First look at the REAL most beautiful super bowl patch ever!

White Knight

Reaction score
In reading through some jersey forums last night it appears the No Fun League stopped selling authentic patches to tge general public several Superb Owls ago. Rather annoyed in hearing that. Seems you have to "know a guy" to get your talons on a real one. Not sure what the reasoning is behind that.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Yea I kind of thought that. Bummer.
I also emailed the manufacturer of the patches and this is the response I received: (my question first and the answer second)

"I had a quick question: Does the merchandise made for public purchase have the same patch as the players wear? From the pictures I have seen the Super Bowl player's patches look to have ridges on the patch. Not sure if that is the case when viewing them in person."

"You are correct, the on-field jerseys worn by the players are slightly different than the jerseys available for retail but made of the same materials. There are ridges in the patch just not exactly as the on-field jerseys have. Thank you again for your interest in our products, if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me."

*sigh*

lsheldon

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":2k77sxqr said:
that is a great picture but when our guys are wearing them, it looks like the tip of the trophy is just a bit up in the seahawks colored band across the shoulder.

628x471.jpg

940-6Y2SK.AuSt.55.jpeg

GO HAWKS!

The Jerseys those guys are wearing in the pictures you've posted aren't game jerseys. As I stated, the picture I posted was tweeted by Paul Allen of the patch being sewn on Game Jerseys.

Notice how the sleeves in game jerseys are shorter and have elastic sewn into the sleeves to keep the sleeve close to the body to prevent the sleeve from being grabbed. Also note the position of the patch on the game jersey....

temp_KL39558--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
lsheldon":2mtnhv7s said:
daveCFPrez":2mtnhv7s said:
that is a great picture but when our guys are wearing them, it looks like the tip of the trophy is just a bit up in the seahawks colored band across the shoulder.

628x471.jpg

940-6Y2SK.AuSt.55.jpeg

GO HAWKS!

The Jerseys those guys are wearing in the pictures you've posted aren't game jerseys. As I stated, the picture I posted was tweeted by Paul Allen of the patch being sewn on Game Jerseys.

Exactly, this definitely adds to confusion though. If niners/ ravens could have the real ones for media sessions, our guys should too. I am really annoyed by the fact that they are not selling EXACT game jerseys (that are made for shoulder pads and have puffy sleeves). Anyone who has played football know that even without shoulder pads (when you run out for warmups etc) football gamejerseys look totally badass. I understand that the limited jersey needs to cater to the overweight fans who want to pull it over a hoodie, but i assume most people who buy elite jerseys are looking for what the players on the field wear. Oour uniform design is not even made for long floppy sleeves, and the elite jerseys have like 1 dm of nothing on each arm.

Getting a top quality jersey (elite since i can't afford game worns from ebay..) in the color we wore in the super bowl with the super bowl patch on it is one of the things I always wanted to do the day we won one. I hope we can keep this thread alive an help each other out in creating as good Super bowl 48 jerseys as possible.

I also sent a message to fiberlok, got a very corporate response "blabla try NFL.com fvor super bowl gear".....

lsheldon

Reaction score
On a side note, this seller on Ebay is selling patches and has used the exact same picture in his auction thread that the OP posted in this thread. I've emailed him asking if he is actually selling the patch pictured (same patch players wore in the game), or if what he is selling is a different (knockoff) patch. I will post if / when he responds. (The auction description states it is embroidered so am assuming it is a knockoff and he decided to use the real patch picture to attract buyers).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0765167046

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Also, on the real jerseys the patch fits to the side between the numbers and the "shoulder wings". On those media jerseys/ the retail ones with the patch on the wrong side (seriously how do they even put the patch on the wrong damn side gaaah i should be in charge of these things!! :D or the guy who runs uni-watch.com.. ) the patch looks stupidly big and is located almost in the middle of the jersey and intruding a bit on the "shoulder wing".

My concern here is that the Elite jerseys look like they have less space between "shoulder wings" and numbers (probably in order to fit better on a person not wearing shoulder pads) which means that the "dumb ed down" cheaper patch on the media/ retail jerseys might actually be the same size as the real one, only that the JERSEY is to small to accurately fit the patch.

Now THAT would be a serious problem, since finding a real patch appears hard, but getting a game worn white Chancellor or Wilson Jersey .... yeah ... ;)

The tiny hope might be this though:

bilde

I know that is last years logo, but the point is that the patch seems to have been made in several diferent sizes. I fear that the closest i will reasonably get is to somehow get one of those cheaper chromaflex patches in a smaller size, that will look the right size in proportion to the Elite jersey.

Again, do they think we dont care at all about this stuff? Some of the differences between on field and whats available cant even be cost related. Im almost suspecting some kind of "ebay" conspiracy, since as of know puffy sleeves are basically enough to proove a jersey is game worn..

Riley12

Reaction score
I can't wait to find out more about this - yes, I am that obsessed about getting as close to the authentic as possible.

The amazon patches that I have browsed through look like garbage compared to the real deal.

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
^^ Riley, i noticed in another thread that you are quite the jersey connoisseur ;) I feel like you will be one of my brothers in arms on this quest!

Riley12

Reaction score
True! I don't buy many jerseys so when I do, I want to get very, very close. Any patches and such have to be equally good.

When I find a patch that is worthy, I will post here, for sure.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":lx2e3ftx said:
My concern here is that the Elite jerseys look like they have less space between "shoulder wings" and numbers (probably in order to fit better on a person not wearing shoulder pads) which means that the "dumb ed down" cheaper patch on the media/ retail jerseys might actually be the same size as the real one, only that the JERSEY is to small to accurately fit the patch.

I would say they are the same patch but I have noticed that even though Elite jerseys are essentially the player worn ones eg: materials used, sewing techniques whatever but the actual cut is a lot different in the shoulder with or without those elasticated sleeves.

The distance from the NFL badge to the stripes on the shoulder is greater on a player worn jersey as to make room for the pads as you said where the Elite is for everyday wear. Don't own one but would guess you couldn't get pads under an Elite? I would assume the Seahawks media jerseys would be Elites with the patch on.

I wanted to get a captains patch which is where I noticed the spacing. They push the badges further into the centre to not cover the 'Seahawks' name on the shoulder.

Article 2550814 1B29656700000578 285 306x459
Arusswilsonsaid

Seanhawk

Reaction score
lsheldon":igpef5ct said:
On a side note, this seller on Ebay is selling patches and has used the exact same picture in his auction thread that the OP posted in this thread. I've emailed him asking if he is actually selling the patch pictured (same patch players wore in the game), or if what he is selling is a different (knockoff) patch. I will post if / when he responds. (The auction description states it is embroidered so am assuming it is a knockoff and he decided to use the real patch picture to attract buyers).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0765167046

I saw these and ordered one. For $8 I figured what the hell. I'll let you know what I get, but based on the description it doesn't look like it will ship until 2/25.

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
AHA more info! :D The response from fiberlok:

"I am not able to tell which jerseys have the Chromaflex badges on the Seahawks gear due to the decreased pixelation of the images. The image on this link looks like it is Chromaflex, but without being able to get a better picture I am not 100% sure http://www.shopseahawksjerseysnfl.com/S ... Jersey-178 . (funny that she links to a knockoff site ;D) The dimensions however of both the onfield and retail patches are the same 3.375” x 3.75” for the jerseys. Thank you again for your interest in our products, if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me."

Riley12

Reaction score
Great!

I decided to get one of the patches from the ebay seller that uses the NFL's photo (the one posted here). I'll either be very happy
or very pissed off. Either way, I will post my reaction here. It looks like a shipping date in March, however. Maybe they need that much time
to carefully pull them off of the Broncos jerseys.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
If it helps any. My game used Maragos is a size 38 skill cut. He's #42. The Turbin gamer I have is a L-BK cut and size 42 and he us of course #22. The distance between the 2's and the blue stripe containing "Seahawks" is 4" on maragos and 4.25" on the Turbin. So the larger the jersey the more space for the patch?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Here is the 22 game used with a eBay cloth $5 patch I bought sitting on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 10,486

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Monitoring all patch threads veeeeery closely. :snack:

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Good call on the media day non elastic sleeves, I didn't notice that!

Maybe we can get both SB patch threads merged?

pmedic920

Reaction score
253hawk":2jrmpv9j said:
From my friend's facebook (he works in an apparel store)

545983_10151850976246394_760836586_n.jpg

This is the same as the patch on my grey#12. It seems they are using a very similar but different patch on the "sale to public" jerseys. The easiest way to spot the difference is (no NFL logo on the trophy).
Both patches are made of a plastic/ rubber material call chromaflex, or something close to that.

Edit: sorry I posted without reading everything. I basically restated what others already had said.