Can the 49ers be stopped?

Weadoption

Reaction score
I hate hate hate to say it but Purdy looks to be the real deal. With all that insane talent around him and the insane talent on defense, it’s just bias and hatred if you can’t honestly admit at this stage that they are the best team in football this year.

God, I need a shower now.
in 1987 the Niners had the #1 Off and #1 D in the league going into the playoffs, and got bounced by the Vikings Anthony Carter’s and his career receiving day.
Nothing is certain, but ya they lookin tough to beat.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The 18-1 (16-0) Patriots were one of the best teams ever, and they got stopped.

I mean, seriously. 50 passing touchdowns IN 2008. Brady to Moss. Brady with a 117 passer rating on the year. They got punched in the mouth by a 10-6 Giants team.

They can be stopped. It'll take an upset or injuries.

LTH

Reaction score
Can the 49ers be stopped? No... this is a VERY special team!

rjdriver

Reaction score
The 18-1 (16-0) Patriots were one of the best teams ever, and they got stopped.

I mean, seriously. 50 passing touchdowns IN 2008. Brady to Moss. Brady with a 117 passer rating on the year. They got punched in the mouth by a 10-6 Giants team.

They can be stopped. It'll take an upset or injuries.
As well as a catch that defies all the known laws of modern physics. Thrown by a slow, unathletic QB who similarly had just defied all the known laws of modern physics by somehow escaping the grasp of multiple elite, athletics pass rushers.

I usually do a slow eye roll when a player credits his "Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" for a victory, but I just nodded in casual agreement after that game.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
At one point or another, several teams have looked “unstoppable” this season.

It’s all about peaking at the right time.

Question is, can they carry the momentum through the final stretch?

Two big games in 3 coming up.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The Rams appear to be the only serious opponents in the NFC conference. Hope to see that rematch.
AFC is a whole different situation.

The Ravens can beat any team, and are stellar on offense and defence.

The wild card? Buffalo Bills. They turned on a switch, and suddenly look unbeatable.

Jac

Reaction score
It's a good year to be the 49ers because almost nobody else in the league is consistent and/or any good. Baltimore is clearly a threat but not sure how they'll do against the 49'ers A-game (if they bring it). It'll probably be one of the more hyped MNF in a while because it's a legit SB preview late in the season. There are other teams like the Lions, Cowboys, Bills, Dolphins, (probably) Chiefs that are talented enough to pull out a win if they bring their A-game and the 49'ers do not. The playoffs are just different.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Wow! They beat the Cardinals!

They have finally cracked that egg; the rest of the season is omelets time..

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Oops... they still have to play a few real contenders to finish out the season.
The Christmas game vs Ravens should really be the best game to watch so far this year.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I hate hate hate to say it but Purdy looks to be the real deal. With all that insane talent around him and the insane talent on defense, it’s just bias and hatred if you can’t honestly admit at this stage that they are the best team in football this year.

God, I need a shower now.
Yep I hate it because it's the 49ers but the truth hurts...not sure Purdy is all world without cnac there but he definitely isn't an avg qb. I still have them losing to the Chiefs in the super bowl...at least that was my pre season prediction. I dont see anyone who is as good on both sides of the ball as the 49ers..not even close really

rjdriver

Reaction score
The Raven's game will be as close to "must see TV" as you will get.

I hate the Niners so deeply that it's hard to even like individuals on the team (childish, I know). That said, It's hard to dislike Brock Purdy. Everything I've seen and heard from him is likable. I'd be crazy about him if he wore blue n' green. He is seriously a Disney movie in the making (other than being the wrong color).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score

I hate the Niners so deeply that it's hard to even like individuals on the team (childish, I know). That said, It's hard to dislike Brock Purdy. Everything I've seen and heard from him is likable. I'd be crazy about him if he wore blue n' green. He is seriously a Disney movie n the making (other than being the wrong color).
I think Lamar gets exposed in this game and he doesn't do well when Andrew's isn't available. Baltimore D is legit though. Sure wish we took Queen.

NINEster

Reaction score
It feels like it's their year win it all.

I'm rooting for the Lions though if Seattle doesn't make it.

When the Seahawks became a thing in 2012 they won the following year. They were teased prior to the 2012 season as being a team to watch, and then by the next offseason a super bowl favorite even with the Niners having just played it.

It's time the Niners get it done....6 NFC Championship game appearances and no Super Bowl wins, mostly due to injuries.

But a QB fixes things. Now maybe they have that too.

I know people hate them around here, but what's fair is fair.

As much as I hate how things went down a decade ago, the Seahawks deserved to win at least 1 super bowl back then.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We had our turn. Now it seems to be your team's turn. They are rightfully hated around these here parts but that's part of the game and divisional rivals and all that. Sure beats apathy from both sides.

rjdriver

Reaction score
When the Seahawks became a thing in 2012 they won the following year. They were teased prior to the 2012 season as being a team to watch, and then by the next offseason a super bowl favorite even with the Niners having just played it.

It's time the Niners get it done....6 NFC Championship game appearances and no Super Bowl wins, mostly due to injuries.

But a QB fixes things. Now maybe they have that too.

I know people hate them around here, but what's fair is fair.

As much as I hate how things went down a decade ago, the Seahawks deserved to win at least 1 super bowl back then.

Solid take IMO..

You and some of the other Niner contributors are going to have some sleepless pre playoff game nights this year I bet. You've reached that enviable stage of anything less than a Super Bowl victory is a disappointment. Every piece is there and another premature playoff exit could risk causing some malcontent that could affect the balance moving forward.

Obviously "Any given Sunday" is gospel, but the Niners are going through elite teams like a wet paper bag. When you start beating the shit out of really good teams, it's like a different gear, a "it's time" moment. That's how I felt in late 2012 and 2013 with the Hawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, it's been since 1994 that they won the SB. Something their fans seem to gloss over. IF they stay healthy, I can see them winning it all.
Then again, they do seem to find a way to choke in the playoffs. But, I certainly wouldn't get against them. Puke

Weadoption

Reaction score

I hate the Niners so deeply that it's hard to even like individuals on the team (childish, I know). That said, It's hard to dislike Brock Purdy. Everything I've seen and heard from him is likable. I'd be crazy about him if he wore blue n' green. He is seriously a Disney movie in the making (other than being the wrong color).
Disney can make that work.
The Brock Purdy Story, starring Michael
B Jordan.

Latest posts