To all the guys that don't like Carroll

LTH

Reaction score
Are you going to enjoy this big win with us? You can still feel the way you do about Carroll but as a Seahawk fan let's celebrate the big win together? Let's give credit where credit is due the players were fantastic.

LTH

GemCity

Reaction score
Definitely enjoying the win! Yet, I do think it’s time for a change next year.

There have been several questionable coaching decisions….even in this last game.

I still think on paper, we should have a way better record than we do.

If I were the owner, the second loss to the Rams would’ve likely pushed me over the edge.

With that said, I absolutely have the utmost respect for PC. He’s a Seattle legend and has brought my family and I so many great memories.

Whenever his time comes, I’m sure folks will have a lot of different emotions. I will too.

I’d love for him to go out with a SB win!

ccla

Reaction score
And BTW I do like Carroll, just not as a Hawks coach.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Carrol, think he’s a very good coach currently and still feel like it’s time for a chance in Seattle. All those things can be true and it doesn’t mean I hate Carroll or don’t want to win. I think it’s a weird premise if I’m being honest.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Pete has done so much for this team. He's a great coach. But it's time.

Big win yesterday. However, the chances of this team getting back to another Super Bowl with the current regime is very small.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is a difference between 'not liking' Carroll and wanting more than a .500 team.

I don't think many people could meet Carroll and not like him. (The only person I can think of who was not a big fan of Carroll that KNEW him is Lynch. And those personality types were never going to mesh. Everyone else seems to love him)

This is the kind of win you give up when you get rid of Carroll though. You get one of these per year, almost like clockwork. He wins these spotlight games that are dripping with emotion. MNF or SNF especially if in Seattle.

I am firmly convinced that Carroll is maybe the only coach in the NFL who could somehow deliver a winning team with QBs like Geno or Drew. But Im not sure most other teams would have tried to run out those QBs for more than a year or two either.

Jac

Reaction score
Carroll is awesome. He built/coached one of the best, most iconic teams in league history. It's just time for fresh eyes IMO. The desire for change didn't stop me from watching ESPN/NFL Network all day yesterday for the first time in a long while relishing that win.

olyfan63

Reaction score
One of Carroll's greatest strengths, loyalty to his crew, is also his biggest liability, when it's loyalty to underperforming coordinators, especially DCs. Looks like we're in that same place with Clint Hurtt, absent some miraculous turnaround. Maybe subtracting Jamal, softRiq, and adding Leonard Williams makes a difference going forward? Hurtt had to try to work with guys Pete told him to play. (I do hope to see beastRiq back in the lineup when he's transformed and ready)

I love Pete Carroll, our best coach ever. This season, on top of similar recent seasons, and especially his inability to EVER stop McVay's offense, DOES make me question whether the game has passed him by. If Pete attracted better DCs, stopped doing stupid "shiny object" trades, and built top-10 defenses again, the team could be a serious playoff threat again. Not holding my breath... Though the better drafting strategy of the last two years has been promising.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's def. time to move on. But in the off season. Let them finish their work here and see what happens.
I have zero confidence that Jody will move on from Pete in 2024. Zero.
You can absolutely appreciate what Pete has done, all while wanting them to move on from him.
Doesn't make you a "hater" or whatever, it shows you want more.

Fade

Reaction score
They didn't stop the run, they didn't pressure the QB. The offense was scared of its own shadow for most of the game.

What it takes for them to win a game the last 6 years is, incredible QB play in the 4th qtr, and the other team doing stupid s%*t, for Pete Carroll to win.

If both teams play their best, Pete is going to lose, due to inept scheming.

Thankfully, Jalen Hurts puked all over himself in the 4th qtr. And opened the door for Lock and the Seahawks to steal the game in the 4th qtr. I enjoyed the moment. Then post-nut clarity settled in.

What some need to ask, is this win worth losing out on your QB of the future? (1 game vs. the next 15 years.)

Is it worth continued regression on defense? Continuing to flush assets on defense every off-season?

They've been chasing their tails for a long time.

You know it's true when threads like these are made.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Are you going to enjoy this big win with us? You can still feel the way you do about Carroll but as a Seahawk fan let's celebrate the big win together? Let's give credit where credit is due the players were fantastic.

LTH
Of course, I enjoyed the win. I enjoy every Seahawks win. Did you expect some other reaction?

It was nice to win one that we should have lost than lose one we should have won, ie Rams and Cowboys. But a "big" win? I guess it depends on your definition of 'big'. It was a mild upset as we were just 3.5 point underdogs and it didn't result in a playoff berth or anything. I'd call it a solid win.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I love Carrol, think he’s a very good coach currently and still feel like it’s time for a chance in Seattle. All those things can be true and it doesn’t mean I hate Carroll or don’t want to win. I think it’s a weird premise if I’m being honest.
I hope they gotta chance too...just gotta get in! Anything can happen!

😄