First look at the REAL most beautiful super bowl patch ever!

Exittium

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":y3v624my said:
Exittium":y3v624my said:
Aros":y3v624my said:
Hawk Strap said his friend's sister who works for Nike told him we are out of luck. Those were special items only and are not available to the public. Looks like the best we can hope for is the version pmedic has on his jersey, which at least is the best replica I've seen.

Still not giving up though...

Yeah Agreed, although I'm still baffled to as of why Nike hasn't done an elite version with the proper patches yet. People WILL buy them, I know I'd be doing a lot of jersey buying. Instead of getting regular season jerseys of players I admire and like. I'd be getting "SB Elite Versions". Really poor choice by Nike tbh. Hell I'm still waiting for them to have in-stock the Nike Sweatless Team jacket, not the plain black SB version.

Nike doesn't make the Chromalok patches so unless you buy a jersey with the patch on it and remove it, Nike will not be the place to obtain just the patches.
The sweatless jackets won't be restocked.

I'm aware of both, but Nike being the large cooperate conglomerate it is, could easily pay/make a contract with the company who does the patches and probably sell "Elite SB Edition" jerseys for prob 300-350$ and people would still buy it. Just like their Sweatless Jackets, people ESPECIALLY US HERE would but those jackets, even if we could get the players numbers we want custom on them. Or just a 12 version.

Overall I'm confused on why companies would in essence walk away from a chance to make a lot of money. Hawk fans would bend them over to keep places restocked.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":39qevx20 said:
Aros":39qevx20 said:
I believe he said his wife got it from Fanatics...Keep in mind it's on the wrong side of the jersey...
Must be oos since I don't see it. Unless I'm terrible at looking...

I'm not seeing it on the away whites but they are showing on the homes...

Aspxi2fproductImages2f 16520002fff 1652089 xl

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Aros":15ln35w9 said:
I believe he said his wife got it from Fanatics...Keep in mind it's on the wrong side of the jersey...

this from the other thread:

They do have them on the super bowl jerseys at the pro shop, but they are a bit different than the player's editions. (I have seen the pro shop's in person)

BE CAREFUL when buying a SB jersey at the pro shops as there are two different SB patches being used. One is the "real" version with less detail, and the other is a screen printed very bad version. Easy to tell them apart when looking at both side by side, but if someone runs in and grabs one without a good look you'll be disappointed.

pmedic920

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":r92nyw0h said:
Aros":r92nyw0h said:
Hawk Strap said his friend's sister who works for Nike told him we are out of luck. Those were special items only and are not available to the public. Looks like the best we can hope for is the version pmedic has on his jersey, which at least is the best replica I've seen.

Still not giving up though...

Where did pmedic get that patch?

My wife ordered me the jersey w/o my knowledge. The patch came on the jersey.
I'd be happy at this point to have a couple of them, they are official. They just are not the same as the game worn, player patch.
The problem is, they are not available to purchase separately either. At least in this point in time.
I wish we could find a source for the discarded Denver shirts. I'd be happy to cut the patch off one of them. :)

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
I don't hold out much hope given how 47 patches look equally bad as current knock offs. I just don't get why they don't want to sell them.

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
I am actually considering if I should try lasercutting a patch in plexiglass (acryllic?) is that the right word in english?. I mean, I am already scetching on how to lasercut pieces and build my own lombardi trophy.

From what I can tell, Chromaflex is essentially a glorified word for... high precision printed plastic. I did get the exact dimensions of the patch from the woman at fiberlok (just need to translate them from your insane system to milimeters... ;) ) The image in the op is very good, since it shows the details and is not taken from a weird angle. It would probably be pretty easy to rasterize/ vectorcut the exact pattern in the exact size.

The only thing tricky would be to select a material (plexiglass would perhaps be to stiff?... aleast it woiuld have to be reeeally thin.) and then the hardest part would be to paint it, since it is mainly chrome (easy with a good spraycan) but has some black contours that would be incredibly tricky to mask and almost impossible to get nice with a pencil

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I use Testor's Chrome on all my RC warbirds and it would work perfectly for that chrome effect...Man if we can just get the mold and material, I think we could make it happen. As long as we're not selling them and just using them to put on our custom authentic/replica jerseys I don't see how the NFL would have a problem with it.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Looks like the same company made them for Super Bowl 47. I wonder if ravens fans went through the same thing we are. Perhaps we check their board. Perhaps they had an answer.

12thMan

Reaction score
Gotta love your persistence with 'The Super Bowl XLVIII Patch'!
Hard to fathom, this day and age, that the patch would not be available to the 12's.
GO HAWKS!!!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
12thMan":fn2rroig said:
Gotta love your persistence with 'The Super Bowl XLVIII Patch'!
Hard to fathom, this day and age, that the patch would not be available to the 12's.
GO HAWKS!!!
It seems intentional. That is what seems to be most annoying about it.

Looks like ravens fans had the same problems.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's probably to be exclusive meant for the players only to commemorate the importance of the game. I understand that, but at the same time you would think that kind of item would be available to the fans, even if at a limited run.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":3hffsmqh said:
Looks like the same company made them for Super Bowl 47. I wonder if ravens fans went through the same thing we are. Perhaps we check their board. Perhaps they had an answer.

Yes fiberlok has been making sports patches for quite a while now.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well I thought I struck gold.

Syvave5u

Found this on amazon. But, when you read the description, again it says, the same "embroidered"patch the players wore on the field.
Crap.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
That's the same amazon merchant I ordered two from knowing they'll probably be returned.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I have been looking for Limited Jerseys with the Superbowl logo on them but it seems that most of the Jerseys that have the logo on them are just the game jerseys which seem kind of cheap to get.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The saddest part in all of this is between the official Broncos game-worn jerseys that will collect dust, locked away somewhere, and the extra patches that were no doubt made in the original production run, there's a whole slew of these suckers that we dedicated 12's will never get our hands on. :(

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Just as the "diamond industry" has a stranglehold on the market, so the "real patches" will be extremely rare.....at least initially.

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Seriously, it is kind of ridiculous to try to keep these "exclusive commemorative ebay items" its not like they are hand made of silver.. they are a massproduced little plastic thingy and 10 bucs for one would be kind of a robbery (but we all would pay it...)

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
yup.

even aliexpress sellers can not produce something even close...[although now i perhaps understand that many fans don't care about the real goods and are perhaps content with cheap replicas...]

i would think that there is more than enough high resolution images out there that they should know the crap they are selling is not even close.

this is the "closest" i have seen...and it's not that good. fabric but at least the person is putting in the effort to get the details on the stadium roof etc.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Sup ... 2.html?s=p

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So my white Sherman jersey with the SB logo on it that I bought at the NFL Shop in Macys in NYC during SB weekend has the SB patch on the left chest, yet in some pictures I see it on the right chest.

Also funny thing to note, I went to the Dick's Sporting Goods at the Landing in Renton last week just to check out the Super Bowl Gear. They had Super Bowl jerseys...BUT half of them were that rubber vinyl patch (which we've determined to be authentic), yet another half of them looked like those cheap iron on patches. Actually didn't just look, were indeed cheap iron on patches. I was very surprised to see this because I didn't think Dicks sporting goods was allowed to sell stuff like that.

Latest posts