, and maybe it wasn’t. I don’t have an opinion on that aspect because I haven’t reviewed it to form one of my own.

I believe the folks that are upset or questioning the call/no call are doing so based on the simple fact, these type of things aren’t equal.
They probably never will be for two main reasons imo. One, honest human error, the other, dishonest or intentional human error.

Not only are the calls on the field not equal, how the league doles out fines and disciplinary action isn’t equal.

NoGain

Reaction score
It was a dirty tackle. The guy unnecessarily dropped his whole body weight on the backside of Geno's legs out of bounds. True, such a tackle is still legal in the NFL, though it shouldn't be much longer if the league truly cares about player's safety. Florio and Simms addressed this kind of tackle on their show this week. I'm glad Geno called the player out on it. Flags would have been flying had it been Mahomes tackled that way. You can bank on that.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I never said anything about it happening to Seahawks more.
I said it’s subjective and isn’t called equality across all teams/players.
You say it wasn’t a foul, and maybe it wasn’t. I don’t have an opinion on that aspect because I haven’t reviewed it to form one of my own.

I believe the folks that are upset or questioning the call/no call are doing so based on the simple fact, these type of things aren’t equal.
They probably never will be for two main reasons imo. One, honest human error, the other, dishonest or intentional human error.

Not only are the calls on the field not equal, how the league doles out fines and disciplinary action isn’t equal.
You might not necessarily been saying that, but the people I was responding to (that you quoted in response to me) were. I, the refs, the league and the players' association all say it wasn't a foul. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, but that doesn't make an opinion valid.

You say you aren't saying "that" but then you say "that" is half the reasons why people are upset? There was zero reason for a fine, so that's consistent and they have been entirely consistent with flagging and fining players for involving the other sideline, as they have for the previous two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.