Couple things worry me about tomorrow

Penman96

Reaction score
Long drives, we punch that depleted donkey defense in the teeth time after time handing the ball to Marshawn. Wear them out with Russ's scrambling. Build an efficient passing attack against a poor secondary. Basically just stay on the field and avoid, at all costs, 3 and outs (especially in the 4th quarter, that's poison). Over to you Bevell - call the right plays and keep Manning off the field. If we get over 35 minutes possession it's likely game over.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Penman96":32je6bos said:
Long drives, we punch that depleted donkey defense in the teeth time after time handing the ball to Marshawn. Wear them out with Russ's scrambling. Build an efficient passing attack against a poor secondary. Basically just stay on the field and avoid, at all costs, 3 and outs (especially in the 4th quarter, that's poison). Over to you Bevell - call the right plays and keep Manning off the field. If we get over 35 minutes possession it's likely game over.
If this happens it's not just game over, it's Chicago v New England redux.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":lnvdt9bx said:
Blitzer88":lnvdt9bx said:
I'm worried about everything. Its my nature.

Oh I am beyond worried, and since I can't take the stress in my current condition, I am starting my playoff ritual early.

When I wake up tomorrow I am going to go through the whole process of mourning a loss - not going to watch the game, going to shut my internet and phone off 1/2 hour before kickoff and pick two really sad movies to watch while the game plays. Maybe not just sad, but gut wrenching reality checks -- perhaps Schindler's List + The Killing Fields.

After I am completely done wallowing in misery, I will check the final score fully expecting a Seahawk loss. And if I see that they did, indeed lose, well, the depression will only slightly worsen... but will be mitigated by the massive reward I just won from the bet I made with another fan.

And if I find out that by some miracle the Seahawks won, then it won't just feel like victory, it will feel like RESURRECTION! To keep myself from getting too overwhelmed with joy and likewise suffering a health problem from being wound up so much, I will have the mitigating factor of the incredible bummer of having to pay out the huge bet I made.

Yup, I know it sounds certifiable... planning all this out just so, feel better now Blitzer?
You air have an AWESOME sense of humor.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":26q0c2lb said:
Blitzer88":26q0c2lb said:

Oh I am beyond worried, and since I can't take the stress in my current condition, I am starting my playoff ritual early.

When I wake up tomorrow I am going to go through the whole process of mourning a loss - not going to watch the game, going to shut my internet and phone off 1/2 hour before kickoff and pick two really sad movies to watch while the game plays. Maybe not just sad, but gut wrenching reality checks -- perhaps Schindler's List + The Killing Fields.

After I am completely done wallowing in misery, I will check the final score fully expecting a Seahawk loss. And if I see that they did, indeed lose, well, the depression will only slightly worsen... but will be mitigated by the massive reward I just won from the bet I made with another fan.

And if I find out that by some miracle the Seahawks won, then it won't just feel like victory, it will feel like RESURRECTION! To keep myself from getting too overwhelmed with joy and likewise suffering a health problem from being wound up so much, I will have the mitigating factor of the incredible bummer of having to pay out the huge bet I made.

Yup, I know it sounds certifiable... planning all this out just so, feel better now Blitzer?

no......... :(

irocdave

Reaction score
I am eerily confident. I am normally a typical Seattle fan, passive aggressive. Not for this game. We got this. No question in my mind, Donks will be blown out in the second half. This team is to young, hungry, fast, quick, physical and determined. They have enough experience to understand how to win a game like this but have enough of an attitude to just want to dominate. Hawks are going to blow out the Donks. F Mannings legacy, this is OUR YEAR. Seattle fans have suffered enough and our collective Hawk fanbase understands how close this team was to going all the way last year. We all knew that this was our year to finally bring a NFL championship home to our long suffering fan base in February of 2013.

THIS IS OUR F$%%^&ING YEAR AND SCREW YOU DONKEY FANS. THIS SB IS OURS!

Crabhawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":26p7skyx said:
May as well throw in "Sophie's Choice" and "Beaches" while you're at it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm only really worried about 2 things..

1) The officiating.. of course with SB XL PTSD, this is to be expected

2) How the defense manages the no-huddle offense. Hopefully for the last 2 weeks they've been really coached up on this. Though hearing Gus Bradley is the one guy that really gave the Denver offense fits gives me some confidence as he's running our scheme with far lesser talent

OP
OP
H

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2nxxdrmm said:
I'm only really worried about 2 things..

1) The officiating.. of course with SB XL PTSD, this is to be expected

2) How the defense manages the no-huddle offense. Hopefully for the last 2 weeks they've been really coached up on this. Though hearing Gus Bradley is the one guy that really gave the Denver offense fits gives me some confidence as he's running our scheme with far lesser talent

I think were all suspect about the officiating after what went down at SB XL. With that said, the head referee we just had recently in Saints game.

How will the defense react and manage to Manning calling audibles/Omaha.

LargentFan

Reaction score
Interesting stats regarding penalties.
Denver was indeed second in penalties. They actually had more defensive penalties than we did. Less than half of our penalty total was defensive. We lead the league in most dpi and defensive holding penalties, but across the season and playoffs, Denver had only 5 less of those penalties than we did.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The two things bothing me about tomorrow:

The lack of holding calls on the OL to keep Manning clean. If they can grab our guys, we won't get pressure. And everyone knows it's impossible to get pressure on Manning. :sarcasm_off:

An abundance of defensive holding and DPI calls on us. It's ridiculous....listening to ESPN radio and some of these interviews and they're freaking lobbying for DPI calls against us before the game even freaking starts.

I know LOB will probably be pissed about the whole DPOY thing, but I think they're fighting an uphill battle tomorrrow. I have a feeling of dread about the refs and what they'll call.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
I hope the officials will be watching Welker real closely if he tries pick in this game.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The_Z_Man":3fseryyi said:
Blitzer88":3fseryyi said:

The only thing left is to buy Rewind if they win so you can watch the game.

I watched XL sort of huddled under a blanket and switching back and forth in a bizarre pattern. I won't be watching tomorrow's game unless they win. I get more joy from knowing in advance that the outcome was good, to be honest.

Depending on how things go, I might follow along a bit through Gameday, and if Seattle goes up enough that a win is clearly going to happen, I will tune in to the end. But man, watching that first loss was so terrible that if the worst comes to pass, I'd rather not have to do it again.

The only game that I watched calmly all year (other than the Jags and Vikes games) was the Texans game; I expected them to lose, so their comeback win was a pleasant surprise for me. Obviously, this must-win game doesn't fall into that category.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I'm just pissed I didn't take Monday off work as well (I normally work Sundays). I'm going to have suuuch a hangover. Not from booze or food, but from a post adrenaline rush.
but hey. I'm gonna love every second of it for the next week.

Go Hawks. 35-24.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3i02tcp5 said:
No no no, I don't do chick movies, no way! Has to be gritty stuff like genocide or soldiers dying - your an old dead pooch movie -- you know, Where the Red Fern Grows, or old Yeller. Any Chickflick movie where someone is sick and dying and there are lots of women crying, either it's like fingernails on the chalkboard or I start laughing.
Well, in its way, Sophie's Choice is rather full of genocide. If that makes you feel any better...

Schindler's List was sad, but also hopeful. Sort of like Life is Beautiful. Gut wrenching, but leaves you with a little sliver of hope for humanity.

So, shifting continents, how about The Last King of Scotland or Beyond the Gates? Both of those made me pretty much hate being human.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":26tl6ghx said:
I hope the officials will be watching Welker real closely if he tries pick in this game.

Why? One more concussion and he leaves in a body bag.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":7m86oi9g said:
Crabhawk":7m86oi9g said:
So, shifting continents, how about The Last King of Scotland or Beyond the Gates? Both of those made me pretty much hate being human.

ding ding! Winner, I've not seen Last King of Scotland. Thanks for the recommendation. ;)

Watched it last weekend. Yeah, it'll do the job.

BASF

Reaction score
I'm worried that we don't give any new looks on offense. With two weeks to prepare, the focus is usually on further out than the normal six weeks of tape you watch to prepare for your opponent. Their defensive personnel is not as good as we have faced recently, so I am worried that Carroll and Bevell will be content with what we have been doing all along. Wrinkles from our formations is huge when playing against a team that has the extra week to prepare. Changing the side we run things to gives the defense fits. An example from last season was when we finally switched our wide receiver screens from always running them to the right to running them to the left. The gains were massive the first week since they were not on film for teams to prepare for. Another example from this season was when we had Miller not block the defensive end on the wide receiver screen formation and run down the seam against the Saints who had never seen that play and it turned out to be Miller's biggest gain of the season and was the play that opened up the Saints defense the rest of the game.

I would love to see the route combinations that exploit the intermediate and deep middle which we have thrown to very sparingly. Ihenacho and Adams are not close to Reid and Whitner in talent. They are not even as good as Harper and Jenkins. They can be had.