Mock 2023 Seahawks Free Agent signings

Chevy

Reaction score
John Schneider likes using his Free Agent cap space on quantity over quality. So here are the players I have him signing before the NFL draft. I'm using PFF's projected contracts for each Free Agent. Also the Seahawks have the Cap space, or can create the Cap space, to sign all these players.

ILB Germaine Pratt 6'2" 250 lbs. (27 years old): Pratt is projected to sign for 3 years at $8.25 million per year.

ILB is a big need for the Seahawks if they want to make a run into the playoffs this year. Brooks is out for a good amount of the 2023 season and this years draft is not good for plug and play rookie ILBs. Pratt has size and athletic ability. He is good in coverage and good against the run. He has good range/speed. He is an ascending player that can possibly be had a low cost per year. He is jersey #57 in the video below.

DE/DT Taven Bryant 6'4" 291 lbs. (27 years old): Projeted to sign for 2 years at $4.25 million per year.

Bryant is a former 1st round pick that still has upside. Bryant is a similar DT athlete like this year's Bryan Bresee. Bryant would be a 3-4 DE for us that can possible give us more of a pass rush from that position. He could very well be a steal in Free Agency for us. He is jersey #99 in the video below.

OC Coleman Shelton 6'4" 299 lbs. (27 years old): Projected to sign for 3 years at $3 million per year.

Shelton has played OG and this past year he played OC when the Rams starting OC went down with a injury. After having a good year he opted out of his contract to hit Free Agency. We need to shore up the OC before the draft, we can still draft a OC and kick Shelton back to RG. He is also a former alum of the University of Washington, so that may help in signing him.

(OLB/DE) Ogbonnia Okoronkwo 6'1" 257 lbs. (28 years old): Projected to sign for 2 years at $5.5 million per year.

Okoronkwo would maybe more of a situational pass rusher if he can't win a starting spot. He is another fairly explosive player, he had a 38 inch vertical jump when he participated at the NFL combine. He would give us the ability to have fresh pass rushers to sub-in and out which is what all teams want. He is jersey #45 in the video below.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

Again there is good depth for Free Agent ILBs. There is also a lot of nice 3-4 pass rushers, and good options at 3-4 DEs. I also like the big slot WR Alan Lazard. But I think WRs are like RBs, you can find them in the first four or five rounds of the draft. Spending a lot of money on three WRs is not my jam, but it is an option.

Allen Lazard slot WR at 6'4" 225 lbs (27 years old) with a 1.58 10-yard split. For some unknown reason the NFL or Youtube won't allow a video on here. But you can click on the link and watch Lazard on Youtube.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

Again there is good depth for Free Agent ILBs. There is also a lot of nice 3-4 pass rushers, and good options at 3-4 DEs. I also like the big slot WR Alan Lazard. But I think WRs are like RBs, you can find them in the first four or five rounds of the draft. Spending a lot of money on three WRs is not my jam, but it is an option.

Allen Lazard slot WR at 6'4" 225 lbs (27 years old) with a 1.58 10-yard split. For some unknown reason the NFL or Youtube won't allow a video on here. But you can click on the link and watch Lazard on Youtube.

There is a possibility that Will Anderson falls to the team at #5 and Jaxon Smith Njiaba falls to #20.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Tremaine Edmonds would be sweet defensively. We have one center on roster be nice if we draft one

Rat

Reaction score
Pratt re-upped with the Bengals for $21 million over three years. A bit under his projection.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Pratt re-upped with the Bengals for $21 million over three years. A bit under his projection.

That's what you call taking a discount. He wouldn't do that with other teams.

Latest posts