Can the 49ers be stopped?

Weadoption

Reaction score
Well, it's been since 1994 that they won the SB. Something their fans seem to gloss over. IF they stay healthy, I can see them winning it all.
Then again, they do seem to find a way to choke in the playoffs. But, I certainly wouldn't get against them. Puke
the pain would be like being waterboarded with bleach while listening to an endless loop of Mahomes State Farm commercials.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Disney can make that work.
The Brock Purdy Story, starring Michael
B Jordan.
You're on to something.. Genius!

Michael B. Jordan as Brock
Michelle Yeoh as Brock's Mom
George Lopez as Brock's Dad
Dylan Mulvaney as Brock's sister
Dylan Mulvaney as Brock's brother
Adam Beach as Brock's high school coach
Chris Pine as Brock's first agent who tried to embezzle his signing bonus to fund a human trafficking ring.

Weadoption

Reaction score
You're on to something.. Genius!

Michael B. Jordan as Brock
Michelle Yeoh as Brock's Mom
George Lopez as Brock's Dad
Dylan Mulvaney as Brock's sister
Dylan Mulvaney as Brock's brother
Adam Beach as Brock's high school coach
Chris Pine as Brock's first agent who tried to embezzle his signing bonus to fund a human trafficking ring.
i LOL’d at the Dylan Mulvaney bro and sis 😂 …..
we could just have him/her/them take the starring role and we’ll call it The Brock Pretty Story.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Idk if I can stomach any more of this.

GBo0LcvW4AAGzenformatjpgnamesmall

I might have to tell my wife I'm putting myself into a self induced coma until next spring.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Solid take IMO..

You and some of the other Niner contributors are going to have some sleepless pre playoff game nights this year I bet. You've reached that enviable stage of anything less than a Super Bowl victory is a disappointment. Every piece is there and another premature playoff exit could risk causing some malcontent that could affect the balance moving forward.

Obviously "Any given Sunday" is gospel, but the Niners are going through elite teams like a wet paper bag. When you start beating the shit out of really good teams, it's like a different gear, a "it's time" moment. That's how I felt in late 2012 and 2013 with the Hawks.
How about if they lose on the last play of the 'owl?

Torc

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us, the thing that is going to hit the 49ers the hardest is when super bowl winning, MVP winning QB Brock Purdy starts negotiating his contract after next season (assuming they follow normal procedure nowadays and sign him a year before his contract is up). The highest paid QBs right now use about 17% of the cap. I figure a guy who is playing so well so young should get 18-19%.

As we well know, your QBs first big contract is quite a blow to your team.

94Smith

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us, the thing that is going to hit the 49ers the hardest is when super bowl winning, MVP winning QB Brock Purdy starts negotiating his contract after next season (assuming they follow normal procedure nowadays and sign him a year before his contract is up). The highest paid QBs right now use about 17% of the cap. I figure a guy who is playing so well so young should get 18-19%.

As we well know, your QBs first big contract is quite a blow to your team.
Hopefully they win once before then

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
I can see Purdy pulling a Tom Brady and taking a team friendly salary and performance bonuses. Betting on himself and leaving enough room for talent around him.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
they will win the owl barring some bad injuries. They look like the best team in football.
IDK, I thought that before their 3 game skid. This year has just been crazy, and I strongly suspect this will be one of those years a wild card team goes on a tear and wins it all.

In an ideal world, could be us....

Torc

Reaction score
I can see Purdy pulling a Tom Brady and taking a team friendly salary and performance bonuses. Betting on himself and leaving enough room for talent around him.
Brady could do that partly because his wife made a lot more than he did.

Fans who expect players to take less millions are living in a dream world. Also, agents are on commission. They don't shoot for "team friendly".

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The team that has the best chance to defeat the Niners are the Ravens/Dolphins.

The kryptonite of the Niners has always been a mobile QB. Have Lamar Jackson run all over the Niners and if they can bottle up CMC, the Ravens, has a good chance!

Miami, if they can bottle up CMC, and then score score score and score they have a chance!

Weadoption

Reaction score
they can be beat by UCL snapping D linemen, but even then, Brock has Jesus come in and miracles stuff and adds more arm power.

toffee

Reaction score
Shall we meet again in the playoffs, we shall stop them, no doubt about it.