• The Tip

Votes: 42 44.2%
  • Other (post your response)

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Laloosh

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1ul0i36f said:
This was a topic of discussion on Brock and Danny this morning. I agree with the tip coming out over the top against Beast Quake I. Beast Quake III was pretty cool as well, but Smith and Sherman punched our ticket to the Super Bowl with that play.

The tip it is.

I think this is where Danny gets half of his material tbh.

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
I don't see how the tip which is a great play for our franchise trumps the beast quake which is a great play in the history of the league

Vpk0718

Reaction score
The Kearse TD is more memorable than either of those plays to me. The events that came before it that made it look like it was yet another bumbled offensive possession, the strangeness of Hauschka not taking the kick, then Pete's decision to go for it and then the bomb. I'll remember those sequence of events for the rest of my life. I haven't screamed louder at any other play in Seahawks history, not even Beast Quake or The Tip. That one play changed the entire game.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
This thing keeps changing everytime I come back to look at it. Last time I checked this poll it was nearly 2-1 for beast quake, now it's 51% - 47% for Beast Quake. Looks like the .NET fanbase is pretty evenly split on this one, with a slight edge to beast quake.

ensett

Reaction score
The Tip was just a normal great play that is only so memorable because of the timing of it. Beast Quake is something legendary no matter when it happened, you just don't see plays like that. Gotta go with the Quake, easily.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Aros":32880jfu said:
The Immaculate Deflection will definitely rank up there as one of the best Seahawks plays of all time, but that Beast Quake run was the best run in NFL History, period.

What was immaculate about it? Unless you want to give Sherm zero credit for his skill on the ball....

ceej22

Reaction score
The Tip for me no question. I was there for The Tip and missed the Beast Quake (working) though so might be biased. Could change my mind once the emotion wears off but The Tip sent us to the Super Bowl so I'm going with that one.

Also, as great of a run as Beast Quake was it is not the undisputed best run in NFL history. Simpson, Brown, Payton, Sanders, Peterson, etc.. all had runs that were equally as amazing. There is a better case that it was the best run in NFL PLAYOFF history though. The only other one that comes close is a Steve Young scramble. Iconic run that will go down as one of the best but not necessarily GOAT.

E.C. Laloosh":91x6ro4q said:
I think the play that didn't happen is the biggest play ever. The routes that our receivers were supposed to run before the Niners jumped offside on that 4th and 7, we don't even know. Russell went with the double count and as soon as Aldon Smith jumped offside, our guys automatically went vertical instead.

When it comes right down to it, whatever play was called on that 4th and 7... what a gutsy call.

Gutsy call but smart call as Hauschka stated he did not feel good about kicking it. Would have almost certainly been a miss. I remember getting a sick feeling when they sent him out there and the 12th man flag was waving towards the south. Was the right call for the situation.

DavidSeven":91x6ro4q said:
Quake. It is an iconic run that will be remembered forever in NFL history. The pass deflection was a huge moment for Seahawks fans, but it won't be remembered forever nationally (except as a companion to Sherm's postgame rant).

Time will tell, but I have seen multiple national media outlets saying that the play will be remembered for years.

Latest posts