Free Agent Targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

massari

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1kfop51h said:
massari":1kfop51h said:
Haven't looked at every free agent, but these ones seemed like good fits:

OL - Andrew Norwell, Josh Kline, Garry Gilliam, Joeckel (for about $2M per), Jonathan Cooper

WR - Terrelle Pryor, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Eric Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler, all might be fairly cheap and worth taking a chance on. Paul Richardson and Marqise Lee are probably a bit pricier.

TE - Trey Burton, Tyler Eifert, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Jimmy Graham (for about $7M per max), Ben Watson, Anthony Fasano, Lee Smith, Darren Fells, Troy Niklas, Ed Dickson, Virgil Green, Luke Willson

RB - Le'Veon Bell, Charles Sims

CB - Jalen Collins, Maxwell, Shead, Vontae Davis all might be cheap

S - Bradley McDougald, Eric Reid, Morgan Burnett, LaMarcus Joyner, Tre Boston, TJ Ward, Tyvon Branch

DL/LEO/SLB - Sheldon Richardson, Kony Ealy, Junior Galette, William Hayes,Tank Carradine, Alex Okafor, Devon Kennard, Barkevious Mingo, Courtney Upshaw, Aldon Smith

Garry Gilliam? Good god, what is wrong with you.

HAVE WE NOT SEEN ENOUGH ALREADY?
For a decent price he'd compete with Fant and Justin Senior at RT while giving some nice depth if someone gets hurt.

PFF actually graded him out about average at RT this season, so maybe he's improving and entering his prime at 27 as well.

Joeckel and Gilliam would be alright for about $2M per each for depth/competition it seems.

PaVloVa!8

Reaction score
Do some know what will happen with Mark Ingram ... will he become a free agent ?!? Is he a good target for the offence ...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
PaVloVa!8":1sjknftj said:
Do some know what will happen with Mark Ingram ... will he become a free agent ?!? Is he a good target for the offence ...

I thought he only became a UFA if he was named all pro which he wasnt.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
massari":fn6kma9v said:
NFSeahawks628":fn6kma9v said:
massari":fn6kma9v said:
Haven't looked at every free agent, but these ones seemed like good fits:

OL - Andrew Norwell, Josh Kline, Garry Gilliam, Joeckel (for about $2M per), Jonathan Cooper

WR - Terrelle Pryor, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Eric Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler, all might be fairly cheap and worth taking a chance on. Paul Richardson and Marqise Lee are probably a bit pricier.

TE - Trey Burton, Tyler Eifert, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Jimmy Graham (for about $7M per max), Ben Watson, Anthony Fasano, Lee Smith, Darren Fells, Troy Niklas, Ed Dickson, Virgil Green, Luke Willson

RB - Le'Veon Bell, Charles Sims

CB - Jalen Collins, Maxwell, Shead, Vontae Davis all might be cheap

S - Bradley McDougald, Eric Reid, Morgan Burnett, LaMarcus Joyner, Tre Boston, TJ Ward, Tyvon Branch

DL/LEO/SLB - Sheldon Richardson, Kony Ealy, Junior Galette, William Hayes,Tank Carradine, Alex Okafor, Devon Kennard, Barkevious Mingo, Courtney Upshaw, Aldon Smith

Garry Gilliam? Good god, what is wrong with you.

HAVE WE NOT SEEN ENOUGH ALREADY?
For a decent price he'd compete with Fant and Justin Senior at RT while giving some nice depth if someone gets hurt.

PFF actually graded him out about average at RT this season, so maybe he's improving and entering his prime at 27 as well.

Yep. He was actually improving here in his last season, though not a stellar lineman by any means.

original poster

Reaction score
I'd love to see them go after Norwell aggressively however they'd need to adapt their cap position to do so.

I maintain my thought that the cap situation will look vastly different come March.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":xxn8khn2 said:
Bobblehead":xxn8khn2 said:
We don't have talent where we need it.. OL, RB

We have invested a lot of resources in O line, they are Power run guys, Cable tried to take Longshoreman
andre-futrell-1024.jpg
and make them into Baryshnikov, 5145EBQ0K5L AC UL320 SR226320 let them be who they are and have crash courses in pass protection. As far as RB, Carson if he comes back all the way should be good, Davis a do everything guy, McKissic is going to thrIve, if Schotty is smart he will use him like Terry Metcalf, a lot of the same skills, Prosise I think may get moved to WR.

Using him like Eric would be cool too.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Arizona may release Iupati as he was less than effective in 16 and hurt all of 17 (he was probably hurt in 16 as well). When healthy he's a heck of a road grader. If he doesn't retire he probably could be had on prove it contract.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Too soon to name names for the most part until after the draft...............but in general I think these are the positions we go after FA's.

- TE
- Guard
- DE
- Outside LB
- Maybe DB if we cut Sherman

DJrmb

Reaction score
I don't understand the people acting like we've got no money to spend on FA. Sure we won't have 60M or something crazy but between what is already freed up and what is likely to change with extensions or cuts or whatever the Seahawks have enough money to sign anyone they want this offseason.

With that said, I feel like John purposely planned to stack up on a lot of comp picks this year and because of that I see them being a little more careful. I think they'll try to not sign anyone that could potentially negate a potential 3rd or 4th round pick they should get for Graham or Richardson.

Someone that has really caught my eye during these playoffs is Senio Kelemente. He could be a real steal in this FA class I think. He stepped up admirably for Andrus Peat after his broken leg and has looked really good at multiple positions throughout the year.

Kelemete has spent time at right tackle, right guard and left guard while making an appearance in all 16 regular season games for the Saints. He has notched eight total starts while being the top option to replace injured starters. He has been a plug-and-play replacement as there has been little to no drop-off in the quality of offensive line play when he is in the lineup.

Towards the mid-way point of the season, Kelemete was singled out as the No. 2 rated guard in terms of pass blocking grade (99.3) in the NFL by Pro Football Focus.

The do-it-all offensive lineman has flown under the radar, but one could argue without his high level of play that the Saints wouldn’t have been as successful in 2017.

Kelemete should be commended for coming off the bench time-and-time again with such great success. Clearly, he was the most critical backup turned starter for the team, and as such should be in consideration as New Orleans MVP.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Speaking of road grater, how about DJ Flucker?

I rewatched a couple of NYG games yesterday and Flucker can make holes and is decent (Not perfect) in the pass game. He looked miles better than our recent guard play. He's a free agent.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Flucker played for Solari last year.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Moncrief makes sense given Schotty's familiarity with him (if he likes him that is). Cheap, young with great measurables - given Luck's injury history he hasn't really had an extended run with a good QB.

Taylor Gabriel should be an inexpensive field stretcher.
De'Anthony Thomas seems under used with the emergence of Tyreek Hill.

getnasty

Reaction score
Love Moncreif and he has tons of talent but he has a huge problem staying healthy. I'd rather pay him then Richardson though.

OP
OP
B

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Moncrief would be a great get. If Jimmy leaves than Donte could replace him as the go-to red zone threat.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3c5xpjf8 said:
PaVloVa!8":3c5xpjf8 said:
I would re sign Joeckel, Mcdougald,Richardson,Shead,Maxwell very cheap probably get cut if Sherman get back in shape. ..,I love ASJ replacing Graham ... and if we got money left Lee
I'd be sorely tempted to keep Maxwell even if Sherman comes right, and I'd be tempted to play a nickel set of Max/Griff/Sherm/Thomas/MacDougald because where the heck can you throw against that?

I wouldn't mind seeing what Sherman could do as almost a third safety, giving him free rein to be a general ball-hawk. He reads trends and anticipates plays. He is also quite good against the run and is a good tackler. Maxwell and Griffin are both good at coverage, but both (mostly Maxwell) allow receptions with 0 YAC since they are there for the tackle but don't get the ball. Having a roving Sherman could change that.

Yeah I'd like to see Max and McDougald back as well. They are good tacklers and their coverage skills are decent. I know many are down on Sherm's injury but to be honest he was still playing good football on a broken wheel. Now I could be wrong but even with a drop off I would think when he is fully recovered he could still play better than he was when he apparently knew his achilles was eventually going to pop.

Don't remember anyone saying, "what's wrong with Sherm, is he hurt or something". No he was having a better year than 2016 than when he get's hurt we start to hear he had already been playing on a bad tendon. Guy is a hall of famer and could eventually be moved to Safety like Charles Woodson and Rod Woodson did. Think he should be a Seahawk for life.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
On my radar:

Gilliam
DJ Fluker
Senio Kelemete
Clinton McDonald
Isaiah Crowell
Terrence West
Alfred Morris

Retain McDougald, Maxwell.

I think Fluker may be on the way to Seattle. Think Robert Gallery: underperforming high pick to plug at guard and scare the shit out of the defense. Bully them. Get Solari a monster for our guy to run behind.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
martevius bryant is young and hungry might have issues but man (if Prich is asking for $7m) woul be cheap too
also one of marquise lee or josh gordon would do

kobebryant

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":2d2ahxfb said:
martevius bryant is young and hungry might have issues but man (if Prich is asking for $7m) woul be cheap too

Martavis has a year left on his deal. He is not a UFA.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
kobebryant":3sfi8djv said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":3sfi8djv said:

Martavis has a year left on his deal. He is not a UFA.
yeah your right heard he wants out of steelers though

Status
Not open for further replies.