Free Agent Targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

massari

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":j2lnl56d said:
massari":j2lnl56d said:
CodeWarrior":j2lnl56d said:
Trey Burton is exactly the type of TE Seattle should avoid.
Why is that?

Finesse type TE. Undersized. Short arms and thin legs have him struggling to anchor as a blocker. Every time I saw him inline in Philly he was easily overwhelmed by ends and even backers.

But he does score TDs, so someone will overpay him.

Though Zach Ertz is the team’s starter, Trey Burton can make an impact in many aspects of the game.

Burton is a talented pass catcher who can line up in the slot or out wide. He’s also a capable blocker and made his start with the Eagles as a special teams player.

Coach Doug Pederson spoke highly of Burton when asked if he would see an expanded role this season.

“Yeah, I think the ceiling’s high. Obviously, we know he’s a four-core special teams guy and he’s very valuable on teams. He’s a guy that we can move around offensively,” Pederson said at his press conference on Tuesday. “Carson was real comfortable with him towards the end of the year filling in for Jordan [Matthews] when Jordan was out.”

Pederson added how he’s noticed Burton has bulked up this offseason.

“I like where he’s at right now. I think he’s gotten bigger. He’s gotten stronger,” Pederson said. “He can hold up on the line of scrimmage when we ask him to block, but we know what he can do in route running and that’s something that we’ll continue to develop.”
http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2017/ ... ll-player/

For the right price, I'd take him.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'd love Trey Burton. Sure he's undersized but I like his versatility and he's far from finesse.

original poster

Reaction score
I heard Schottenheimer is allowed to make any change to the offensive line he wants excluding Duane Brown. That option for Britt due in March just got interesting!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope Joeckel isn’t brought back unless it’s at the vet minimum. Dude is terrible. Let him follow Cable to Oakland. Draft Quentin Nelson or Billy Price and you’d probably get the same impact or greater than what Luke provided. Good riddance.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1xksa1iy said:
Draft Quentin Nelson or Billy Price and you’d probably get the same impact or greater than what Luke provided. Good riddance.

Neither will be available at #18. Probably not even close.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3kspe35h said:
hawkfan68":3kspe35h said:
Draft Quentin Nelson or Billy Price and you’d probably get the same impact or greater than what Luke provided. Good riddance.

Neither will be available at #18. Probably not even close.
I could be wrong but without 2nd and 3rd round picks in the upcoming draft I fully expect the 18th pick to be dealt for more picks, unless an absolute cant miss stud falls to that spot.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
PaVloVa!8":2s0akfpr said:
I would re sign Joeckel, Mcdougald,Richardson,Shead,Maxwell very cheap probably get cut if Sherman get back in shape. ..,I love ASJ replacing Graham ... and if we got money left Lee
I'd be sorely tempted to keep Maxwell even if Sherman comes right, and I'd be tempted to play a nickel set of Max/Griff/Sherm/Thomas/MacDougald because where the heck can you throw against that?

I wouldn't mind seeing what Sherman could do as almost a third safety, giving him free rein to be a general ball-hawk. He reads trends and anticipates plays. He is also quite good against the run and is a good tackler. Maxwell and Griffin are both good at coverage, but both (mostly Maxwell) allow receptions with 0 YAC since they are there for the tackle but don't get the ball. Having a roving Sherman could change that.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
No TEs that can not block please. I'd rather have someone who can block over a fast route runner or who has good hands.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
massari":3cbtp4tx said:
Haven't looked at every free agent, but these ones seemed like good fits:

OL - Andrew Norwell, Josh Kline, Garry Gilliam, Joeckel (for about $2M per), Jonathan Cooper

WR - Terrelle Pryor, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Eric Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler, all might be fairly cheap and worth taking a chance on. Paul Richardson and Marqise Lee are probably a bit pricier.

TE - Trey Burton, Tyler Eifert, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Jimmy Graham (for about $7M per max), Ben Watson, Anthony Fasano, Lee Smith, Darren Fells, Troy Niklas, Ed Dickson, Virgil Green, Luke Willson

RB - Le'Veon Bell, Charles Sims

CB - Jalen Collins, Maxwell, Shead, Vontae Davis all might be cheap

S - Bradley McDougald, Eric Reid, Morgan Burnett, LaMarcus Joyner, Tre Boston, TJ Ward, Tyvon Branch

DL/LEO/SLB - Sheldon Richardson, Kony Ealy, Junior Galette, William Hayes,Tank Carradine, Alex Okafor, Devon Kennard, Barkevious Mingo, Courtney Upshaw, Aldon Smith

Garry Gilliam? Good god, what is wrong with you.

HAVE WE NOT SEEN ENOUGH ALREADY?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Won't we have like 30M+ in cap space if Cliff retires and we cut Lane? More if we move on from Bennett, Sherm, Kam, etc.

I like Andrew Norwell the most because we have a new OL coach and he's a young all-pro caliber player. I think his market is at least 12M APY, so the Hawks probably won't want to pay him that.

Okafor is a great idea OP, let's see how he heals up. He was a great impact role player for the Saints this season and they missed his pass rushing skills after he went down.

I believe Shead's contract tolls so we have him at no extra cost to us next year because he didn't come back til very late in the season. I then heard on the HB podcast there may be a CBA issue on that so IDK. I'd sign Maxwell for the 3 year 8M total deal I saw proposed on Fieldgulls.

Maybe Fasano as a blocking TE? Definitely not Joeckel and let all the other FA walk.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":11uujt7z said:
M18 hero bgV2 xs

With a New OC and our Cap there will be a lot of changes, mostly to free up room for next season, he will need his guys and replace non functioning players that can't perform in his system, most of those may be on the O line. They will have to learn or relearn some power schemes.

This primarily why the change is good. First thing new coaches are going to do when they come in is point out the problems of the previous regime. Then implement what they think will change that under PC and JS's discretion.

We are going to win games next year regardless. Too much talent not to. Do we make that said talent a stone axe or a samurai sword is yet to be seen.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2nteeysl said:
We don't have talent where we need it.. OL, RB

We have invested a lot of resources in O line, they are Power run guys, Cable tried to take Longshoreman
andre-futrell-1024.jpg
and make them into Baryshnikov, 5145EBQ0K5L AC UL320 SR226320 let them be who they are and have crash courses in pass protection. As far as RB, Carson if he comes back all the way should be good, Davis a do everything guy, McKissic is going to thrIve, if Schotty is smart he will use him like Terry Metcalf, a lot of the same skills, Prosise I think may get moved to WR.

original poster

Reaction score
adeltaY":mvksevox said:
I believe Shead's contract tolls so we have him at no extra cost to us next year because he didn't come back til very late in the season. I then heard on the HB podcast there may be a CBA issue on that so IDK.

It's now been confirmed that he will be a FA rather than his contract rolling over, I know it was up for debate, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.