Clint Hurtt is optimistic

keasley45

Reaction score
Good post, but the jury's still out on the "Hurtt's been handed talent."

Other than Woolen, who would you consider an elite defender on our defense?

That's my point, personnel matters. I do think the D will be better this year, but how much better is to be seen. We really have no idea how most of the free agents and rookies will play.
You're right, nothing is a given, but Id say we batted 100 last year between FA and the draft. I dont see how Hall and Witherspoon can NOT contribute in solid ways, honestly and Martin also looks like decent depth to begin with. Love makes Jamal's return less an issue, although getting Jamal back at even 90% would be a game changer.

Edge - Solid
Safeties - Solid
Corners - Solid
Lbers - Incomplete
Interior Line - Incomplete

We'll be better at LB *cant be worse
And the interior line play ... they've gone about addresssing the issue in the best way they saw possible, given their adhering to the idea that they want to add max talent, regardless of position. But Reed coming back is big. Adding bodies like Austin Faoliu and Mario Edwards cant hurt. And there's the possibiliy of Mone returning in time for the season's start.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Why are we incomplete at ILB? Brooks, Wagner, Bush, Jones, Rhattagan.

Seriously, half the time we only have one ILB out there. how much depth do we need?

Same thing with the interior DL. Reed, Jones, Young, Morris, Edwards and maybe Cooper seems like an adequate rotation for 3 spots. Mone is still around when he gets healthy.

We are rebuilding so we will be playing some young guys at positions like iOL and DL, just like last year when we played some young guys at OT, CB and RB.

BASF

Reaction score
Why are we incomplete at ILB? Brooks, Wagner, Bush, Jones, Rhattagan.

Seriously, half the time we only have one ILB out there. how much depth do we need?

Same thing with the interior DL. Reed, Jones, Young, Morris, Edwards and maybe Cooper seems like an adequate rotation for 3 spots. Mone is still around when he gets healthy.

We are rebuilding so we will be playing some young guys at positions like iOL and DL, just like last year when we played some young guys at OT, CB and RB.
Brooks will be lucky to be active for eight games this season with how late in the season his injury was. Even if he does make it back that quickly, there is no way to know if he is as fast or as flexible as he once was.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Brooks will be lucky to be active for eight games this season with how late in the season his injury was. Even if he does make it back that quickly, there is no way to know if he is as fast or as flexible as he once was.

True but that still leaves Bush, Jones and Rhattagan to hold down the fort. More than adequate for a part time position.

Chevy

Reaction score
You're right, nothing is a given, but Id say we batted 100 last year between FA and the draft. I dont see how Hall and Witherspoon can NOT contribute in solid ways, honestly and Martin also looks like decent depth to begin with. Love makes Jamal's return less an issue, although getting Jamal back at even 90% would be a game changer.

Edge - Solid
Safeties - Solid
Corners - Solid
Lbers - Incomplete
Interior Line - Incomplete

We'll be better at LB *cant be worse
And the interior line play ... they've gone about addresssing the issue in the best way they saw possible, given their adhering to the idea that they want to add max talent, regardless of position. But Reed coming back is big. Adding bodies like Austin Faoliu and Mario Edwards cant hurt. And there's the possibiliy of Mone returning in time for the season's start.
I think Reed will have a great season on our defense with our new scheme and the talent around him. Reed has showed he can be disruptive when he isn't asked to 2-gap. I think he will be a beast at DE with Jones playing opposite him. I also like our young NTs that we got in this draft/undrafted rookie free agency.

Hall has a great chance to compete and win the starting OLB opposite Nwosu.

2 shut down CBs to give our pass rushers extra time to get after the QB. Our CBs ability to cover should improve our pass rush.

It's going to be an exciting year to watch the progression of the Seahawks.