First look at the REAL most beautiful super bowl patch ever!

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Living in Colo - I took a shot with the Broncos Pro Shop at the stadium, thinking that they would want to give them away - ha ha. Appears to be the same deal as what others on here have said in that they have a "rubberized" Chromaflex SB patch, but it is not the same one with the ridges et all that was on the authentic players jersey. Also called the company that made them, since they are local here as well. No luck.

I've not ordered a jersey in some time, so the most authentic I could have would (please verify):

Nike Elite from Seahawks Pro Shop w/ the Super Bowl patch? I'd simply like "12" with "Fan" on the back.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
After reading these threads and watching the game again, I realized those patches are all over everything. The end zone pylons, those cheap orange vests the guys on the sideline wear, everything. As best I can tell from the images I saw they are the same as the ones on the players jerseys (ridges, NFL logo, etc). Maybe the best way is to find one of these items for sale.

-bsd

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
SeahawksEast, i do not believe there is any elite jersey's with any SB patch. only game ones with the different patch on the opposite side...

i think anything with the patch on the correct side is not the correct patch, i am not even sure it is the correct rubberized Chromaflex SB patch if this is the case.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The ChromaFlex replica patch (rubberized backing) is the closest thing available on the market. The authentic patches the players wore are simply not available anywhere. That much I'm certain.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":2emxuvkz said:
SeahawksEast, i do not believe there is any elite jersey's with any SB patch. only game ones with the different patch on the opposite side...

i think anything with the patch on the correct side is not the correct patch, i am not even sure it is the correct rubberized Chromaflex SB patch if this is the case.

So if I shell out the $300+ for the customized Elite, where would I acquire the rubberized "authentic" (non player version) to have sewn on to the left side of the body (when wearing)?

From the masses, I am going to pick up a "12" jersey now, then see how free agency shakes out this year with a player specific one before the season. My last authentic jersey was Lofa - I'm behind the times!

The million dollar question is handling the name:

1) 12 - Fan
2) 12 - Man
3) 12 - My last name

Opinions?

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Aros":29gzs3nm said:
The ChromaFlex replica patch (rubberized backing) is the closest thing available on the market. The authentic patches the players wore are simply not available anywhere. That much I'm certain.

i am amazed that you can not even find last years either. there is a post upthread on some from last year. i really wonder where they came from. as another notes, i have seen them on pilons and other stuff.

not sure what to do...surprised that some aliexpress vendor has not duplicated them although i read a few of the companies patents and it does sound like the process to make them is very complicated.

[big sigh...]

so is it safe to assume any jerskey with a patch on the correct side is replica patch?

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":1r7gafwg said:
YYZHawksFan":1r7gafwg said:

So if I shell out the $300+ for the customized Elite, where would I acquire the rubberized "authentic" (non player version) to have sewn on to the left side of the body (when wearing)?

From the masses, I am going to pick up a "12" jersey now, then see how free agency shakes out this year with a player specific one before the season. My last authentic jersey was Lofa - I'm behind the times!

1) 12 - Fan
2) 12 - Man
3) 12 - My last name

Opinions?

that is what we are all trying to do...

i plan to get either an elite wilson white jersey or a custom white largent....[but honestly, the lack of patch is making me hold off on buying anything and i am still miffed about no more sweatless product...puts back credit card and closes wallet...]

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
This is just silly though. To get the closest to the real thing I'd have to buy the Game jersey, yank the patch off of that, then have the closest facsimile of a patch sewn on to an elite - which is the closest to an Elite 51?

*sigh*

pmedic920

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":1mvncm6s said:
YYZHawksFan":1mvncm6s said:

1) 12 - Fan
2) 12 - Man
3) 12 - My last name

Opinions?

If you go with the elite 12Fan, you will avoid the extra cost of a custom. And you will get a slightly better jersey overall.

The customs are nice but they are slightly different when it comes to the stitching of the numbers and name.
The customs are on the same exact blank.

I can not say for sure but many have said that the color of the numbers is slightly different on the customs as well.
That being said, I ordered an elite custom, right after the SB, I have not received it yet but I'm confident that it will be very nice and worth the $.

Many of us are hunting the "patch" if you find them, please post up.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
I am hopeful that with all the Broncos fans here wanting to forget it ever happened, someone will have come across one and attempt to get rid of it.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i was trying to see if the fanatics site at the elite white wilson but they do not. would like to put in a big order to help out the site...versus buying from No Fun League dot come

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":v6lgcf2o said:
i am amazed that you can not even find last years either. there is a post upthread on some from last year. i really wonder where they came from. as another notes, i have seen them on pilons and other stuff. not sure what to do...surprised that some aliexpress vendor has not duplicated them although i read a few of the companies patents and it does sound like the process to make them is very complicated. [big sigh...] so is it safe to assume any jerskey with a patch on the correct side is replica patch?

That is correct. the authentic game-worn patches are not being made available to the public. It is likely an exclusive arrangement between FiberLok, inc (the manufacturer of the real patch) and the NFL. If anyone wants to contact them their site is: http://fiberlok.com/.

My guess is they have the patent on the material and obviously the NFL has the trademark/copyright on the design. We are SOL unless we can find game worn jerseys from SBXLVIII for sale.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I freaking love how this thread is almost 6 pages for a patch. Love it!

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I have an idea, but won't say it until it's in my hands. If I get one, you'll be the first to know.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Aros":30j6ds2h said:
That is correct. the authentic game-worn patches are not being made available to the public. It is likely an exclusive arrangement between FiberLok, inc (the manufacturer of the real patch) and the NFL. If anyone wants to contact them their site is: http://fiberlok.com/.

My guess is they have the patent on the material and obviously the NFL has the trademark/copyright on the design. We are SOL unless we can find game worn jerseys from SBXLVIII for sale.

I called them this morning and they were quite polite, but stated exactly what you said above. Exclusive arrangement, cannot sell, have none for sale anyway, etc.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3fytnal9 said:
I have an idea, but won't say it until it's in my hands. If I get one, you'll be the first to know.

thanks. please PM us to keep us in the loop...

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":3lcisyzk said:
I called them this morning and they were quite polite, but stated exactly what you said above. Exclusive arrangement, cannot sell, have none for sale anyway, etc.

probably too late to do some dumpster diving... ;-)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
The first batch of patched jerseys came out with the patch on the right side of the uniform. I picked one up the Wednesday before the Super Bowl and the new ones that had been processed had the patch on the left side, so it looks as though it was only the first batch of jerseys that were done incorrectly.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe all the jerseys that have the replica patch on the right breast were the first run jerseys and took a guess at where they would be placed. Then when Media Day came out, it was evident the patch would be on the left breast. So all the right breast patches are "oops" jerseys. Some fans may not even care. I am definitely not to be counted in that group.

Latest posts