For all the Wilson haters

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It just really looks like Carson is the catalyst to this offense and if he's not in there Seattle's chances of scoring drop like a stone.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2bgy3sbb said:
It's a QB's league and Wilson isn't playing well enough it's that simple . At some point you have to blow it up and start over maybe now's the time before the FO waste 100 million dollars on a QB that isn't playing well enough to make the playoffs anymore. At this point I have no confidence in Wilson's ability to win a big game against a good team. Were going to find out if these last few games were more about the level of competition and less about how good Wilson was playing.

That's the big question facing the organization (though not as big as the state of the team's future regarding ownership)

Is Russ worth the next big payday at the expense of everything else? We won a Superbowl on the backs of a HOF defense and running game with Russ acting as an offensive manager and not necessarily an elite QB type. He had speed, athleticism, and an accurate arm, but wasn't called upon to carry the team and as a result the team flourished/dominated.

That's his comfort zone. He's a 'manager' and I use that term as a positive not a negative.

My fear is paying Russ the really big dollars means we don't see another Super Bowl with him here. A great team doesn't require a great QB - just a solid/competent one aka Wilson in 2012.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I also want to remind others that I warned of Wilson's longer term ability to play in the league. He's clearly slower now. That will only get worse. Thank goodness his O-Line protection is much improved but those few seasons of him getting hammered every game likely took at least a couple seasons off his career and quite possibly more.

mikeak

Reaction score
semiahmoo":263bck61 said:
Not his best game but it wasn't the O-Line's best either.

GO HAWKS!

Really? Did you miss the 5 minutes he had to throw on multiple occasions? Every QB in the league will face pressure

In this game RW didn't throw it away properly, step up in the pocket and missed several throws (locket and brown come to mind)

Still an elite, franchise QB - just not a good game

The biggest issue the OL had was the TWO freaking after the play penalties

mikeak

Reaction score
Scorpion05":7ul6d4v9 said:
flmmkrz":7ul6d4v9 said:
Scorpion05":7ul6d4v9 said:
Some guy who's taller, plays like Kirk Cousins, and looks a lot like what a Quarterback is supposed to look like with good enough stats for people to make excuses for him

Or a guy like Phillip Rivers. Another tall guy who puts up numbers and needs a ridiculously stacked team around him to make noise for maybe the 2nd time in his 14 year career :D

I'm not going to shit on Russ, it was not a good game but he's a legit 2nd tier qb in this league after Brady and Erin but you are underselling Rivers. He has been legit his entire career. Any wins they had over those lean years were on his arm. He doesn't belong in the same breath as Cousins.

Rivers has not been legit his whole career imo. Even with decent stats he’s made game losing plays and bone headed mistakes. And he’s gotten little to no criticism for it in his 14 year career. Even when the AFC West was a cakewalk division. So no, Rivers was never that good to me. In comparison, Russ has done so much more with little credit from the national media and some of his own fans

If you actually watch SD you also know that they suffered major injuries so many years, few legit targets besides Gates and Rivers has done it with a bad team surrounding him. That leads to gunslinger football at times which leads to interceptions

All the analysts that actually watch the game agrees that Rivers is absolutely elite and has been for a very long time

And yes as an NC State grad I am partial but I am also subject to having watched both Rivers and Russell for their whole college careers and a LOT in the NFL

jachba

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2iwdodca said:
flmmkrz":2iwdodca said:
Scorpion05":2iwdodca said:
Some guy who's taller, plays like Kirk Cousins, and looks a lot like what a Quarterback is supposed to look like with good enough stats for people to make excuses for him

Or a guy like Phillip Rivers. Another tall guy who puts up numbers and needs a ridiculously stacked team around him to make noise for maybe the 2nd time in his 14 year career :D

I'm not going to shit on Russ, it was not a good game but he's a legit 2nd tier qb in this league after Brady and Erin but you are underselling Rivers. He has been legit his entire career. Any wins they had over those lean years were on his arm. He doesn't belong in the same breath as Cousins.

Rivers has not been legit his whole career imo. Even with decent stats he’s made game losing plays and bone headed mistakes. And he’s gotten little to no criticism for it in his 14 year career. Even when the AFC West was a cakewalk division. So no, Rivers was never that good to me. In comparison, Russ has done so much more with little credit from the national media and some of his own fans

Rivers has had to play behind some awful OL's throughout much of his career. A much improved OL this year has made a huge difference in Rivers' play. As far as criticism goes, he's gotten his share of it on our board.

zetes

Reaction score
LTH":18scjzrt said:
Just curious... who ya going to replace him with?

This I got to hear!

LTH

I think if you can get a legit offer of picks (two very high 1st rounds and two second round picks) then you have to consider it. But not because he's "not a top tier QB" - but because with the current team philosophy of "run the ball and play defense" THEN they will need a deep talented team with a young "cheap" QB (although "young" seems optional though more likely if he is "cheap") to have the best chances to win the Super Bowl. I don't think RW is going to WIN us a Super Bowl the way Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers could and I'm not sure you will be able to stack the team with enough talent and still pay him the money that he will certainly get (30M+ per year). Hell, TB12 even structured his contract to help the team if I remember correctly. I'm not hating on RW either because I think he can be a reason you make it to the Super Bowl but I don't think he going to win it in the way a TB12 can win it for you. Of course, I don't think we will get those draft picks but if a team like Cleveland or the Giants offered us those picks then I would consider it.

Z.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
To Mikeak & Jachba

Again, this only highlights my point. Which is that human bias is one hell of a thing. Phillip Rivers looks the part, he's a scouter's dream. And this allows many of you to overlook, or excuse Rivers while overly criticizing a guy like Russ who hardly looks the part of what many consider to be an NFL QB

Rivers has thrown at least 18 interceptions 3 times in his career. He's thrown at least 15 interceptions 5 times in his career. In his TWELVE year career as a starter he's only made the playoffs FIVE TIMES. Five times???? In the AFC West???

If Russell Wilson had those numbers, I can think of at least 5 .NET members off the top of my head who would question his intelligence, his ability to be a real QB. The National media/Fans would barely consider him top 10. Russ has a few bad games here and there and some are the first to pile on. Not to mention, many in the national media still believe he's overrated and/or not quite a "Great passer." The Sports Illustrated article (Andy Benoit), Pete Prisco, among others come to mind.

But Rivers? 11 Tds to 9 Ints in the playoffs(Before 2013 it was 8 Tds to 9 Ints). Which is quite frankly, weak. Again, Russ would be hammered on here and laughed at around the league if he had those numbers. In 2016, the Chargers were 3-4 and by week 8, had a solid chance to make the playoffs. Rivers threw 17 more interceptions to finish the year. Doesn't also include his 5 lost fumbles.

Russ has had amongst the worst O-lines in the league in the last few years statistically and still produced. Yet there are still people nitpicking him at every turn, suggesting he's not that great. But Rivers (and Luck for that matter) consistently escape national criticism because they look the part of a QB that most fans and pundits would want. It's bias imo, nothing more. The facts do not explain it

Uncle Si

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1x37ghjw said:
Northwest Seahawk":1x37ghjw said:
It's a QB's league and Wilson isn't playing well enough it's that simple . At some point you have to blow it up and start over maybe now's the time before the FO waste 100 million dollars on a QB that isn't playing well enough to make the playoffs anymore. At this point I have no confidence in Wilson's ability to win a big game against a good team. Were going to find out if these last few games were more about the level of competition and less about how good Wilson was playing.

That's the big question facing the organization (though not as big as the state of the team's future regarding ownership)

Is Russ worth the next big payday at the expense of everything else? We won a Superbowl on the backs of a HOF defense and running game with Russ acting as an offensive manager and not necessarily an elite QB type. He had speed, athleticism, and an accurate arm, but wasn't called upon to carry the team and as a result the team flourished/dominated.

That's his comfort zone. He's a 'manager' and I use that term as a positive not a negative.

My fear is paying Russ the really big dollars means we don't see another Super Bowl with him here. A great team doesn't require a great QB - just a solid/competent one aka Wilson in 2012.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I also want to remind others that I warned of Wilson's longer term ability to play in the league. He's clearly slower now. That will only get worse. Thank goodness his O-Line protection is much improved but those few seasons of him getting hammered every game likely took at least a couple seasons off his career and quite possibly more.

So this is the dichotomy of Russel Wilson.

His biggest team successes have come with a strong running game and defense. He didnt win it on their backs, but certainly had less to do. he's put MVP numbers from 2015-17 without that same running game and defense, and yet the team has suffered.

So which is it?

Because he's shown he's far better than above average, and certainly more than a game manager. But... when asked to do that, the team doesn't win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. If the Hawks win, it's only because the other team sucks or because he had a running game or the D saved him.
If they Lose, it's only his fault. Got it

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":cyh8euvs said:
Yep. If the Hawks win, it's only because the other team sucks or because he had a running game or the D saved him.
If they Lose, it's only his fault. Got it

LMAO!!!! :lol:

xray

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the G.O.A.T. ....

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":pexgmsu4 said:
I love all the haters that come out after a sub par performance by Russ as if everything amazing he has done before the bad game is negated.

One word for you:

Simpleton.
Simpleton - - - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!, Perfect, absolutely PERFECT

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3884zrk8 said:
"It'[s that simple" hmm, really? simple?, simple---------------ton
Now I can see where AROS is coming from, and where he came up with the term "SIMPLETON"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2s0br6jm said:
It just really looks like Carson is the catalyst to this offense and if he's not in there Seattle's chances of scoring drop like a stone.
LAST YEAR!!, With a SHIT Offensive Line, dog dung Offensive Line Coaching, PISS-POOR Run / pass Blocking, LOUSY game planning from Bevell, A DAMNED JOKE of a Kicking Game by Walsh, Wilson still pulled off 9 wins.
9 Wins WITHOUT Carson, THAT'S-->NINE<--.
Sure would be nice to see another couple guys (besides Russell Wilson & an injured Doug Baldwin) STEP THE HELL UP.
Never HAS BEEN, & NEVER WILL BE A SUCCESSFUL QUARTERBACK IN THE LEAGUE THAT CAN DO IT ALL--BY--THEMSELVES.....EVER!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jachba":eded3brh said:
Scorpion05":eded3brh said:
flmmkrz":eded3brh said:
Scorpion05":eded3brh said:

Rivers has had to play behind some awful OL's throughout much of his career. A much improved OL this year has made a huge difference in Rivers' play. As far as criticism goes, he's gotten his share of it on our board.
AND, he's made his fair share of mistakes over the last 14 years too....They ALL do.

evergreen

Reaction score
Well let’s hop second half Russell is better. He’s had a couple of stinkers already. Seems like some elite play could have won this game or the Denver game. But we haven’t beaten anyone good yet so we’ll have to wait. My eyes say he’s not as good as he used to be. Man I wish he’d take off running like the old days.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i still think schotty should let russell call the plays in the huddle, and at the line of scrimmage.

RCATES

Reaction score
LTH":1a1zbcsz said:
Just curious... who ya going to replace him with?

This I got to hear!

LTH

So this is the current state of our fan base. We’re not allowed to be critical of our veteran (7 year) 100 million dollar Qb’s regression because we don’t have a viable backup? :177692: