Shockingly bad run D.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Small but I will point out, the bulk of cardinals “good/big runs” came when they literally held Brooks, or Bush (depending who was in).
Or straight-up tackled Wagner.

This is what happens when the refs stop calling holds, like the fans want them to. Defense disappears. It's actually happening all over the league, and it's a big part of what happened with the Eagles.

For proof, watch our own O-line. They too have been blasting defenses back five yards off the ball upon the snap, and I've seen our own guys holding in the process, sometimes blatantly.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Wink Martindale resigned as the Giants DC.

Bring him in?

xray

Reaction score
They tackle like they have to braid their own hair or do their own laundry . :)

hinton

Reaction score
I actually think that what they did generally worked where they concentrated their efforts in fortifying the interior 3 spots.

What failed was assuming Mafe could fill the run stop contain role. Trusting that Taylor's slump last year was a temporary thing, and hoping that Hall could translate his freakish NCAA talent to the pros.

That, and Nwosu went down.

And the F Clark (F* Clark!) experiment yielded nothing.

Of all the parts of the D, one would have thought that the group above could reasonably be relied upon. It failed, entirely. Mafe, Taylor, Hall, Clark... none of them worked. I dont know that many eould have predicted that collosal a failure.

And when everyone cheered Adams being sat down, that move was the nail in the coffin. From the outset, i think they viewed Adams as the backstop on the strongside in rush defense.

It all failed.

And what do you have besides those guys?

Bobby, who can still wreak havic between the tackles bit isnt wuick enough anymore to make hey beyond that.

And Brooks was dinged off and on throughout thr season.

Bush played like a reserve player.

This is why when the question comes up as to whether we should use a high pick on a qb, i personally dont see how you can prioritize that this year with basically Wags, Brooks and Nwosu as your only Lbers at all stout against the run. If one goes down and you dont have someone viable behind them, its the same deal again next year.
Good to see you posting again.

Couldn't agree more. I'd be happy in this draft if we only targeted front-7 defensive guys, and maybe some OL*

*Edit... unless JS sees a future franchise QB in this draft, in that case he should pull the trigger. Sitting for a year or two behind Geno is a good option if they're not ready day 1.

Last edited: