For all the Wilson haters

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I read through all the "anti" Wilson posts and I want to reply with well researched data and well thought intelligent statements. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to gather all those things. Not to mention it seems I would have to do it time and time again depending on how many more games the team loses. What I did find was Rreaunai Lovett.
Why this person is not on .Net is curious. This place would appreciate the info. Please take a minute and read through some of the comments made by Rreaunai.

https://disqus.com/by/rreaunailovett/

My favorite:
"Aaron Rodgers has passed for 77 yards in a game, has had a few 3 INT games and games where he's completed less than 50% of his passes.
That same argument the radio guy is making Rodgers does all the time.
Look at all the playoff games where Rodgers disappears early (like the Seattle game where his defense handed him 5 turnovers and all he got was 1 TD in that title game).
Look at his 2010 NFC title game in Chicago, the 2016 conference title game in Atlanta down 24-0 or the 2012 and 2013 playoff losses to Kaepernick-who outplayed Rodgers all three games they played (SF won all 3).
Andrew Luck made one conference title game, couldn't even complete 40% of his passes or throw for 125 yards and led his team to 7 points with 2 INTs.
Peyton Manning has thrown 6 INTs in a game twice.
Check all the top QBs in the NFL (who have played 5 or more years) and Wilson is the one QB who has:
(1) Never had more than 11 INTs in a year.
(2) Never threw less than 20 TDs in a year.
(3) Never completed less than 61% of his passes.
(4) Never has had a passing rating lower than 92
(5) Never had a TD-INT ratio that was less than a PLUS 10.
Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, Derek Carr, Ben Roethlisberger all have done 1 of those 5 facts I gave in a season."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great post. But let's not let those FACTS that MD posted get in the way of how good Russ really is. Basically, he's not allowed to have bad games, while every great QB who has every played the game has had plenty of bad games. But he's Russ, so it's clearly not ok for him to ever play bad. :roll:

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Man, unbelievable! This guy is the best QB in Seattle's history. The only DARK thing is the constant negative comments from uninformed and illogical thoughts that are posted on this site and likely the reason this site was shut down for a while.

The Seahawks have always been my team of choice and probably a lot of readers as well. Why do we have all these front runner fans that can't bring nothing but doom to this site when the Hawks lose? The Team will get up , dust themselves off and give a 100% effort next week. We as fans need to support this and inject positive thoughts. A lot of football to play yet. We will make the playoffs!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of his strengths is his ability to have a very short memory and keep focusing on the next play or the next game. This type of thing will drive him. As a team, they are above average, but we are seeing that they have some real potential. But for someone to act like other QB's would magically have way more success on this team than Russ is just plain dumb.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":22ellegp said:
Great post. But let's not let those FACTS that MD posted get in the way of how good Russ really is. Basically, he's not allowed to have bad games, while every great QB who has every played the game has had plenty of bad games. But he's Russ, so it's clearly not ok for him to ever play bad. :roll:

Constantly bitching about people bitching about Wilson is also tiresome. Keep that in mind.

mrt144

Reaction score
jachba":y2giksdx said:
Scorpion05":y2giksdx said:
flmmkrz":y2giksdx said:
Scorpion05":y2giksdx said:
Some guy who's taller, plays like Kirk Cousins, and looks a lot like what a Quarterback is supposed to look like with good enough stats for people to make excuses for him

Or a guy like Phillip Rivers. Another tall guy who puts up numbers and needs a ridiculously stacked team around him to make noise for maybe the 2nd time in his 14 year career :D

I'm not going to shit on Russ, it was not a good game but he's a legit 2nd tier qb in this league after Brady and Erin but you are underselling Rivers. He has been legit his entire career. Any wins they had over those lean years were on his arm. He doesn't belong in the same breath as Cousins.

Rivers has not been legit his whole career imo. Even with decent stats he’s made game losing plays and bone headed mistakes. And he’s gotten little to no criticism for it in his 14 year career. Even when the AFC West was a cakewalk division. So no, Rivers was never that good to me. In comparison, Russ has done so much more with little credit from the national media and some of his own fans

Rivers has had to play behind some awful OL's throughout much of his career. A much improved OL this year has made a huge difference in Rivers' play. As far as criticism goes, he's gotten his share of it on our board.

So lemme get this straight - a QB who seems like the platonic ideal many are pining for...is dependent on the rest of his team...to maximize his performance...to win games.

There is a bizarre duality going on here where the standard for RW seems to be much much higher than those considered better and the standard for those considered better is washed away by the rest of the team.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":15lea4cx said:
SoulfishHawk":15lea4cx said:

Constantly bitching about people bitching about Wilson is also tiresome. Keep that in mind.

Wouldn't have to spend so much time defending him if there weren't so many people bitching. I'd be more that happy to post about something else.

How about we all post about Bobby Wagner not being elite because Gordon ran all over us on Sunday? That never seems to be an issue. But Wilson has one of the best statistical games in team history one week and a poor game the next and he goes from MVP candidate to bum. It's enough to get whiplash.

I'm still waiting for the Wilson haters to give me tangible examples of teams that got better by dumping a franchise QB in his prime. They rail against paying the guy but really have no alternative plan or evidence to support their position. The fact that teams have won SB's with JAG's at QB is not evidence to support dumping a franchise QB. It's evidence that occasionally you can get 21 other players to make up for a so-so QB. Majority of teams with crap at QB don't go anywhere.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: Sam Bradford is not too busy...... :sarcasm_off: :sarcasm_off: :irishdrinkers: :stirthepot:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":2c9hgxdb said:
SoulfishHawk":2c9hgxdb said:

Yes, but what about consistently bitching about consistently bitching about consistently bitching?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
bmorepunk":r87osq5x said:
XxxZagnutxxX":r87osq5x said:
SoulfishHawk":r87osq5x said:

Yes, but what about consistently bitching about consistently bitching about consistently bitching?

Like sands thru the hourglass...these are the Days of Our Lives.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Russ has turned into Rocky at the beginning of Rocky 3.

Baseball, Ads and photo shoots, money. Everything but football in the offseason. He went to 2 Super Bowls. He is satisfied.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3jpq96a5 said:

Baseball, Ads and photo shoots, money. Everything but football in the offseason. He went to 2 Super Bowls. He is satisfied.

Maybe you should quarterback the team, if it's so easy.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2r4h7mgg said:

Whatever you say. Good luck proving it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All I saw was a guy who left it all on the field, again. He's one hell of a leader, and clearly has a huge passion for winning. He refuses to give in, and homer or not, I love the way he fights.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Is it true that Russell is one of only 3 QB’s to score at least 20 td’s each season over their first 7 seasons? I saw the Meme on Facebook that said Marino, Manning, and Wilson are the only 3 to do it?

erik2690

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":n08a5thc said:

You aren't allowed to re-write history to suite your needs. He was doing commercial spots and shoots literally before winning the job as a rookie. Filmed the Entourage movie after like his second or third year. And he trains and brings in teammates to train with him like every offseason. This is such BS, no one has said he doesn't work hard now at all and yet you invent 'having a life' like every other player as the reason we aren't winning at a great rate. It's so silly and without evidence.

chris98251

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1gyt3alm said:

He has done that since the beginning, he has to be forced to go to bed from my understanding as well or he would get less then 4 hours of sleep a night.

He just goes and goes, I will say that as you age you will not bounce back as fast from pushing yourself and injuries, he may have to curtail some stuff to off season and plan more around football to keep his level of play high.