Free Agent Targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seahawkville":wmz084vn said:
Not sure about benching someone, but it's all about competition here.

Griffin was ok as a rookie, hard to say how he will progress, and Shermans injury for a CB is a concern. Not sure why you think a good CB like Butler isn't a fit.

Height is over rated around here. Has height won a super bowl?

It definitely helped us win in 2013. Pete likes tall corners on the outside. Coleman has the slot job locked down, so there's no place for Malcolm. It's not just height either, it's wingspan/arm length. It's undeniable that length helps a corner jam and control the receiver, as well as make plays on the ball when it seems like he's beat. Just this year, Sherman swatted a ball away from Tarvares King (I think) in the Giants game. He got beat down the sidelines, but was able to knock the ball away due to his long arms.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahawkville":3k62pdis said:
Not sure about benching someone, but it's all about competition here.

Griffin was ok as a rookie, hard to say how he will progress, and Shermans injury for a CB is a concern. Not sure why you think a good CB like Butler isn't a fit.

Height is over rated around here. Has height won a super bowl?

Over rated?? It sure as heck got us there!

Ce85544c bc08 11e5 bb8b a7093b4eb0b4 780x731

hawkfan68

Reaction score
gowazzu02":ppj7kyum said:
No high profile ones.... were gonna get a couple compensatory picks if Jimmy and sheldon Richardson leave. If we sign we would lose.

Compensatory picks wouldn't be available until 2019 should Sheldon and Jimmy leave in FA. That doesn't help the team much in 2018. If they can bring one or both back on fair deals, then the team would be better for it in 2018.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Demaryius Thomas may be released by the Broncos. He's be a nice big target to add. Isaiah Crowell would be a nice fit with Seahawks. Physical style and still fairly young.

randomation

Reaction score
I don't want an FA kicker I want either Pinerio or Carlson I also want JK Scott or Dickson spend money on getting proven guards and a good injury free pass catching back. Otherwise fill D from the draft and try to keep Jimmy.

If Tevin Coleman is available for the right price in terms of draft picks he would be my number one priority outside of Jimmy.

original poster

Reaction score
hawkfan68":zyd1bw9h said:
Demaryius Thomas may be released by the Broncos. He's be a nice big target to add. Isaiah Crowell would be a nice fit with Seahawks. Physical style and still fairly young.

I've got an article coming out on my site about potential cheap (mainly vet minimum up to $4-5M a year) FA pickups, Isaiah Crowell is one of those names.

I'll post the link here if people are interested once its live.

Here's the part about Isaiah -

Isaiah Crowell – RB

Isaiah, drafted by the Browns in 2014 has been very consistent as a running back, he has never missed a game for them (very impressive for a running back) and has got close to a 1000 yard season the last two years. In 2016 he put up 952 yards and 853 in 2017. Averging 4.1 in 2017 and 4.8 in 2016. He deserves a contract very similar to the contracvt the team gave Eddie Lacy in 2017. I do fear, however, that Seattle may not be an ideal landing spot for him and he’d go with another team, even for a lower value contract.

Chance of Isaiah Crowell becoming a Seahawk – 30%
Contract prediction – 1-year $4-5M

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My suspicion is the team won’t be active at all in FA.

They will try to re-up their own and acquire cheap FA late where our young players don’t seem adequate.

I expect a year of few new additions.p

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3c9hl0rx said:
gowazzu02":3c9hl0rx said:
No high profile ones.... were gonna get a couple compensatory picks if Jimmy and sheldon Richardson leave. If we sign we would lose.

Compensatory picks wouldn't be available until 2019 should Sheldon and Jimmy leave in FA. That doesn't help the team much in 2018. If they can bring one or both back on fair deals, then the team would be better for it in 2018.

The compensatory picks for 2019 can be traded for positioning in the 2018 draft.

kf3339

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":3umo5n5e said:
hawkfan68":3umo5n5e said:
gowazzu02":3umo5n5e said:

The compensatory picks for 2019 can be traded for positioning in the 2018 draft.

You have to find a partner that wants to push out their own plans for that to work. Not as easy to assume this can happen. This is especially true when every other team knows your draft picks for this years draft, and that you need extra picks to reload this year.

No, the only way this works is if we bring one back into the fold. For me it's Sheldon Richardson. He commands a position of true need that this teams has lacked for many years. A penetrating 3tech DT is very difficult to replace and no 3rd round compensatory pick is going to take his place.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":oeak32u8 said:
hawkfan68":oeak32u8 said:
gowazzu02":oeak32u8 said:

Are you certain about that? Compensatory picks a team receives is not determined until after the said season. The comp picks have yet to be determined for 2018 draft. Losing Graham and Sheldon this offseason doesn’t help them as far as comp picks until they are awarded picks which happens next offseason. No team will trade anything for position on a “ghost” pick because that pick is uncertain. Again, this doesn’t help the Seahawks in 2018.

https://overthecap.com/projecting-2018-compensatory-picks/

kf3339

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3h3xuvwt said:
TransGenderHawkFan":3h3xuvwt said:
hawkfan68":3h3xuvwt said:
gowazzu02":3h3xuvwt said:

The compensatory picks for 2019 can be traded for positioning in the 2018 draft.[/quot

Are you certain about that? Compensatory picks a team receives is not determined until after the said season. The comp picks have yet to be determined for 2018 draft. Losing Graham and Sheldon this offseason doesn’t help them as far as comp picks until they are awarded picks which happens next offseason. No team will trade anything for position on a “ghost” pick because that pick is uncertain. Again, this doesn’t help the Seahawks in 2018.

https://overthecap.com/projecting-2018-compensatory-picks/

Exactly, so waiting on a hypothetical as opposed to a top performing veteran that can help in 2018 and beyond only means that you expect the team to start a rebuilding process. If that is the case there are quite a few current vets on this team that need to be traded and/or cut to start that process today.

I don't think that is what PC and JS are trying to accomplish at all. PC wants to get back to the SB in the next year or two. A 2019 comp pick isn't going to help in that goal.

lukerguy

Reaction score
original poster":5o6bmd1x said:
Very confident Allen Robinson will be a Seahawk.

(If he doesn’t get tagged)

Curious why you feel this confidence?

Hawks drafted PRich in the same class but like 20 picks earlier.

I am no personnel expert but I liked him more than prich coming out of college.

However, I like PRich's speed and skill set. If all things are the same with asking price, I'd probably take Prich since Robinson is coming off injury.

lukerguy

Reaction score
PaVloVa!8":2a2kof3y said:
massari":2a2kof3y said:
Haven't looked at every free agent, but these ones seemed like good fits:

OL - Andrew Norwell, Josh Kline, Garry Gilliam, Joeckel (for about $2M per), Jonathan Cooper

WR - Terrelle Pryor, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Eric Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler, all might be fairly cheap and worth taking a chance on. Paul Richardson and Marqise Lee are probably a bit pricier.

TE - Trey Burton, Tyler Eifert, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Jimmy Graham (for about $7M per max), Ben Watson, Anthony Fasano, Lee Smith, Darren Fells, Troy Niklas, Ed Dickson, Virgil Green, Luke Willson

RB - Le'Veon Bell, Charles Sims

CB - Jalen Collins, Maxwell, Shead, Vontae Davis all might be cheap

S - Bradley McDougald, Eric Reid, Morgan Burnett, LaMarcus Joyner, Tre Boston, TJ Ward, Tyvon Branch

DL/LEO/SLB - Sheldon Richardson, Kony Ealy, Junior Galette, William Hayes,Tank Carradine, Alex Okafor, Devon Kennard, Barkevious Mingo, Courtney Upshaw, Aldon Smith

I would re sign Joeckel, Mcdougald,Richardson,Shead,Maxwell very cheap probably get cut if Sherman get back in shape. ..,I love ASJ replacing Graham ... and if we got money left Lee

You'd re-sign Joeckel?

lukerguy

Reaction score
hawkfan68":39emdwk8 said:

Thomas is too soft and drops the ball too much.

Go watch SB48 over again.. Dude totally got scared after Bam Bam hit. Went MIA.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
lukerguy":1i7b5qtn said:
hawkfan68":1i7b5qtn said:

Thomas is too soft and drops the ball too much.

Go watch SB48 over again.. Dude totally got scared after Bam Bam hit. Went MIA.

I disagree with your opinion on Thomas. He broke the Superbowl record for most receptions.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-breaks-super-bowl-record-for-most-receptions

I believe he also aggravated an injury during the game and still toughed it up to finish the game. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-breaks-super-bowl-record-for-most-receptions

He was the one Bronco player who actually showed up.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Free agency wants usually carry the same tune. Our OL might actually be almost set minus a player or so, but all I see are skill position players being talked about. Don't get me wrong, I'd be on board with ASJ over Graham because he just fits the offense that much better as an actual well rounded legitimate TE, but I'm not sure we need to be talking about spending at WR. We have a couple of guys in the wings right now. We even retained Moore on the season roster so someone else didn't take him because someone else was wanting him. We need to add depth at WR, not spend. Some of the guys talked about don't offer anything more physically than Darboh and Moore and, because of the money, are just as big of a risk. Unfortunately, we're at a point where we need to talk about ROI almost exclusively right now. We aren't far off, but we don't need to get pigeon holed either. Continue more natural growth instead of playing high risk cards. RB, OL, TE, and then we can find some WRs. I've been kicking around the idea of Prosise taking reps at WR and playing a Harvin role too. We have talent and options, but need more core strength.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Keeping our own, just those that the team wants to keep is going to be tough. Adding more than one or two low level FAs will be also tough.

Cap purgatory is on the team and the FO is gong to have to make some big changes before any FA moves can be made.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3ou6cbqq said:
Keeping our own, just those that the team wants to keep is going to be tough. Adding more than one or two low level FAs will be also tough.

Cap purgatory is on the team and the FO is gong to have to make some big changes before any FA moves can be made.
So letting JG,Lacey,Lane,PRich and Luke J go doesn't get us 1 FA?

Atradees

Reaction score
It will be interesting just how, if any, different the new staffs input will be. I've personally been clamoring for change and wow they did it. Did Cable really have all that input? Will Solari be much improved? (as far as personnel and free agency).
Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts