Can Moreno hurt Seattle's Run D?

BroncoFanForLife

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3z9xwjvd said:
BroncoFanForLife":3z9xwjvd said:
I promise you: Ball is far more fumble-prone than Moreno.

We'll probably run it up the middle on 1st & 2nd downs just to keep Chancellor in the box. In 3rd & short type situations, I think we'll try to outflank you from our trips formations.......if we go for that whole running thing on 3rd down :)

I hope you do run up the middle to try and keep Chancellor in the box on early downs.

One, it'll mean a lot of 3rd and long.

Two, unless you establish the run early -- you'll barely ever see Chancellor in the box. His main task in this game is going to be keeping the TE quiet.

I expect the Broncos to do everything they can to stay out of 3rd & long. Running up the middle will yield little to nothing...agreed. However, Seattle will have to continue to honor it (Chancellor et. al.), and it will (hopefully) set up play-action nicely for Denver.

Out of curiosity, which one do you expect to hold up better against our TE? Chancellor or KJ Wright?

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
BroncoFanForLife":tijbove2 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":tijbove2 said:
BroncoFanForLife":tijbove2 said:

We'll probably run it up the middle on 1st & 2nd downs just to keep Chancellor in the box. In 3rd & short type situations, I think we'll try to outflank you from our trips formations.......if we go for that whole running thing on 3rd down :)

I hope you do run up the middle to try and keep Chancellor in the box on early downs.

Two, unless you establish the run early -- you'll barely ever see Chancellor in the box. His main task in this game is going to be keeping the TE quiet.

I expect the Broncos to do everything they can to stay out of 3rd & long. Running up the middle will yield little to nothing...agreed. However, Seattle will have to continue to honor it (Chancellor et. al.), and it will (hopefully) set up play-action nicely for Denver.

Out of curiosity, which one do you expect to hold up better against our TE? Chancellor or KJ Wright?

I think the better question is: Will Thomas stand up to Chancellor. Chancellor has almost single-handedly ruined Vernon Davis' life on clean hits.

kamhit.gif

003.gif

Chancellor once blew up the Cardinals Right Tackle. I'm not even making that up.

BroncoFanForLife

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2xhleduo said:
BroncoFanForLife":2xhleduo said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2xhleduo said:
BroncoFanForLife":2xhleduo said:

I think the better question is: Will Thomas stand up to Chancellor. Chancellor has almost single-handedly ruined Vernon Davis' life on clean hits.

kamhit.gif

003.gif

Chancellor once blew up the Cardinals Right Tackle. I'm not even making that up.

Chancellor's a great, physical, hard-hitting safety...one of the most feared tacklers in the league. No question. I do think Julius Thomas would match up well with him in coverage though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
BroncoFan,the only way Julius gets anything will be because everyone else is getting pounded..I'm not trying to be cocky or trash talking..We have faced the toughest TE's and they didn't do anything..

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Am I wrong in saying that in order to run play action, you actually have to be able to run the ball? I see Seattle's front four taking the legs out of the run attack first quarter. If Gore can't run on us, nor Ingram, I sure as hell don't see Moreno going off. Means that we get to tee off on Manning and that "impenetrable" o line he has...all while dropping 7 to cover these uber receivers

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think a lot of you are underselling the quality of back Moreno is. The guy can run. Our defense HAS to wrap this guy up and treat him more like Frank Gore and less like Khiry Robinson and Mark Ingram.

themunn

Reaction score
Moreno is a decent back, but he's not a great back.
He's certainly not a back you could build an offensive identity around a la Frank Gore, one who demands 8 in the box.
I predict he'll have 2 or 3 runs of 10 yards, and the rest of the time he'll be bottled up to under 2 YPC, to such extent that the Broncos give up on running the ball

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
The guy people were calling "No Show" Moreno just last year?

Ummmm, HELL no.

He might do well against slow, shitty, AFC defenses...but the NFCW is a different animal entirely.

suppaball

Reaction score
chris98251":21hbe8kh said:
Moreno is coming off a rib injury, he and Ball are also big backs not shifty ones, we handle big well and have got much better at shifty ones by staying in our lanes.
Morano is very shifty look at his moves at Georgia would link but haven't figured out how on my phone yet.

Hawksalot4277

Reaction score
IndyHawk":dm4eyhzz said:
BroncoFan,the only way Julius gets anything will be because everyone else is getting pounded..I'm not trying to be cocky or trash talking..We have faced the toughest TE's and they didn't do anything..

Did those TE's have Peyton Manning throwing them the ball? Jimmy Graham has nothing on JT's physicality. He might be faster and slightly more athletic, but doesn't have near the size or physical presence of Thomas. And Vernon Davis had Kaepernick throwing him the ball. Please.

chris98251

Reaction score
suppaball":e5u267bl said:
chris98251":e5u267bl said:
Moreno is coming off a rib injury, he and Ball are also big backs not shifty ones, we handle big well and have got much better at shifty ones by staying in our lanes.
Morano is very shifty look at his moves at Georgia would link but haven't figured out how on my phone yet.

I guess shifty needs to be quantified, to me shifty is Warrick Dunn, Marshall Faulk, Darren Sproles, Barry Sanders etc. Smallish back that is hard to see or a back that can cut sideways on a dime at speed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawksalot4277":1k0qhldu said:
IndyHawk":1k0qhldu said:

Did those TE's have Peyton Manning throwing them the ball? Jimmy Graham has nothing on JT's physicality. He might be faster and slightly more athletic, but doesn't have near the size or physical presence of Thomas. And Vernon Davis had Kaepernick throwing him the ball. Please.

this is a joke right? Your first post and you couldn't find the sarcasm button?

Or maybe this is another one of those Bronco facts. Apparently in Bronco land 6'5 255lb is bigger and has more presence than 6'7 265lb.