FAO 49ers fans

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Niners have nothing to be ashamed of (well other than a large number of their fans)

Carolina is a stingy Bitch and can present problems to any team. I will gladly take the 2 game cushion, but still consider the digits the biggest threat to Seahawk success. They still have a very good team and for all the heat Papaki is taking he is still a good QB.

But screw them.. this was a Seahawk week. As they usually are. :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":1q2q00zd said:
They have been dominating and we haven't. The tables turned this week.

Absolutely. I don't really care about the level of competition as every team plays differently every week and you can use it to impugn anyone with a lot of wins. The big difference is that the Hawks have been winning all of those close games that they reasonably could have lost, whereas the 9ers just lost a close game that they could have won, and Seattle is winning way too much for them to have had the room to do that.

I think it will take a bad implosion of below average performance for you guys to lose the division, and I think you guys have ALREADY HAD your implosion poor performance that happens to every team in every season, and you kept on winning through it.

I predicted the 9ers to go 3-2 or 2-3 through this stretch of five (for more), and I still think that's right. They'll end up in the 10-6/11-5 range, and you guys will end up in the 13-3/14-2 range.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1mbnavji said:
Popeye coming in to speak for all the shook Niner fans that we both know are lurking is funny.

theENGLISHseahawk":1mbnavji said:
It always happens.

You have a fan base full of lurkers.

Lurking in the darkness, crying into a rainbow coloured scarf.

:lol:

So after a full month of getting all giddy and making threads every week about all the 9ers fans that are going to come to .net and who never arrive, you come to the conclusion that they must be here, but are just lurking. LOL at trying to preserve the narrative and justify the weekly threads for 9ers fans that never arrive. It's kinda smart in that unlike all the other predictions of 9er influx, this one can't actually be disproven, so you guys never have to question if you might be wrong.

I want to believe! ;)

Seriously though, until the 9ers and Hawks actually play each other again, I think you'll probably just have to pacify yourselves with sneaking over to the webzone and coming back here to cut-and-paste dumb posts. When the teams actually I play I'm sure the lowest hanging fruit from each board will be out in force on the other one.

Also, theENGLISHseahawk, just to say it, the "rainbow colored scarf" thing is bigoted and unecessary. I think we can all make fun of each other's teams without resorting to homophobic nonsense. Just my take.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RichNhansom":t3rtm3tr said:
well your 2 cents is not worth 2 cents. Nobody on either forum is looking for validation. Only an ignoramous believes that (sorry did I expose you?) but it is fun to revel in the missory of the enemies ignorance and you sir are only making it sweeter.

I am sorry you don't understand what is going on here or maybe your vajayjay is to bent out of shape to embrace it but your comments are all the validation any Seahawks fan could ever hope for. Thank you so very much for volinteering your servitude.

Now be on your way and keep that tail tucked tightly between your legs so you don't leave a trail of slime behind you.

Thanks for playing.

HAHAHAHAHAH love this stuff.

Gotcha. I'm an ignoramus with a vagina and a tail tucked between my legs, and I'm also leave a trail of slime everywhere I go.
Duly noted, man. Nothing really substantive to respond to here, so receipt acknowledged I guess? LOL @ thinking things this sophomoric and petty would get under my skin, or would make me look bad.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":eww3h16f said:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 2h
Kaepernick Stat - #49ers QB has gone over 200 yards passing in only 2 of 9 games this season. Today: 11/22 for 91. http://ow.ly/qG6L4

WOW.

Yeah. The 9ers are incredibly one-dimensional on offense. It's a combination of a few things, IMO:

*The 9ers are last in pass yards, but also last in pass attempts by a much wider margin. They're 7th in the league in yards per attempt, they just really don't ever throw the ball at all (e.g. the Hawks, who are second to last in attempts, have 47 more attempted passes).

*The WR situation has just been awful. They basically have had a decent #2 receiver in his mid-30s, and nobody else at that position who is even worth a ham sandwich. 9ers fans deluded themselves into thinking Manningham is anything more than a decent #3 (and maybe less than that coming off injury and not having played for a year) because they were so desperate, but it has always been foolish.

*With only one old but decent #2 receiver, the pass offense just dies on the vine without Vernon Davis in there. When he went out against the Panthers most intelligent 9ers fans knew that the game had most likely just ended. (They also run a ton of 3 TE sets, and Celek had gone out earlier; they were down to 1 TE in a 3 TE offense, and a lot of the playbook had to be scrapped -- why they stopped running).

*The 9ers pass offense is designed to clear out space for a primary read, and when that is covered (and it increasingly is as people have diagnosed what the 9ers are doing), it doesn't leave a lot of options. This is a scheming thing, and it is a major problem.

*Kaepernick hasn't progressed. Most importantly, he's still bad in the pocket, and doesn't have that seemingly natural feel for the pocket that all the great QBs have.

*The O-Line has never been great at pass blocking, which gets overlooked when people talk about the OLine.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Popeyejones":i6qzbd03 said:
Smelly McUgly":i6qzbd03 said:
Popeye coming in to speak for all the shook Niner fans that we both know are lurking is funny.

We know they lurk because they used to post here, but then stopped suddenly. Heck, I even see mentions of us lunatics sometimes on other boards when people present posts to us (I typically don't read the boards of other fans).

You can calm down, bud. It's no big thing to guess that people who post here (or posted here in the past) still probably lurk here. We're not making some unprovable claim about the nature of the universe. :lol:

Geologic

Reaction score
While it's great that we're in a better position to win the division, let's show some class guys.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Popeyejones":10erjdui said:
Also, theENGLISHseahawk, just to say it, the "rainbow colored scarf" thing is bigoted and unecessary. I think we can all make fun of each other's teams without resorting to homophobic nonsense. Just my take.

Don't agree with Niner fans about many things, but I have to say that I do here, well said. Also Popeye, has anyone said the obligatory yet lame 'better give Kaep some spinach there Popeye hur durr durr' joke to you yet? Horrendous, but had to be done.

The Radish

Reaction score
I would like to respond to this comment,,,,,

So after a full month of getting all giddy and making threads every week about all the 9ers fans that are going to come to .net and who never arrive, you come to the conclusion that they must be here, but are just lurking. LOL at trying to preserve the narrative and justify the weekly threads for 9ers fans that never arrive. It's kinda smart in that unlike all the other predictions of 9er influx, this one can't actually be disproven, so you guys never have to question if you might be wrong.

Since I am the guy that approves most new member applications I can tell you that there have been exactly 2,that's two, new applications that are from ninnir fans. One of those appearded to be to a website so am waiting for an explanation.

So they are pretty few and far between.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeye, since you've only been here for three months, I don't think you realize how many douchenozzle 49ers fans we've had show up after either we lose a game or you guys win a game in the past year-and-a-half. Most of those guys got themselves banned fairly quickly, and the mods are probably refusing most 49ers membership requests to join this forum because of what has happened there, but trust me when I say that English was only expecting what we've been having happen for a while. Pretty much since Harbaugh showed up in the Bay area.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Geologic":204p1ngh said:
While it's great that we're in a better position to win the division, let's show some class guys.

Honestly, as long as we're not getting into fights outside the stadium, talking smack is going to happen and is perfectly fine. Someone's dog dies? Show some class. Someone's favorite football team loses? Talk smack.

Since I am the guy that approves most new member applications I can tell you that there have been exactly 2,that's two, new applications that are from ninnir fans. One of those appearded to be to a website so am waiting for an explanation.

So they are pretty few and far between

Yes, but you don't need to apply for posting privileges to lurk here. Goodness knows that I lurked for long enough without applying. :lol:

canfan

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1gclal27 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1gclal27 said:
The most satisfying thing about today is the knowledge that our 49er friends will visit the forum.

:)

You know you guys say this every week and it never happens, right?

You've got multiple threads on this forum that are just cut-and-pasted upsetness from the webzone. Why would anyone need to come here to see what they've already seen there?

The Hawks had a convincing win today and the 9ers lost a game that they were expected to win. 9ers fans are blaming their team for losing, not blaming the refs, or the teams' injuries or any of the other whiny nonsense that you regularly see after losses (or even close wins with some fan bases...). What are you expecting? Of course you guys are gloating and excited (and you have every right to be excited), but if you need 9ers fans to come here to validate it for you, like last week, the week before, and the week before that, I think you're hoping for something that isn't going to happen. ;)

Just my .02

So you are here why?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2aw1wemy said:
AbsolutNET":2aw1wemy said:
Kaepernick Stat - #49ers QB has gone over 200 yards passing in only 2 of 9 games this season. Today: 11/22 for 91. http://ow.ly/qG6L4

WOW.
*Kaepernick hasn't progressed. Most importantly, he's still bad in the pocket, and doesn't have that seemingly natural feel for the pocket that all the great QBs have.

*The O-Line has never been great at pass blocking, which gets overlooked when people talk about the OLine.

To say that Kaepernick is bad in the pocket is equivalent to saying that he's not a QB because he's pretty terrible at throwing on the run (particularly to his left), outside of the pocket.

Have you come to the conclusion that he's just a bad QB with speed?

With regard to your o-line, seriously? Kaepernick has had more time to throw than most quarterbacks in the league with the protection he's gotten. I'd kill to see RW standing back there w/ all that time Kaep's had.

Popeye... c'mon, man!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":30zqx9mp said:

So they are pretty few and far between

Yes, but you don't need to apply for posting privileges to lurk here. Goodness knows that I lurked for long enough without applying.
:lol:

Have to agree with smelly here. If you read the webzone you see references to conversations on .net continuously. I'm sure they aren't all excited to join the fun right now but from my experience they read our boards just like I read theirs. To be fair though, Niners tears are very delicious.

Lately though I am actually starting to feel a little sorry for them. Their world is starting to come crashing down in a blaze of reality that they really are nowhere near as good as they thought they would be and their future is not looking so bright with the way Papaki is developing. Many posters in their game day thread talking about drafting a QB next year while others are saying it is time to revamp the entire offense.

Frank Gore is pretty much their entire offense and he limped off the field last game and will be 31 when next season roll's around. How long should they expect him to continue?

All Done Smith has to worry a few about his future or potential lack there of.

Cowboy will be 35 this off season.

Will Boldin stick around if Papaki can't get him the ball?

Reid is already starting to look like an injury waiting to happen.

They really needed to make their noise this year because the future isn't looking so bright and Harbaughs credibility has taken a pretty good shot with the decision to move on from Alex.

I fully expect them to come storming back in the offseason like they always do but the bragging rights are getting deminshed pretty rapidly. Hopefully we can continue to improve our play and get some luck in the health department moving forward. Winning it all this year would be doubly sweet.

hawk45

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2nm4j6h7 said:
AbsolutNET":2nm4j6h7 said:

WOW.

Yeah. The 9ers are incredibly one-dimensional on offense. It's a combination of a few things, IMO:

*The 9ers are last in pass yards, but also last in pass attempts by a much wider margin. They're 7th in the league in yards per attempt, they just really don't ever throw the ball at all (e.g. the Hawks, who are second to last in attempts, have 47 more attempted passes).

*The WR situation has just been awful. They basically have had a decent #2 receiver in his mid-30s, and nobody else at that position who is even worth a ham sandwich. 9ers fans deluded themselves into thinking Manningham is anything more than a decent #3 (and maybe less than that coming off injury and not having played for a year) because they were so desperate, but it has always been foolish.

*With only one old but decent #2 receiver, the pass offense just dies on the vine without Vernon Davis in there. When he went out against the Panthers most intelligent 9ers fans knew that the game had most likely just ended. (They also run a ton of 3 TE sets, and Celek had gone out earlier; they were down to 1 TE in a 3 TE offense, and a lot of the playbook had to be scrapped -- why they stopped running).

*The 9ers pass offense is designed to clear out space for a primary read, and when that is covered (and it increasingly is as people have diagnosed what the 9ers are doing), it doesn't leave a lot of options. This is a scheming thing, and it is a major problem.

*Not surprising the Niners are last in pass attempts. They tried to play Seattle and the Colts like they played the GB secondary and got spanked, realized their identity is still a run-first team, further realized they have few WR options, and made the obvious adjustment. Not much else they could do really unless Tom Brady becomes available in FA (a guy who can throw to seemingly anyone).

*Yeah to me, the decimated WR corps in SF is similar to the decimated OL in Sea. Can't write the epitaph for the QB or the offense until that unit gets a bit healthier. And kiss it goodbye if VD isn't out there. Having said that, there should be some measure of success when VD and Manningham are both on the field. By some measure of success I mean be able to make a play or two when it really counts to win a ball game.

*The scheme-for-one-read thing I'm not sure I buy. On the webzone there's a thread about this, and this McGibblets is the only fan in the thread who does what seems to be a DVR review, and he finds only 2 plays in the entire game designed for 1 receiving option. 1 play is a screen pass, 1 play is a drag route. If they are scheming for one read the only reason I can see for doing it would be to makeup for Kaepernick shortcomings anyhow, because limiting your offense that way would be fatal even if you have backups at WR.

*Kaepernick didn't look great in the pocket yesterday for sure. I think Carolina is going to do that to a lot of QBs. I definitely agree he hasn't progressed to the point where he can overcome shortcomings at the WR position. We'll have to see what he looks like when Crabtree returns. He's not been good in or out of the pocket that I can tell.

*I don't get the chance to watch all the Niners games, but my impressions from head-to-head matchups are that we'd kill for the time that Kaepernick has to throw, even before our OL got injured.

amill87

Reaction score
I don't think our O-line injuries vs the Crabtree injury (lets be honest, that's the only WR that they are missing that matters) is the same.

Wilson can function and excel with the back up o-line. Kaepernick cannot function without Crabtree. He becomes even worse without Davis.

Niner fans have got to be freaking out. They have to either pay Kaep or start over. And as of right now, I don't know if anyone can say Kaep is ever gonna lead them to a championship. They had their best shot last year, the league was unprepared for Kaep. But the league has adjusted and Kaep has yet to show he can adjust back.

hawk45

Reaction score
I dunno, both units (our OL and Niners WRs) are decimated. They're getting healthy soon so we're going to find out what a difference it all makes. I will say that while a (struggling) Rice was out there we had complaints about Russell being less decisive, not finding open guys or looking for Rice, etc. With Kearse in there that seems to be less of a problem, I think because now he has 3 guys healthy enough and good enough to fight for 50/50 balls, so he's much quicker to fire it out there. Heck it seems to me now when Russ sees single coverage on Tate or Kearse it's almost an automatic launch. It's a small 2 game sample size, but some of this could be because he's not wasting one of his reads on Rice who was really struggling for separation and unable to fight back for balls when there wasn't any.

I do agree RW is handling the decimation of the OL better than Kaepernick is handling his lack of targets, however different the 2 issues may be. And Russell has shown the ability to struggle the entire game but not lose poise in the final moments.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
f16f1736a222e20dcba3731b5bb92fb2_large

Reaction score
This has turned into a really interesting 'state of the Niners' discussion, so I have a question (and it's probably not an original one, but anyway):

Given the exact same state of the Niners this season, but with Alex at QB instead of CK...would the results be different?