Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Seahawks @ Bears)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":1hump3bf said:
Is the thread title wrong here? It says fearless prediction yet predicts a loss....is someone giving way to be correct over being optimistic?

Personally I would never predict a loss to what should be a close game...conflict of interest. One reason I rarely pick a game myself.

Carry on. 8)

I started the Fearless Prediction thread, what, 10+ years ago? Fearless can mean whatever you want it to mean. Maybe it's Fearless when I predict a Seahawks win in a game many might think will be a loss. Maybe it's Fearless when I predict a Seahawks win when it's so obvious that it likely will be a win, regardless of whether others think I am a homer...

Maybe it's Fearless when I predict a Seahawks loss when most think it will be a win, and visa-versa...

The term Fearless, thus, can be interpreted any number of ways. :smilingalien:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think we win by 3 for some odd reason although Janikowski misses another FG and the fans and FO start to panic.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Aros":1civj74x said:
Despite the negativity in the days immediately following the Seahawks 2018 debut, I was encouraged by many aspects I saw in the game. If that is Russell's worst game of the year, we are in good shape. As many have stated, it appears many of the sacks he took in that game were on him as the OL overall did a decent job holding up against a brutal pass rush.

The Bears looked like they could really be a surprise NFC team in that first half against the Packers but imploded in the second half when Aaron Rodgers placed another exclamation mark in what will be a first ballot HoF career. Still, Khalil Mack is going to FEAST this Monday night. He is a once-in-a-generation player who can turn the course of a game on his own.

I see another similar game as I did against the Broncos. Hostile environment, a purposeful energetic defense led by Mack. Russell will still struggle to shake his Cable Tendencies and without Baldwin once again, others will have to step up and the running game MUST get going to have any chance. This young team has promise but it's going to take time.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 20 - Bears 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-0

I agree. I think it will be more of the same that we saw in Denver, and we lose another close one.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If we cant beat the Browns of the NFC we dont win 6 games this year. Wilson needs to get that ball out and forget the double spin moves forc15 yard sacks. Run carson often. Close game 27 24 hawks.

Ytd 1-0

chris98251

Reaction score
I expect weird stuff to happen, unsung heros for us once again rule the day, Refs will however steer this game, our young guys other then Wilson have not earned enough tuition yet to get calls.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I always like our chances on MNF. It doesn't matter the decade.
Pete knows how to prepare the team for the bright lights.
23-17 Seattle

1-0 ytd

Phoenix

Reaction score
Wilson connects for 3 Touchdowns -
Carson helps out for 1.
Field goal added for good measure

Seahawks - 31
Bears - 10

Scorpion05

Reaction score
34-6 Bears

Russell Wilson takes criticism to heart about running for his life, decides to hang tough in the pocket. On 2nd & 8 Ifedi gets beat in 2.8 seconds, Wilson releases in 2.5 but gets his clock cleaned. Knocked out of the game, Hundley takes over. Wilson then gets criticized for not feeling pressure and evading as soon as he saw Khalil Mack coming, possibly misses a few games. We sit around with stress and anxiety wondering if the season is over :177692:

Lol, JK.

28-17 Seahawks

The O-line improves and plays like they belong in the NFL, Ifedi gets help from Dissly. Russell gets a solid 3-4 seconds for most of the night, allowing him to trust his protection. Reynolds puts on a show in place of Baldwin, Marshall scores a TD, Carson runs for 120 yards. Schotty’s offense looks like it did in the preseason :irishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":28e4fcmj said:
I always like our chances on MNF. It doesn't matter the decade.
Pete knows how to prepare the team for the bright lights.
23-17 Seattle

1-0 ytd

I agree that MNF will make the difference . The Hawks can usually step it up a notch on Monday night. If the game was played on Sunday, I'm not so sure that we would win. However, with the extra "punch", I think we can pull out a win...… 23-20.

RCATES

Reaction score
Wilson has peaked. Teams know how to limit his once dominant game. Bears will eliminate the chunk plays that Wilson now lives off of. This wouldn't even be close with how bad Hawks Defense is now but Bears still have a QB that's learning so they won't put up a ton of points. 17-10 Bears.

1-0 Season

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I thought the offense showed a lot of potential last week. Getting off schedule from penalties and abandoning the run game did them in, IMO. Mile High is a tough place to play, especially early in the season.

Hawks put up some points and Ifedi only gets slightly abused to the enjoyment of all.

30-23 Hawks.

0-1

We still might have to sacrifice Walsh to Mt. Rainier. Break the curse, Seabass!

Edit: Man those injuries are stacking up. Screw it, I'm sticking with a Hawks win because blind homer.

toffee

Reaction score
30-13 Bears,

Our LBs and CBs are hurt, our offense isn't insync yet. This would be a good wake up call.

Seahawker

Reaction score
In 1987 Walter Payton played his last regular season home game against the Seahawks. Hawks won 34-21.
Seahawks tilt the field with Dickson's foot, a couple gifts from Trubisky and the offense settles down with balance to engineer enough drives & take advantage of short fields. Close, hard fought game but field goals by Seabass and a late score seal it for the Seahawks, 34-21.

Zeearend

Reaction score
This will be the first time this season I can see the Hawks on tv over here. Therefore I hope to see a close game with the Hawks just winning it in the 4th, despite all the injuries.

Bears 27 - Hawks 30

YTD 0-1