Fade was right

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I like a lot of fades stuff he is a realist
NOPE, Tired as hell of all his negative bullshit...He's like that F'n broken watch, he's right about 1 60'th time of the day.
By the way Sperry, I STILL have Family up there and I myself worked at the mill there as a Union Millwright in Port Angeles...Absolutely LOVE it there.....Spent several of my youth years living in Port Townsend, Port Ludlow, Port Hadlock, (Dad called it ''Hardluck" LOLOL) Irondale....Attended Chimacum school as a youngster.

Xxx

Reaction score
NOPE, Tired as hell of all his negative bullshit...He's like that F'n broken watch, he's right about 1 60'th time of the day.
By the way Sperry, I STILL have Family up there and I myself worked at the mill there as a Union Millwright in Port Angeles...Absolutely LOVE it there.....Spent several of my youth years living in Port Townsend, Port Ludlow, Port Hadlock, (Dad called it ''Hardluck" LOLOL) Irondale....Attended Chimacum school as a youngster.
Cool! I went to sequim high school class of 98’

Xxx

Reaction score
Ya know I consider myself an optimistic realist so I’ve had my share of negativity with this team lately and it’s a little foreign for me cause I usually have insane faith in Pete. I am really down on geno and I have always been. His good times never convinced me.

renofox

Reaction score
Same Shit, Different Day>>>>'Hate Pete Carroll Wagon' >>ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grab your crying towel as you enter.
I don't hate PC and the people calling for him to be gone generally don't hate him either.

Why are you gaslighting? Is that your only response to criticism of PC. You and PC are constantly gaslighting the heck on all topics.

Did you learn it from him?

Wait a minute... You're PC! Right?!?!?

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I think most posters here are Fade-Adjacent. His takes are always definitely his, like them or not. He's been beating the same drum for awhile, and I hope he keeps it up. I don't even agree with him on anything, but people deserve the right to have a voice.

Now, let's get back to the in-fighting until a santa clara fan pops in here running some jive, and we can gang up on em like animals.
Royal Rumble Wrestling GIF by WWE

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
in the very early Pete years, few knew the college landscape better than he. He caught lightning in a bottle with 3, the LOB and the best score of them all...24. A bunch of guys that few others wanted. But those guys had huge chips and played with attitude. Pete gave them the keys to the asylum and others wanted in on that style of sandlot / reckless abandon. But as soon as they made bank, they got bored with Pete's antics. A great college coach but Pete can't coach vets. It's time we stopped blaming his staff. He hired them and they answer to him. Thanks for the good times, Pete. Aloha.

Show me a Super Bowl winning coach who didn’t have good luck along the way.

I would love it if we found the next Sean McVay. But we are more likely to find the next Brandon Staley.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I like this thread. For once i'm not in the hot seat.

renofox

Reaction score
Show me a Super Bowl winning coach who didn’t have good luck along the way.

I would love it if we found the next Sean McVay. But we are more likely to find the next Brandon Staley.
You're right - there is no guarantee that the new HC will be good. If he turns out to be a Mora you fire him after 1 year (which they did and got Carroll). If he's an Erickson you fire him after a few years (which they did and got Holmgren.

I just think being so afraid of having one or a few bad seasons is a really bad reason to not move on from years of mediocrity.

Years ago, Fade and others were saying PC would never again accomplish anything of note with the Seahawks. He was right, but he was vilified because the vast majority wanted the risk-averse approach.

If they moved on, the Seahawks may have sucked for the past years. But at least they would have tried other coaches and maybe had a chance to make deep playoff runs.

Mediocrity sucks. SB OR BUST!

Xxx

Reaction score
You're right - there is no guarantee that the new HC will be good. If he turns out to be a Mora you fire him after 1 year (which they did and got Carroll). If he's an Erickson you fire him after a few years (which they did and got Holmgren.

I just think being so afraid of having one or a few bad seasons is a really bad reason to not move on from years of mediocrity.

Years ago, Fade and others were saying PC would never again accomplish anything of note with the Seahawks. He was right, but he was vilified because the vast majority wanted the risk-averse approach.

If they moved on, the Seahawks may have sucked for the past years. But at least they would have tried other coaches and maybe had a chance to make deep playoff runs.

I like what you said about being afraid. When we traded Russ, for me, it was a mixed emotion of like fear of how bad it was going to be without a quarterback and excitement of how fun it was going to be to watch them get a new quarterback and develop him into the next era. Everything changes eventually.

Now we are at apparent crossroads with Pete, at least in the realm of the fanatic like me and I feel like I learned from that Russell experience so I’m ok with Pete or without Pete because no matter what there’s gotta be change and either way I can’t wait to watch it all unfold…

I guess this really is entertainment

LickMyNuts

Reaction score

It’s not a fear it’s just the reality of the NFL.

All I’m really saying is you better have a guy or two you really like if you’re going to fire PC.

To fire PC and then search for a coach would be problematic.

And to say PC would not take us to another SB is a pretty easy bet to make. Most coaches don’t make it back.

Hell most coaches never make it to one let alone multiple SB opportunities over a decade.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
I like what you said about being afraid. When we traded Russ, for me, it was a mixed emotion of like fear of how bad it was going to be without a quarterback and excitement of how fun it was going to be to watch them get a new quarterback and develop him into the next era. Everything changes eventually.

Now we are at apparent crossroads with Pete, at least in the realm of the fanatic like me and I feel like I learned from that Russell experience so I’m ok with Pete or without Pete because no matter what there’s gotta be change and either way I can’t wait to watch it all unfold…

Football is entertainment. When your team becomes mediocre and stale, it becomes less entertaining. I love the excitement Pete brought and it was a fun ride for awhile. He brought success and a winning culture.

In 2010/2011, they were churning through players and I think they had a record for number of player aquisitions and releases in that span. He was determined to build his team and was ruthless, just look at Lendale White and Taylor Maze(Maze was pissed when Pete didn't draft him and White was pissed when he didn't meet Pete's standards). He assembled a roster of homegrown talent and misfits that had grit and a completely unique team first mentality for the salary cap era. I remember in 2011 when we destroyed the Eagles dream team on MNF with a smash mouth team. Back then you could really tell they were building something special. Each year from 2010 to 2013 was a step in the right direction.

After 48, he slowly lost the edge and the players could feel it. He hung on to aging vets and signed overpriced contracts to non blue chip players. Golden Tate was a badass, but they tossed him aside and gave Harvin bunch of money. I didn't see the decline at that point, but in hindsight that is when it started. I truly think if they kept Tate and never acquired Harvin, they win 49. After all that, they went on a trend of going after flash players and lost focus on what made them great. They went away from the lunch pale blue collar players and gravitated to flashy skill positions while neglecting the trenches.

I love what Pete did, but he lost his way and he lost the team. He was in prime position to prove to everyone that you could build a team that wasn't QB centric and could force their will. He got cute and slowly devolved into what the rest of the league was doing when he took over our team. It looks like the last 2 years he's almost realized this and is trying to recapture what he had, but I think the mojo is lost. It sucks but that's life.

Xxx

Reaction score
Football is entertainment. When your team becomes mediocre and stale, it becomes less entertaining. I love the excitement Pete brought and it was a fun ride for awhile. He brought success and a winning culture.

In 2010/2011, they were churning through players and I think they had a record for number of player aquisitions and releases in that span. He was determined to build his team and was ruthless, just look at Lendale White and Taylor Maze(Maze was pissed when Pete didn't draft him and White was pissed when he didn't meet Pete's standards). He assembled a roster of homegrown talent and misfits that had grit and a completely unique team first mentality for the salary cap era. I remember in 2011 when we destroyed the Eagles dream team on MNF with a smash mouth team. Back then you could really tell they were building something special. Each year from 2010 to 2013 was a step in the right direction.

After 48, he slowly lost the edge and the players could feel it. He hung on to aging vets and signed overpriced contracts to non blue chip players. Golden Tate was a badass, but they tossed him aside and gave Harvin bunch of money. I didn't see the decline at that point, but in hindsight that is when it started. I truly think if they kept Tate and never acquired Harvin, they win 49. After all that, they went on a trend of going after flash players and lost focus on what made them great. They went away from the lunch pale blue collar players and gravitated to flashy skill positions while neglecting the trenches.

I love what Pete did, but he lost his way and he lost the team. He was in prime position to prove to everyone that you could build a team that wasn't QB centric and could force their will. He got cute and slowly devolved into what the rest of the league was doing when he took over our team. It looks like the last 2 years he's almost realized this and is trying to recapture what he had, but I think the mojo is lost. It sucks but that's life.
That’s how good coaches go bad….

renofox

Reaction score

I think you said it better than I.

Overcoming the fear and embracing the excitement of change is, to me, a much more fulfilling and entertaining way of proceeding.

Reactions: Xxx

renofox

Reaction score
It’s not a fear it’s just the reality of the NFL.

All I’m really saying is you better have a guy or two you really like if you’re going to fire PC.

To fire PC and then search for a coach would be problematic.

And to say PC would not take us to another SB is a pretty easy bet to make. Most coaches don’t make it back.

Hell most coaches never make it to one let alone multiple SB opportunities over a decade.
I get what you're saying, but I'm not even talking about SB rings. I'm just looking for a team that has a chance to make a deep playoff run - something I do not believe PC will ever do again.

Yes, a deep playoff run gives you a chance at a SB but, more importantly, it gives you a chance at excitement and entertainment instead of watching year after year of the same thing with no hope of change.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
And was always baffled how I got so much push back for merely telling the truth. Then it dawned on me a week ago, or so. They say I am "wrong" not because I am actually wrong. But because they don't like what I have to say, which is entirely 2 different things.
You are wrong about as much as anyone else (among non-casual fans) is, man. The reason you get pushback is because you can be aggressively condescending to people who disagree with you, even those with well established and researched points.

Tons of other people say the same things about Pete as you and don't become forum-wide topics. It's tone.

Last edited: