To all the guys that don't like Carroll

cymatica

Reaction score
They didn't stop the run, they didn't pressure the QB. The offense was scared of its own shadow for most of the game.

What it takes for them to win a game the last 6 years is, incredible QB play in the 4th qtr, and the other team doing stupid s%*t, for Pete Carroll to win.

If both teams play their best, Pete is going to lose, due to inept scheming.

Thankfully, Jalen Hurts puked all over himself in the 4th qtr. And opened the door for Lock and the Seahawks to steal the game in the 4th qtr. I enjoyed the moment. Then post-nut clarity settled in.

What some need to ask, is this win worth losing out on your QB of the future? (1 game vs. the next 15 years.)

Is it worth continued regression on defense? Continuing to flush assets on defense every off-season?

They've been chasing their tails for a long time.

You know it's true when threads like these are made.
Wait I'm confused. 1 win in 5 games didn't change your opinion of him?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My favorite part is the "Hawks won...but" crowd.
EVERY time they win a game, people come out of the woodwork saying the Hawks got lucky, the other team sucked, blah blah blah.

Here's to hoping they get "lucky" the next 3 games. 🍻

Fade

Reaction score
EVERY time they win a game, people come out of the woodwork saying the Hawks got lucky, the other team sucked, blah blah blah.

Here's to hoping they get "lucky" the next 3 games. 🍻
Nothing lucky about it. It's football.

And this win isn't going to change Pete. He's going to keep underachieving, and rolling with crony coordinators. 🍾

GemCity

Reaction score
They didn't stop the run, they didn't pressure the QB. The offense was scared of its own shadow for most of the game.

What it takes for them to win a game the last 6 years is, incredible QB play in the 4th qtr, and the other team doing stupid s%*t, for Pete Carroll to win.

If both teams play their best, Pete is going to lose, due to inept scheming.

Thankfully, Jalen Hurts puked all over himself in the 4th qtr. And opened the door for Lock and the Seahawks to steal the game in the 4th qtr. I enjoyed the moment. Then post-nut clarity settled in.

What some need to ask, is this win worth losing out on your QB of the future? (1 game vs. the next 15 years.)

Is it worth continued regression on defense? Continuing to flush assets on defense every off-season?

They've been chasing their tails for a long time.

You know it's true when threads like these are made.
Always play to win. I agree with much of what you’re saying..,except losing for better draft positioning. That rarely works out.

Always go for the win. Non-competitiveness is a disease and has a much larger impact in the long run.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Wins = Mediocrity.

I'll always enjoy our boys winning a game, especially like what we saw on monday night, but it's sacrificing the long term health of an organization for the short term endorphin rush of a single win. Carroll is a good/great coach and deserves to be in the ROH. But, in my opinion, he's not the coach to get us back to being a championship caliber team and it's all due to his philosophy. Wins like we just saw will do just enough to keep ownership from letting Pete go, which means we'll get him running it back in 2024 with maybe a new yes-man OC and a day 1 or 2 QB to compete with Lock and maybe a restructured Geno. Whoever ends up starting at QB will have to learn a new offense, plus the perrenial slow start by the Clint Hurt defense and we'll be climbing out of a hole through October and schedule depending will have to fight for a wildcard spot down the stretch.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I know some fans are good with just getting to the playoffs, even if we get smoked once we're there, but I'm not. We need a hard reset at coaching and quarterback and we've needed it for years. Hate to say it but a fun win in December just prolongs our mediocrity.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I don't hate Carroll. He has given us success that we've never had before. I even tried to be nicer this season regarding my comments. I've failed .

He could win me back to a degree if he were to put his money where his mouth is regarding the guys he puts on the field. More specifically Jamal Adams.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Always play to win. I agree with much of what you’re saying..,except losing for better draft positioning. That rarely works out.

Always go for the win. Non-competitiveness is a disease and has a much larger impact in the long run.

Really? because the Niners had only 2-6 wins in the four years between 2015-2018,and they weren't competing AT ALL. Those years got them Bosa and a lot of the other dudes rebuilding from the ground up that has resulted in 3 trips to the NFCCG and 1 SB trip in the last 4 years, oh and they are the team to beat this year hands down even with that 3 game slide mid-season. I'd say that impact was pretty positive in the long run. Your defined long run of non-competitiveness may be a season or two of a current roster quitting, but the true long run expands beyond 1-2 seasons.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
OP basically saying you aren’t a Seahawk fan and don’t love the team if you don’t love PC. Nice divisive position. I love the Seahawks. I no longer like PC as the Head Coach and think the team would be better in the long run if he left. I will always enjoy a Seahawks victory.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Wanting a new HC for the Seahawks does not mean we hate PC. The dude is very well spoken, extremely intelligent, has stories and accolades for days. I would LOVE to have dinner with the dude and just listen to him speak. I am grateful for the many years of wonderful football he has brought this city. Going to SB 48 and watching us win will forever be a highlight of my life. That being said I also acknowledge that PC and his time as a SB winning coach in the NFL is over. I would rather see him step away realizing it's time, than get booted out.

If I had it my way, get mathematically eliminated from the playoffs signaling the chnage, but win your final couple games to go out on a high note.

cymatica

Reaction score
Again, wanting your team to lose is f'ing stupid. Geezus, I can't even believe some of the sh** I read on here.
Paging Herm Edwards.........
Where has a decade of slightly above average seasons with early playoff exits gotten this team? When's the last time Pete has coached a dominant win against a good playoff team and how often has it happened in 10 years?

cymatica

Reaction score
So you want them to miss playoffs. That was one hell of a good post until the end :)
So you want them to have another early playoff exit? Based on Pete's playoff performances, what logic are you using to think anything has actually changed?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I want my team to win, every damn game they play. And hell yes, bring on the playoffs. What happened in the past has NOTHING to do with this year. Still gotta' lace em up. Nothing is a guarantee. If you want to assume they will lose, great. I'm not assuming sh**

GemCity

Reaction score
Really? because the Niners had only 2-6 wins in the four years between 2015-2018,and they weren't competing AT ALL. Those years got them Bosa and a lot of the other dudes rebuilding from the ground up that has resulted in 3 trips to the NFCCG and 1 SB trip in the last 4 years, oh and they are the team to beat this year hands down even with that 3 game slide mid-season. I'd say that impact was pretty positive in the long run. Your defined long run of non-competitiveness may be a season or two of a current roster quitting, but the true long run expands beyond 1-2 seasons.
I understand your point. I really do. I suppose it matters as to what one may find to be of the upmost importance.

Obviously, a Super Bowl win is the goal. But, San Francisco also suffered a horrible few years and perhaps got lucky in the draft, whereas some teams don’t fare nearly as well.

I am a bit on the fence to be honest. I always want us to win and be competitive. Pete Carroll has been one of the winningest coaches of the last decade. But, obviously, that doesn’t top a Super Bowl.

I’m not quite sure that the odds are in favor of losing games for positioning and making it to the Super Bowl.

When the playoffs hit, everyone has the same record. What if San Francisco doesn’t win the big one? Would you still say those years that they absolutely sucked were worth the pain and suffering?

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
SF last won a SB in 1995. I’m not saying it couldn’t happen this year, but, if this is the model… I’ll pass.