Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ 49ers)

kmedic

Reaction score
I think this game is gonna be a killer challenge for the Hawks this week. Firstly, teams coming off Monday Night games at home that go on the road the following week never do well. Secondly, the Hawks-NO game was hyped for at least a month with the 49er game on the back burner. A lot of emotion was spent a few days ago, and it's gonna be hard to rechannel that energy against a very tough opponent. Thirdly, the Forty Whiners are pissed and have revenge big time on their minds. Lastly, they have much more weaponry at WR then last game. Crabtree will be a factor this week, I guarantee it.

The one major plus and it will be a factor is that their O-line is hurting right now. We all saw what it did for us earlier this season. If our pass rush gets revved up Colin Kaepernick won't have enough time to throw to his open receivers.

Let's call this a really, really close one:

Hawks 24
Niners 23

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The last three games against us the Niners have scored 13, 13 and 3 pts. Their oline is beaten up and their WR's are just coming back. Kaep's not doing well. We've got a good handle on stopping the read option and our pass rush was missing key players last time we met. This will be the first game the Niners have faced the total package of Avril, Bennett, Clemons and Irvin.

No way they're scoring more than 13 without the help of turnovers.

Meanwhile, our offense is finally healthy and the oline is intact. We've got Harvin and Wilson has complete command of the playbook. SF's defense is great, there's no doubt about that, but it's not as great as it was the past two years.

No way they're holding us to 6 points again.

It was a defensive slugfest until we finally broke it open last time these two teams met. I don't expect us to put up as many points in their house as we did at home.

Seattle 20 SF 6.

BAJAHAWK

Reaction score
I just got this vision of 38 -10 Seahawks Percy plays and returns one to the house, Lockette burns them deep, Beast Mode gets one, Dougie B burns his old coach, and Sherm picks 6 as he stairs down Harblaugh all the way to the End Zone!

HawkWow

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1838w7c5 said:
Hawks - 27

Ninnies - 17

Interesting. That's my prediction also.

Why it's interesting, and I could be wrong, but my Hawks over Saints prediction was 31-17. If I'm not mistaken...wasn't that your prediction as well?

I ask because it's entirely possible we are using the same formulations in predicting these outcomes. Odd coincidence, even still.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Good Guys 20
Crybabies 6

Strip sack to the house to end any comeback attempt in the 4th quarter.

Papaki flips out on the sideline and breaks a toe kicking a Gatorade cooler.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I think this is a really tough game, and I definitely don't see a blowout as a very likely possibility (I totally thought it was in play for the Saints game FWIW). I think it's a close finish no matter who wins. Yesterday my inclination was to pick SF, but I find myself gaining a bit more confidence in a win today. Seattle 24, San Francisco 23.

YTD 10-2.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SF 20
Seattle 17

SF with a game winning FG. I don't see us winning. Not a knock on us, I think of this game as playing with house money and a game I expected to lose when I first saw the schedule. We have such a comfortable lead I'm not even worried.

Haven said all that, I wouldn't at all be surprised if we won comfortably.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm not feeling as confident as the rest of you. They want blood for how we've humiliated them lately. They are battling for playoff survival and are gonna give us everything they have, and then some. I had this one penciled in as a loss before the season, and I'm standing by that. I hope the 'Hawks surprise me like they did Monday night, but to me it won't be the end of the world obviously if we lose a game that most would give us a pass on. Plus, we will eventually add Harvin to this juggernaut... Now THAT'S scary! I just hope and pray that we get outta there without significant injuries, especially to our now-healthy O-line against that front 7. No, I'm not predicting a score.

keith da hawk

Reaction score
We all know how Sherman and the rest of our amazing defense feels about that asshat of a coach. Our defense is going to punch them in the mouth all game, Kaepernick is going to panic and turn the ball over a lot (as per the usual) and our offense is going to keep rolling.

Hawks: 35
farty weiners: 3

daketah

Reaction score
I'm going to keep calling for a shutout until we get one!

Seahawks - 29 (why not throw a safety in for punctuation to the defensive dominance?)
Them - ZERO

rsm650

Reaction score
It'll be close. Rams/49ers in the non-sucky NFC West years give us fits on the road. Plus Wilson has never lost to the same team twice.

Seahawks 16
49ers 14

10-2

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Seahawks win 17 - 10

season 10-2

I had to go to work and so I have been gone since the Colts game so I used my preseason prediction since then hope that counts
My only change was Houston.
Well I am flip floppin again
I predicted a SF loss then, but I just don't think we do now. This is the next step for the hawks to take, beat your rival on the road.

1 Sun, Sep 8 @ Panthers 42 - 9 W
2 Sun, Sep 15 49ers 28 - 14 W
3 Sun, Sep 22 Jaguars 35 - 0 W
4 Sun, Sep 29 @ Texans 35 - 24 L * changed to
SeaHawk80":3c16z57d said:
well in my season thread I put 35 - 24 Loss, but man I cant see this D giving up 35 to anyone, yeah including the Donkeys
So I am changing my mind and going with
This is so hard I Just think we are a way better team and man I hate going back on what I said.
F it
Hawks 24 - 3

season 3 -0

scores ???,,,, lol......... been crap on those

5 Sun, Oct 6 @ Colts 38 - 7 W
6 Sun, Oct 13 Titans 42 - 3 W
7 Thu, Oct 17 @ Cardinals 24 - 21 W
8 Mon, Oct 28 @ Rams 14 - 10 L
9 Sun, Nov 3 Buccaneers 24 - 3 W
10 Sun, Nov 10 @ Falcons 35 - 28 W
11 Sun, Nov 17 Vikings 24 - 21 W
12 BYE