Metcalf got fined

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I got no problem with the cheap shot but getting goaded into a taunting penalty was just silly.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I got no problem with the cheap shot but getting goaded into a taunting penalty was just silly.
I have a problem with the cheap shot. Had the refs seen it, they would have called a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The entire league knows that they can get inside Metcalf's head and mess with him, so don't expect this issue to go away anytime soon. Hopefully it doesn't happen in a situation that could cost us a game.

It's a little off topic, but I can remember an interview with Lester Hayes, the Raiders All Pro cornerback of the early 80's and notorious trash talker, being asked about going up against Steve Largent. He said that he honestly wondered if Largent was deaf, that he said some of the worst things imaginable to him but never got so much as a look from him. That is until Largent burned him for a 60-yard reception and after the tackle, Largent was laughing as he looked at Hayes.

Rat

Reaction score
I hope he takes an even cheaper shot this week. Whatever keeps him motivated.

m0ng0

Reaction score
GOOD!!!! See jake bobo getting chewed out by Pete in the pre season. Dk is not playing with a full set of checkers on the board.

chrispy

Reaction score
The rough math is that DK makes about $50 every minute of every day. (24mil/365/24/60). Fine=completely meaningless.... The real news is that superstars don't really need to follow the rules, but rookies and vet-min-contracts do have measurable repercussions. Jake Bobo makes $750k/yr so the fine would take him 32x longer to earn equivalent. ...makes for an uneven playing field in my opinion.

m0ng0

Reaction score
The rough math is that DK makes about $50 every minute of every day. (24mil/365/24/60). Fine=completely meaningless.... The real news is that superstars don't really need to follow the rules, but rookies and vet-min-contracts do have measurable repercussions. Jake Bobo makes $750k/yr so the fine would take him 32x longer to earn equivalent. ...makes for an uneven playing field in my opinion.
Well DK has a proven track record of making amazing plays, and also numerous bonehead plays. I was all for trading him a year ago personally. He is Terrell Owens

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The rough math is that DK makes about $50 every minute of every day. (24mil/365/24/60). Fine=completely meaningless....
Yes, there needs to be some repercussion that sends the message when a fine doesn't work.

Oh, I don't know, maybe park a beat up truck in front of his house for two weeks.
...and increase the duration for any subsequent ding dong actions.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Well DK has a proven track record of making amazing plays, and also numerous bonehead plays. I was all for trading him a year ago personally. He is Terrell Owens
Yeah, I wanted to trade him a year before his rookie deal was up, and not j/b he's a bonehead. I view good wide receivers as a dime a dozen, and the great ones don't win championships for their teams.

There's lots of them out there that could adequately fill the void created if we didn't have Metcalf in the lineup, Jake Bobo being the latest. Great, HOF type WR's, like Megatron, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, OBJ, et al don't have a helluva lot of rings. It doesn't take an Olympic athlete to be a very good WR, Cooper Kupp being a good example.

Basically, I consider wide receivers as the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL: I don't give them any respect.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted to trade him a year before his rookie deal was up, and not j/b he's a bonehead. I view good wide receivers as a dime a dozen, and the great ones don't win championships for their teams.

There's lots of them out there that could adequately fill the void created if we didn't have Metcalf in the lineup, Jake Bobo being the latest. Great, HOF type WR's, like Megatron, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, OBJ, et al don't have a helluva lot of rings. It doesn't take an Olympic athlete to be a very good WR, Cooper Kupp being a good example.

Basically, I consider wide receivers as the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL: I don't give them any respect.
the Cooper Kupps can help you win super bowls, as can the Baldwins and Edelmans etc. You need chain movers which is what JSN is supposed to be. So in short I agree. Big 3rd or 4th and 5 does anybody here really want the ball going in DKs direction? no. You prefer Lockett or any of the TEs

RiverDog

Reaction score
the Cooper Kupps can help you win super bowls, as can the Baldwins and Edelmans etc. You need chain movers which is what JSN is supposed to be. So in short I agree. Big 3rd or 4th and 5 does anybody here really want the ball going in DKs direction? no. You prefer Lockett or any of the TEs
Good examples with the chain movers.

In defense of Metcalf, he has made some tough catches, but you can't trust him. He could catch a pass for a first down then retreat and lose 5 yards in an attempt to be a hero by taking it to the house. I'd much rather have Lockett as my first option in 3rd and less than 10 situations.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Good examples with the chain movers.

In defense of Metcalf, he has made some tough catches, but you can't trust him. He could catch a pass for a first down then retreat and lose 5 yards in an attempt to be a hero by taking it to the house. I'd much rather have Lockett as my first option in 3rd and less than 10 situations.
Not only go back fighting for yards, but how often does he fumble it fighting for yards? you need players who scare you deep like metcalf, but I get nervous going to him too much. Baldwin, Lockett, Kupp can beat you in a thousand different ways (including deep) and rarely drop a pass

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

Agree with your take on WRs. There is a theory that the closer a position is to the LOS the bigger impact they have in the game. I am not a fan of paying a WR $25 million a year

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I like players who act like they give a damn as DK does. I hate coaches that only give air time about giving a damn about winning but don’t make changes to make that happen.