Clint

hangumhi

Reaction score
I don't care if this is already a thread...I know it is. I was locked put of my account for a while but I've been trying to post this for a while. I have been posting about Clint Hurd for a long time now; all negative. I want the world to know what an idiot we have as a DC.

All we had to do yesterday was jam at the line of scrimmage and we win that game. This DC is an absolute joke and so is Pete!!

Everyone complaining about a lack of QB pressure should understand that is because we have the most physical DBs and young DBs and we are not using their talents! We should be in press man for nearly the whole game.

I've been a coach long enough to know football very well. This piece of trash earning millions a year named Pete Carroll is worthless. And so is Clint hurtt!!. Let me be clear. This team is not coached well!!

OP
OP
H

hangumhi

Reaction score
I don't care if this is already a thread...I know it is. I was locked put of my account for a while but I've been trying to post this for a while. I have been posting about Clint Hurd for a long time now; all negative. I want the world to know what an idiot we have as a DC.

All we had to do yesterday was jam at the line of scrimmage and we win that game. This DC is an absolute joke and so is Pete!!

Everyone complaining about a lack of QB pressure should understand that is because we have the most physical DBs and young DBs and we are not using their talents! We should be in press man for nearly the whole game.

I've been a coach long enough to know football very well. This piece of trash earning millions a year named Pete Carroll is worthless. And so is Clint hurtt!!. Let me be clear. This team is not coached well!!
This piece of trash Clint hurd plays a soft zone against a top tier qb and it's pitch and catch 2.5 seconds to throw max. All you have to do is jam!

OP
OP
H

hangumhi

Reaction score
This piece of trash Clint hurd plays a soft zone against a top tier qb and it's pitch and catch 2.5 seconds to throw max. All you have to do is jam!
I'm so sick of this crap! Design a proper scheme and this game goes the other way. This is just coaching. Call me up and I promise you'll get a win out of that game.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Pretty much said this my last post. That was the worst zone in the worst game to play. I don't see any proper adjustments or game plans with Hurt. The philosophy is LOB minus the pass rush but...there is no more LOB anymore. I'm actually more pissed at the offense right now tho. Look what other teams are doing it's a copy cat league. Pete is still living in 2014. The LOB is over, Petey and Hurt.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The problem with a jam is that if you miss, you are beat for a long pass. We would rather get beat by 10-15 passes than give up a long one.

It's about playing the odds and limiting risk, not stopping the offense.

Also Riq seems to struggle with that.

Scout

Reaction score
The problem with a jam is that if you miss, you are beat for a long pass. We would rather get beat by 10-15 passes than give up a long one.

If the Hawks are scared of Tutu Atwell and a rookie Nacua beating them over the top that is not good. Jefferson I can understand to an extent. But exclusive zone play doesn't work against a competent QB when you are giving 10 yard cushions beyond the first down marker.

I watched the Bucs vs Vikings matchup before the Hawks vs Rams game. And in that matchup the Vikings started to move the ball with a hurry up offense in the middle of the first half. But the Bucs went soft zone which made it easier for the Vikes and Cousins to march downfield while also using the hurry up offense. Justin Jefferson went off for 138 yards in the first half of that game as a result of soft zone play by the Bucs. And the Vikes were also able to score a TD off a blown zone coverage by Safety R. Neal as he didn't go far back enough in time as the rookie Addison beat them over the top.

So yes even in zone you can be beat over the top if you are out of position and the pass rush/blitz doesn't hit home.

The Hawks have the talent in the secondary to be physical and to help force some coverage sacks.

Wheetie

Reaction score

I'd rather they get beat for a touchdown in 10 seconds than a slow, painful 10 minute, full field drive

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Seahawks won the first two quarters 13 to 10!
Losing both starting Offensive Tackles within the first 7 minutes of the third quarter changed the dynamics.

Good bye run game, no more ball control, the defense was on the field too long, and our defense was exposed by a Super Bowl caliber quarterback all throughout the second half.

Had the Hawk's Defensive Front 7 stepped up their game, and maybe limited Stafford to perhaps 2.5 seconds to throw, then maybe the Hawks still win this game. They didn't. They couldn't. This 3-4 scheme is a disaster for young D players.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hurrt is supposed to be a defensive line coach, or at least he was before being made the DC. The Hawks DLine was once again woefully weak on Sunday, zero sacks, limited pressures, and players out of position on run plays. Why, is it the talent or the coaching? I'm opting for the later. I really am unconvinced that this coach know how to scheme his D and for sure he showed a singular ability to adjust against the Rams. The same plays worked again and again with zero adjustment to prevent them from succeeding.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think there were numerous options better than Clint Hurt but he was given the job .
I wonder why it happened this way. An average coach would be a huge upgrade

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Half the posters on .Net would do a better job that Clint Hurtt and I firmly believe that

Latest posts