Fade was right

Xxx

Reaction score
Lots of good points (from both sides). I like the discussion for the most part. I was ready for Seahawks to take Petey on a one way ride . I've calmed down for if only a second. I want to see all the "Pete people" when we're .500
Hoping something crazy like Raiders beat the Packers then hope Arizona beats New Orleans but by at least 5 points so we can get butt rammed by SF again in the wildcard.

You get the idea.

Carroll is paid in the top 3 of all NFL coaches at 15 MM a year. I don't give a
Darn what other teams do or have.
Seattle is paying him to "win forever".
I think someone wrote a book about it.

I have to go give my cat a bath .
Here kitty kitty,

knownone

Reaction score
This is a bad faith argument. You arbitrarily set the standard as “making the playoffs” as if that is an objective standard that everyone agrees on. It’s obvious that for you that means Pete is a great coach. Why not the standard be how many playoff wins the past 9 years? Pete moves down the list quite a bit and what makes that standard wrong and yours right?

I’d still argue that past success is great, the league changes at an incredible rate. We’ve invested more into our defense than most teams in the league the past few years yet it never improves. Why not that standard?

Pete was the right man for the Seahawks for a long time. Is he moving forward? I don’t know but I’ve seen enough to know that it’s at least a reasonable discussion when you can’t win a playoff game with an all time great coach outside of a starting QB going down. It may still be wrong to get rid of Pete but let’s not act as if it’s a crazy idea.

Edit added:
1. I’m not trying to be snarky here. It’s just frustrating that often in this debate it’s viewed as if the other side is stupid and I don’t think either side of the debate is stupid. Both have valid reasons for their belief in what is best moving forward.
How is that a bad-faith argument? Because you disagree with it? Where's the bad faith? I'm not arguing as if my perspective is universal, so that criticism is flat-out silly (and that's being polite). Similarly, I'm not arbitrarily setting a standard; Arbitrary implies a lack of clear or logical reasoning behind the decision. I picked an objectively above-average standard and explained why I used it. If you disagree with it, fine. But don't start your argument with a straw man and then address none of the points I made.

And in the interest of fairness, what's your standard?

Why not nine years? Okay. We'll omit this season since we don't know how it will turn out. So Pete has nine playoff games and three wins in the last nine years. That still ranks him solidly above average. Similarly, from 2009-2017, Andy Reid had seven playoff appearances and one win, so what does that tell us about him as a coach within that context? Did it foreshadow his 11 wins, 2 rings, and 3 Super Bowl appearances?

I've never once stated the other side is stupid. Never. And I have no issue with people holding a differing viewpoint. However, I think the premise that "Fade was right" is ridiculous for the reasons I mentioned, which is what this thread is about, by the way.

Ozzy

Reaction score
“And that’s being polite” sort of proves my whole point. Enjoy the week.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'm still leaning towards Fades analysis.
Yet , I can honestly see the other argument. Pete has kept the Seahawks competitive even if we've been stuck in a cycle of slightly above mediocrity for nearly a decade. Everyone has heard the saying " the devil you know".

My honest opinion? Pete isn't going anywhere. If the offense doesn't improve over the rest of the season, Waldron will need to update his resume.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Right. Maybe check your own tone, and I'll stop responding in kind.
You’ve been condescending to anyone who didn’t agree with you that Geno was a top 10 QB, you continued your tone when it comes to Pete. Thanks for admitting it though so we can move on.

knownone

Reaction score
You’ve been condescending to anyone who didn’t agree with you that Geno was a top 10 QB, you continued your tone when it comes to Pete. Thanks for admitting it though, so we can move on.
Okay. That's not true. But since you've failed to substantiate or defend your claims in the past, I'll acquiesce and stop engaging with you for the foreseeable future.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Okay. That's not true. But since you've failed to substantiate or defend your claims in the past, I'll acquiesce and stop engaging with you for the foreseeable future.
I’m just tired of doing the same rounds with you over and over and playing your game so no worries I’ve already decided to do the same.

This started with Geno and if you’re right and Geno is a top 10 QB and I’m just too stupid to see it you can dunk on me publicly as I’ll deserve it.

Latest posts