Did Pete Just Lose the Team?

Tinymac2

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1wp2zmio said:
I think the far larger issue than the delay of game penalty is Pete stubbornly running between the tackles to establish the run which, when it doesn't work, he just keeps trying to do for the entire first half before finally opening up the playbook more in the second half which has - basically without failure, EVER - resulted in much more success on offense.

I respect your opinion and admire your spelling and grammar but football is Pete’s business. Fire him for getting a 6-10 team to believe they’re better than that.

chris98251

Reaction score
You don't lose a team when you take responsibility, Pete did that, throwing a player or Coach under the bus (cough cough) Bevell and you lose your team and the teams respect for you.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tinymac2":18q52j1e said:
I respect your opinion and admire your spelling and grammar but football is Pete’s business. Fire him for getting a 6-10 team to believe they’re better than that.
Thanks, but it's absurd to believe that even the best coaches can't get caught up in defunct philosophies that may not fit the times very well, or just plain make mistakes. I in no way think I would be as good of an NFL coach as Pete Carroll. I know I wouldn't even come close.

That doesn't mean I'm incapable of pointing out a valid flaw, however.

kf3339

Reaction score
Seahawlnut89":39bu3gtb said:
I am not all doom and gloom, but a loss like that has the potential to linger into next week.

I think Pete and Russ might of just lost the team. There was no excuse for that delay of game.

I will be interested to see what team shows up next week.

That is about the most stupidest things I have heard on this board in a while. Are you sure it's the Hawks you support on this board?

OP
OP
S

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
kf3339":1lvt9nak said:
Seahawlnut89":1lvt9nak said:
I am not all doom and gloom, but a loss like that has the potential to linger into next week.

I think Pete and Russ might of just lost the team. There was no excuse for that delay of game.

I will be interested to see what team shows up next week.

That is about the most stupidest things I have heard on this board in a while. Are you sure it's the Hawks you support on this board?

Losses bring teams closer or drive them apart. It's fair to ask which is which.

I appreciate the overreaction.

JGreen79

Reaction score
AKSeahawks":3hbio3f5 said:
Pete lost this team on February 1, 2015

This is a load of BS... All 6 of the players currently on the roster that were also on the roster that day have signed a new contracts with the team since.

As for the OP. If he was going to lose the team in this game it would have been at half time. The effort in the 2nd half proves that he didn't lose the team.

John63

Reaction score
Optimus25":1bl924rh said:
I think we just showed life for the first time in three weeks.

How can you not be optimistic?. We just took the #2 team in the nfl to the .0002 inch line!

And there should have been a PI call to give us a sb 49 redo.

The future is bright, pass the shades.

We will beat Philly.

All true but it could have been a win if only we did not waste half the game before doing what always works. Changing tempo

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To the OP, GTFOOH, yes the staff screwed up by delivering the pay late, but this is a normal reality. The team is on to Philly, i'd believe they are energized and showed real life tonight.

Te team is all in and Marshawn was just barely warmed but would have punched it in, but for the game changing S-L-O-W play call from the coaching staff. Pete admitted fault yet that slow call which has been a season long feature cost the team a shot at a Divisional Championship. Same Ol' didn't cut it.

It clearly is time for a few coaching changes and faster O is a must.

OP
OP
S

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
jammerhawk":25vh4a8e said:
To the OP, GTFOOH, yes the staff screwed up by delivering the pay late, but this is a normal reality. The team is on to Philly.

Te team is all in and Marshawn was just barely warmed but would have punched it in, but for the game changing S-L-O-W play call from the coaching staff. Pete admitted fault yet that slow call which has been a season long feature cost the team a shot at a Divisional Championship.

It clearly is time for a few coaching changes and faster O is a must.

You acknowledge that the coaching staff screwed up. I am simply questioning how the team will responds to admitted coaching mistakes.

I don't understand the hostility.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Tinymac2":10qgbml8 said:
I don’t think so. Had we kicked a FG in the 1st, a FG wins it in the 4th. We’re also damaged goods. We’re hurting and these guys just played their hearts out. Let’s maybe think of the team first and our own emotional rubbish second.

You realize that would have been a 50 yard field goal. Hardly a gimme kick. Don’t assume you make it there. Analytics say you go for it in that position just sucks it didn’t work out

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vugzy70 said:
I think the far larger issue than the delay of game penalty is Pete stubbornly running between the tackles to establish the run which, when it doesn't work, he just keeps trying to do for the entire first half before finally opening up the playbook more in the second half which has - basically without failure, EVER - resulted in much more success on offense.

The line played a lot better in the second half.

The offensive coaches made good adjustments.

Also we saw Russ step up in the pocket which was nice.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to see Pete leave - all things considered he's done a great job keeping the team competitive year after year despite all the personnel turnover. Very few coaches have that level of consistency - some of it is certainly Wilson, and there have been mistakes, but overall I trust Pete and John running this team.

With that said, one of his weaknesses is decision making under pressure. I don't know exactly what happened with that delay of game penalty, but assuming it was due to taking forever to get the call in, it's just another instance of indecisiveness or bad decisions in-game causing unnecessary problems. Even ignoring play-calls, which will always be debated, I have no faith in Pete to manage the clock, use timeouts wisely, make smart decisions on 4th down when behind, make smart challenges, etc.

So what's the answer for a good coach who can't think on his feet? What might help is having someone extremely analytics minded standing next to Pete to help him manage the clock, know what to do on fourth down, etc. Some of it comes down to Pete himself needing to show more discipline and stick with a decision, but I do wonder if he isn't getting the help he needs in these situations?

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't get it. They were clearly outmatched and took them to the last play within inches of a win just like Pete and Russ would have it. I was pleasantly surprised at the effort. I will say this about the defense though. Once the offense scores, the defense is certain to give up a score themselves....time and time again. :pukeface:

Other than that, I'm just glad they made a game of it with so many lost for the year. :2thumbs:

Optimus25

Reaction score
John63":pwd8e1tn said:
Optimus25":pwd8e1tn said:
I think we just showed life for the first time in three weeks.

How can you not be optimistic?. We just took the #2 team in the nfl to the .0002 inch line!

And there should have been a PI call to give us a sb 49 redo.

The future is bright, pass the shades.

We will beat Philly.

All true but it could have been a win if only we did not waste half the game before doing what always works. Changing tempo

A win today equalled an extremely tough match up next week.

This loss almost ensures a divisional round game, which is far, far above expectations in the preseason.

The amount of negative posting on here blows my mind. Reminder the Eagles are only 9-7 and got the fortune of playing 6 games against the nfc easy...I mean east.

Minnesota would give us such a higher level of competition i just don't think it's close as to who we would rather face.

Today was win win in every regard.

We got Philly and Russ's mojo back.

I've bitched about Pete's method for years and a lot this season even.

But let's just give the benefit of the doubt until we actually miss the playoffs again and then we can bust out the pitchforks.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
So here's a question how many really thought we were going to win that game? I really thought they had no chance then our Offense showed up, This is a positive going in to the playoffs no matter what we were playing wildcard weekend they'er better on the road then at home.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
If we lose to philly next week, hell will break lose in this forum lol

OP
OP
S

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
Aw Mang":gqks6he3 said:
If we lose to philly next week, hell will break lose in this forum lol

This is one statement I think a majority on this fourm would agree with, and that's saying something...lol.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Everyone is saying things that are true or close to being true... However, remember one thing and one thing only... We still have the Dog in the Fight and next week might work out for the best... Not time to give up... :rumble: