Geno fined by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutz

Reaction score
Geno said he understood why he got the penalty and admitted he shouldn't have been chirping at the bench players and coaches. Let it be.

NoGain

Reaction score
I didn't think it was a dirty play. It was close, but the initial contact was made in bounds and the hip slide wasn't intentional as the tackler was already going to the ground. But I can see where Geno, with his back turned and unable to see how and why the tackle was made, could think it was dirty and I don't blame him for spouting off about it, at least initially during the heat of the moment. Where he made his mistake and what drew the penalty and subsequent fine was when he returned to the field minutes afterwards and continued jacking his jaws.
That's a different take than a few ex NFL football players had. They said the player didn't have to hip-fall with his total weight on the back of Geno's legs. It's certainly not set in stone that the very end of the tackle wasn't intentional.

RiverDog

Reaction score
That's a different take than a few ex NFL football players had. They said the player didn't have to hip-fall with his total weight on the back of Geno's legs. It's certainly not set in stone that the very end of the tackle wasn't intentional.
Neither of us can make a determination that it wasn't intentional, but the impression I got was that it wasn't. Both players were headed to the sidelines so he had to do something to prevent both of them from slamming into the others that were standing, so changing his weight to fall backwards would take out some of that momentum.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That tackle was BS. Geno was going out of bounds and Simmons knew how dangerous that type of tackle can be.

Pete was talking about how he saw Joey Browner "wreck a guy" in Minnesota on a similar play.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LOL, Dude, if a Seahawk was flagged for it you would absolutely be the loudest person screaming about the league being against Seattle for throwing a flag on a legal, clean play.
BULLSHIT Fatty, I don't care WHICH player on WHATEVER TEAM, it was a gotdamned hit on a player GOING OUT OF BOUNDS!!, I've seen a SHITLOAD of flags for ass#0les tackling players that were OUT OF BOUNDS, and that INCLUDED (& rightfully so) a >>SEAHAWK DEFENDER<<< pulling that sh*t!!
WRONG IS WRONG, P-E-R-I-O-D!!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That's a weak argument, or, better put, no argument at all. The issue isn't the team you're rooting for, it's whether or not the play/kind of tackle is one that should be ruled out in the name of player safety.
^^^^THIS^^^^

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Of course Geno did. It's different to be a player on th receiving end to it vs random internet dudes who've had a week to rewatch as many times they care to. Some clearly should rewatch it if they think the contact that started inbounds occurred with one foot out of bounds. Our memories are wildly imperfect and our inclinations can color our recollections.

The timeline for his penalty is much longer than a few minutes. The play happened around 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter and his penalty wasn't until 2 minutes into the 3rd. That's close to 40-45 minutes of real time to compartmentalize it and be a professional and leader. There's absolutely no justification for it, he knows it's a penalty and he knows it does nothing but help the other team.
F-A-C-T: IT WAS AN UNNECESSARY & CHICKENSHIT PLAY WHERE GENO WAS ALREADY O-U-T OF BOUNDS, Simmons is an ASS#0LE.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That tackle was BS. Geno was going out of bounds and Simmons knew how dangerous that type of tackle can be.

Pete was talking about how he saw Joey Browner "wreck a guy" in Minnesota on a similar play.
Of course Fat Knuckle emojied a laugh response...He's already COMMITTED to a >WRONG< position on the matter, he's not going to ADMIT HIS FOLLY!!
The facts/results are beyond any argument to LOGICS....and as Soulfishhawk would say ..3-2-1

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
BULLSHIT Fatty, I don't care WHICH player on WHATEVER TEAM, it was a gotdamned hit on a player GOING OUT OF BOUNDS!!, I've seen a SHITLOAD of flags for ass#0les tackling players that were OUT OF BOUNDS, and that INCLUDED (& rightfully so) a >>SEAHAWK DEFENDER<<< pulling that sh*t!!
WRONG IS WRONG, P-E-R-I-O-D!!!!
First off, LOL. Like anyone believes that.

Second, here's your "too close to being out of bounds" hit. He's still 2-3 yards inbounds! TWO to THREE YARDS! That's too close?!?! You remember the Bengals Steelers game a few years ago when the DB thought the receiver who was actually at the sideline was going out so he didn't make a hit and the receiver scored. Same here. I use the example of a receiver because that's what Geno was at the time, he caught his own pass. He has no QB protections. But you think since he's heading for the sideline that he should get a pass. Absurd lack of football intelligence there.

BTW, I saw 2 or 3 of these kind of tackles today just in the games I was watching, one was actually close to the sideline not your BS version of close, nary a flag to be seen. But I guess you and your fellow blue colored glasses ilk know better!

IMG 2902

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Neither of us can make a determination that it wasn't intentional, but the impression I got was that it wasn't. Both players were headed to the sidelines so he had to do something to prevent both of them from slamming into the others that were standing, so changing his weight to fall backwards would take out some of that momentum.
Where the hell is the fitting 'Rolly eyes' emoji when you need one?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Of course Fat Knuckle emojied a laugh response...He's already COMMITTED to a >WRONG< position on the matter, he's not going to ADMIT HIS FOLLY!!
The facts/results are beyond any argument to LOGICS....and as Soulfishhawk would say ..3-2-1
Any comment on how correct you were in calling it a FACT that Geno was out of bounds?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
First off, LOL. Like anyone believes that.

Second, here's your "too close to being out of bounds" hit. He's still 2-3 yards inbounds! TWO to THREE YARDS! That's too close?!?! You remember the Bengals Steelers game a few years ago when the DB thought the receiver who was actually at the sideline was going out so he didn't make a hit and the receiver scored. Same here. I use the example of a receiver because that's what Geno was at the time, he caught his own pass. He has no QB protections. But you think since he's heading for the sideline that he should get a pass. Absurd lack of football intelligence there.

BTW, I saw 2 or 3 of these kind of tackles today just in the games I was watching, one was actually close to the sideline not your BS version of close, nary a flag to be seen. But I guess you and your fellow blue colored glasses ilk know better!

View attachment 61137
LOLOL, I really don't give a shit if you do or don't believe it.
Simmons DID NOT have to make that chickenshit play when Geno was OUT OF BOUNDS...He could have PULLED UP!!!!
It was an UNNECESSARY DIRTY PLAY, & you can't argue your way around it, PERIOD!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The tackle wasn't necessary, however it was technically within the rules.

Geno lost his composure for the rest of the game. The fine seems excessive, but it is what it is.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The tackle wasn't necessary, however it was technically within the rules.

Geno lost his composure for the rest of the game. The fine seems excessive, but it is what it is.
Rollyeyes ^^

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
LOLOL, I really don't give a shit if you do or don't believe it.
Simmons DID NOT have to make that chickenshit play when Geno was OUT OF BOUNDS...He could have PULLED UP!!!!
It was an UNNECESSARY DIRTY PLAY, & you can't argue your way around it, PERIOD!
The tackle started 2-3 yards away from the sideline, he even lets go right after they go out of bounds.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Rollyeyes ^^
That's fine. Agree to disagree.

He should've just let it go. Instead he let it effect him and subsequently his performance suffered. Hopefully he's alright and can just put it behind him.

I will say however that if that tackle happened to Mahomes or a "star" QB, the league would be taking a much different stance on this. But within the rules as they are, it was, by rule, a legal play.

Status
Not open for further replies.