Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Falcons)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Seahawks are coming off back-to-back victories over lesser opponents which felt like losses on some levels. The reasons are pretty obvious. From backups and rookies filling the all-important tackle positions on the offensive line for our injured starters, creating a virtual sieve at the line which is a detriment to RW's health, to the fact that each and every "lesser" opponent has the Seahawks marked on their schedules as their Super Bowl. In effect, giving us their collective game of the year. This spells trouble as our young and talented team learns that it takes your very best effort - no matter the opponent's record - every game day. From the coaching, to the player's performance. And both have been suspect at times these past two weeks.

Still, this team is first in the NFC with an 8-1 record (holy CRAP that's impressive) and still very much the team to beat in the NFC.

So every team - and I don't care how bad they are playing, or how bad their record is, or how bad their season is tanking - is going to give the Seahawks their best shot and if we're not ready for it, we WILL lose. Atlanta falls nicely into that category. They are beaten up, beaten down, but not out. How much there really is to that whole "Seahawks are seaking revenge for being bumped out of the playoffs" angle is yet to be seen.

Until the Seahawks truly turn the corner on offense this year, I'm no longer in the business of bravado with my picks. Each one will be a dogfight.

Aros' Fearless Pick: Seahawks 23 - Falcons 21

Aros' Fearless Record: 8-1

jblaze

Reaction score
24-21 Most likely another heart attack.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
These last two games were somewhat of a wake up call and they get some things 'fixed' this week.

I think we see start seeing the Seahawks from the second half of last year.

SEA 27
ATL 10

Oakhawk

Reaction score
Personally, as much as I want to dispute your conclusion, I agree it's more than likely this will be a ugly game. However, I think this game has the potential to get the whole team on the same page--against the team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year. Same team, same field--great measuring stick to see if we're really regressing or just have yet to peak.

I also think it cuts the other way--if we can't get the O up and going for this game, it'll be a long second half of the season.

kmedic

Reaction score
Falcons are much more desperate to win this game than the Hawks. This is essentially there last chance to salvage their season. It doesn't mean as much to the Hawks, who have a one game cushion in the NFC and could theoretically afford to lose a stinker on the road. Plus, I think that the run defense fix will not come easy- I see Jacquizz Rodgers having a field day against our front 7. Hawks will start slowly once again, have to mount a comeback in the 4th quarter, but this time will fall short against a quality, veteran QB.

Falcons 28
Hawks 27

White Knight

Reaction score
Seahawks 24-17. 8-1 so far.

The last game I saw in person was the '96 Oilers final play blocked FG stunner. I'll be in attendance this week. Ergo, the good guys win.

Reaction score
kmedic":7tg6w0z5 said:
Falcons are much more desperate to win this game than the Hawks. This is essentially there last chance to salvage their season. It doesn't mean as much to the Hawks, who have a one game cushion in the NFC and could theoretically afford to lose a stinker on the road. Plus, I think that the run defense fix will not come easy- I see Jacquizz Rodgers having a field day against our front 7. Hawks will start slowly once again, have to mount a comeback in the 4th quarter, but this time will fall short against a quality, veteran QB.

Falcons 28
Hawks 27

I understand your reasoning for posting this, and I understand that we have been run all over by two teams consecutively who hadn't had a lot of success running the ball - but have you looked at the Falcon's running statistics for this year?? They are BAD - Literally last in the league at 64 yards per game - Tampa Bay and St Louis were both over 80 yards per game if you factor out our game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hawks 24
Falcons 21

Lynch will get 100+ yards on the ground, we will sack Ryan 3 times, someone from the LOB will get a pick, but they will also be called for two bogus penalties.

As of now 0-0

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Matt Ryan is the best QB we've played in the last 16 games other than Andrew Luck, but right now he's offset by a lack of weapons and a pretty boring defense. I hope it's enough to overcome the 10am start.

Seahawks 27
Falcons 20

RTD: 4-5

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":3s2jpbwl said:
I understand your reasoning for posting this, and I understand that we have been run all over by two teams consecutively who hadn't had a lot of success running the ball - but have you looked at the Falcon's running statistics for this year?? They are BAD - Literally last in the league at 64 yards per game - Tampa Bay and St Louis were both over 80 yards per game if you factor out our game.

And this is precisely why we should be nervous. Teams that had no running game to speak of are lighting us up the past two weeks. Not just a little bit, A LOT.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Wake up time for the team...revenge for the loss last year...but still a tough game...

Seattle 23 Atlanta 14

Record 8-1

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
When Seattle puts together a full game on offense, I'll start picking them comfortably again. The defense, despite getting gashed by the run the last two weeks, still doesn't give up many trips to the end zone. At this point, though, what they are giving up is enough to beat this offense.

Falcons 23
Seahawks 16

Record 2-1

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to believe that we can go to ATL and get it done where we couldn't last year (and as much as I believe that Russell will do whatever it takes to get the win--he can only do so much) I see a tired team going across the country...again...and playing early AM...again. Sucks but we lose this one.

Seahawks 21
Falcons 24

Trenchbroom RTD: 9-0

Laloosh

Reaction score
As much as I dislike it. I'm picking a sorry ass ATL team this week. My head tells me that ATL's defense is so bad that there is simply not way for them to win but my gut tells me their offense gets it done.

Falcons 34
Seahawks 31

I think that STL and TB matched up better against us with their defense but our guys just look tired. I think ATL puts up a lot of points.

kf3339

Reaction score
The Hawks will win but the way the team has played the last few weeks I'm not going to venture a score. It could be close or not.

RTD: 8-1

Hawker

Reaction score
I believe I had this one penciled in as a "L" as the preseason prediction threads came about. And I hope I am dead wrong. Prove me wrong, terrible O-line and ailing run D.

Falcons 23 - Hawks 20

Blasphemy!

Latest posts