First look at the REAL most beautiful super bowl patch ever!

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
the patch on the hat *IS* the one though. Smaller in size I know, but great job thinking out of the box.

I'm sure we'll keep looking.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":1jtu1rx0 said:
PERHAPS if some of you who have the patched fan jerseys and way to much money on your hands can check how they are attached? If they are glued or whatever forget it, but if they are sticked it would be great if someone could try to remove the patch and see what the jersey looks like after that. If it does not leave a mark, one option would be to buy a jersey in the wrong color with a patch, remove tha patch and use that jersey without a patch, and then sew the patch onto your white elite jersey.

Trust me, I've considered it. Wife would kick my A$$. :)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good job on the hat find, it does appear to be the same material and mold, but much smaller unfortunately. This is madness. You would think the NFL would be smart enough to sell the authentic whites with authentic patch! For Heaven's Sakes.

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
^^ I know... I even considered buying a 40$ hat and cut in it when I thought the patch was only slightly smaller... imagine how they could milk money from us if they just gave us the real damn patch

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Waiting online to get into the game there was a guy in front of me with an elite jersey with the patch on it. He told me he put it on himself (I'm assuming it wasn't the authentic patch), even though i wanted to, I couldnt tell him he put the patch on the wrong side.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
FYI..the one on the hat is not to small to put on a kids jersey for those with wives who are tiny enough to fit kids jerseys.. ;-)

damit, i just hit submit on my order.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Just got back from the C.Link proshop. Hats were there and those patches are spot on but way too small and they have jerseys with the ChromaLok public version and an all embroidered version. A coworker was with me and wants a patch for his jersey so I took him over and showed him the differences. Mark down one more 12th fan looking for just a patch.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
maybe you can ask the company how many sizes they made and what else they put them on. we know those hats for sure. also, the pilons etc. and all sorts of stuff on the sidelines.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":60fmrwp0 said:
Just got back from the C.Link proshop. Hats were there and those patches are spot on but way too small and they have jerseys with the ChromaLok public version and an all embroidered version. A coworker was with me and wants a patch for his jersey so I took him over and showed him the differences. Mark down one more 12th fan looking for just a patch.

at least the ...cough....Counterfeiters...er suppliers filling a gap have a speciman to follow... ;-) no excuses now...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
daveCFPrez":qprepwdo said:

Two questions...Are they offering these versions and on the left - not right - breast? If so, I can live with that.

Attachments

• e3uzyzuz.jpg
    e3uzyzuz.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,049

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
I saw jerseys with patches on either side, but I didn't pay attention enough to notice which patches were on what side. (come to think of it those could have been the women's cut)

I *did* notice that the correct ChromaLok patches do look like they are heat transferred. I couldn't see or feel any stitching which would make it even harder to remove.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
The first seahawks jerseys to hit the market were on the right side and then they fixed the next productions of jersys and put it on the left. I believe all the broncos jersey were on the left Side

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros, problem is not only that it's on the wrong side, the placement is way to close to the middle to. Only way to get it somewhat right is IMO to get a single digit number jersey and put the patch slightly below the top of the number to the side.. or get any number and lazercut your own patch slightly smaller. I mean the whole point of this thread is to get as close to the things our heroes wore as possible.. ;)

YYZHawksFan":1azohn6r said:
maybe you can ask the company how many sizes they made and what else they put them on. we know those hats for sure. also, the pilons etc. and all sorts of stuff on the sidelines.

If you go to page 2 there is a picture of the Super Bowl 47 patches in different sizes, they were the first chroma flex patches and made by the same company, so not to far fetched that they were made in the same manner.

It's interesting the difference in "jersey culture" in the US compared to europe / rest of the world. In the US it seems like almost every sports fan knows a good jersey should have stitched numbers and not screen printed etc (to the point where i actually think Nike won't even experiment with another way of doing the numbers in the near future since it would be so unpopular among the elite jersey buyers). Over here on the other hand, not even pretty serious soccer fans seem to understand that much about uniforms, and alot (most) soccer uniforms are also terrible quality and look like shit with ads and shit, (seriously can america just become sports uniform dictator of the world and I would be happy? ;) )

With this in mind, they should understand the demand for this kind of stuff from NFL fans, even though soccer fans would probably be more "whatever"

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i thought it could not hurt so fired this off to the FB account...i am sure it will not make any difference but what the heck...

Dear Mr. Paul Allen.

I hope there is some assistance that you can provide following your review of this letter.

There are many of us fans that would like to have a jersey made as close as possible to the actual game worn jerseys during the Super Bowl by our beloved Seahawks.

In that regard, many of us have purchased new white Nike Elite jerseys, however, without an official patch, we are somewhat unable to complete this task. You may recall that you “tweeted” a picture of the patches being sewn onto the team jersey’s. They were magnificent, that is, both the jerseys and the patches.

We have been unable to locate the official patches sewn on the game worn jerseys. The manufacture was unable to provide additional information. From what we can gather, they may have been on a variety of products on the side lines in addition to the jerseys.

One product, namely the “New Era Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII On-Field Side Patch 59FIFTY Fitted Performance Hat - College Navy” has a smaller version of the Chromaflex patch made by Fiberlok (811 Stockton Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80522), however, it is too small and I would not want to ruin a beautiful hawks hat merely to get the patch.

I was hoping you might be able to assist?

If not, thanks for reading.

Mark

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
^^ Paul Allen? won't that mail get lost in like 200 "please pay for my kids education" letters?

Exittium

Reaction score
Aros":1st7mekg said:
daveCFPrez":1st7mekg said:

Two questions...Are they offering these versions and on the left - not right - breast? If so, I can live with that.

I'm so tempted to just get a jersey like that, take the patch off IF doable without ruining the jersey and place it on a White Elite, then use the jersey I removed the patch from for like everyday use so I won't get sad if it gets ruined or whatever.

main

Reaction score
Exittium":2dhaztr6 said:
Aros":2dhaztr6 said:
daveCFPrez":2dhaztr6 said:

I'm so tempted to just get a jersey like that, take the patch off IF doable without ruining the jersey and place it on a White Elite, then use the jersey I removed the patch from for like everyday use so I won't get sad if it gets ruined or whatever.
Yup. I thought about this. But like someone else said: My wife would probably kill me. My wife is pretty easy going with me and my sports stuff, but doing this, I can see her getting on me.. lol. But yes, I've thought about it. Haha.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My favorite find on eBay today. Love the shit-tastic SB patch on the right breast and Captain patch on the left breast with 3 stars. Good God, some people don't even try.

Latest posts