Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread SBXLVIII EDITION!

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'm sticking with it, because it works...

Seahawks - 34

Broncos - 17

GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Us "old timers" have been waiting a l-o-n-g time for this Sunday. It's going to require two Pepcid tablets two hours before Kick Off at our house.....Les might need three tablets. Everything inside me says that we've got what it takes to win this game. Its just that the closer this game gets....the more "flash-backs" I have of SB LX. The longer that game went on...the sicker I got. I pray that we can score first. We win 24-17.

etanate

Reaction score
I think having Harvin back really helps open up the offense, and the defense bends but doesn't break, leading to touchdowns for us and field goals for Denver...

Seattle 31-19

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I think we matchup incrediblely well
Hawks 42
Donkeys - 14

Mr Ed's tears
Priceless

14-3

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2cb5gaw1 said:
Us "old timers" have been waiting a l-o-n-g time for this Sunday. It's going to require two Pepcid tablets two hours before Kick Off at our house.....Les might need three tablets. Everything inside me says that we've got what it takes to win this game. Its just that the closer this game gets....the more "flash-backs" I have of SB LX. The longer that game went on...the sicker I got. I pray that we can score first. We win 24-17.

I think there's a decent chance we score first. Denver's been a pretty slow-starting team most of this season. They do most of their damage in the 2nd quarter onward. Meanwhile, the Seahawks have allowed 25 points in the 1st quarter ALL SEASON.

With that said, though, I'd be shocked if this game had a score differential greater than 10 points at any point in the game.

HawkGA

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3kboot73 said:
Bigpumpkin":3kboot73 said:

I think there's a decent chance we score first. Denver's been a pretty slow-starting team most of this season. They do most of their damage in the 2nd quarter onward. Meanwhile, the Seahawks have allowed 25 points in the 1st quarter ALL SEASON.

With that said, though, I'd be shocked if this game had a score differential greater than 10 points at any point in the game.

Prepare to be shocked. I've actually been pretty nervous about the Hawks the latter part of the season and the playoffs. But I am really feeling something resembling a blowout in this one. It's partly because the Seahawks match up well with Denver and partly that I think Super Bowls can tend to snowball out of control if things go badly for one team. And I see the LOB making things go badly for Denver.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":7k6kfh2a said:
"Why not us?" - Russell Wilson

When the Falcons kicked the game-winning field goal in the divisional round of the playoffs last year, 12 Nation took a blow to the collective gut. We HAD that game. 30 seconds away from the NFC Championship game in San Francisco. So close. I'll never forget the look on Wilson's face headed to the locker room and how he commented what a great team we had and that he couldn't wait for the 2013 season.

It's like he knew something. He just knew.

Even during mini camp and OTAs, there was a special feeling in the air. We could all feel it. By the time the preseason came around, that feeling continued to build. Young or old, new fan to the team or a seasoned, salty old battle-tested diehard, no matter where you came from as a fan, you too could feel something magical about this team.

Fast forward to the Immaculate Deflection, the single most incredible play in Seattle Seahawks history. The collective crescendo from 12's everywhere was -- for lack of a better term - orgasmic.

Our beloved Seattle Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.

Destiny is a funny thing. It has a precognitive air to it. A feeling like knowing something will happen that goes beyond hoping it will. That's been the feeling through the entire 2013 season. Now the team faces an old rival from years gone by. Many of us do not have the negative association as we all do for the 49ers so it's understandable if we feel a certain calm and comfort heading into the biggest game of all. No bad blood, no smack...Just two great teams at the top of their games facing each other on a cold afternoon in New Jersey.

The Seahawks may just be the kryptonite to Manning. He has yet to face a Top 5 defense all season, and he's stuck facing the NFL's best defense in the cold. Not the best recipe to insure Bronco fan's collective warm and fuzzies. Add to that, the Seahawks offense is being laughably underrated in this match up. For the first time in, like, forever, our offense is not going up against a Top 10 defense. That's not to say they won't present a challenge, but our offense is used to higher caliber defenses as a whole. This should present some favorable matchups.

If Lynch can carry the rock for 20+ carries and gain 100 yards, this game is over. If Lynch struggles to get going, it will be tough day and anybody's guess. I respect the Broncos and their high powered offense. Our defense will have to play their A game to stop them and make them look above average. Yes, Manning is the Bettis story of SBXL* but I have complete confidence in this team to overcome the noise.

We got this.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Broncos 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 15-3

Russell and company bring their A game, have their best game yet

Seahawks 49

Broncos 21

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":34j5d4pm said:
volsunghawk":34j5d4pm said:
Bigpumpkin":34j5d4pm said:

Prepare to be shocked. I've actually been pretty nervous about the Hawks the latter part of the season and the playoffs. But I am really feeling something resembling a blowout in this one. It's partly because the Seahawks match up well with Denver and partly that I think Super Bowls can tend to snowball out of control if things go badly for one team. And I see the LOB making things go badly for Denver.

I do think the Seahawks match up well, but I also think that if Seattle does build a decent lead (more than a couple of TDs, which again, would surprise me), that Carroll will go very conservative on offense to reduce the number of possessions left in the game. And if there's anyone who can make something happen quickly, it's Manning.

Believe me, I'd love a blowout. I'd love to see a humming Seattle offense and a pick-six from Thomas result in a 21-point lead going into halftime. It would do wonders for my blood pressure. :mrgreen:

I just don't think that's going to happen.

Slick

Reaction score
Seahawks 27
Broncos 20

Don't even want to give context to my prediction. Perfect story is that Denver gets the ball last down by more than three and we hold them. Denver down by three or less with the ball last is scary.

Always Fierce

Reaction score
Aros said:
"Why not us?"
The Seahawks may just be the kryptonite to Manning. He has yet to face a Top 5 defense all season, and he's stuck facing the NFL's best defense in the cold. Not the best recipe to insure Bronco fan's collective warm and fuzzies.
quote]

Denver doesn't exactly resemble Miami - so its not like Manning hasn't been exposed to the cold. They also play at altitude, and are used to the thinner air playing up there.

If you guys beat them, kudos...but I think they are a tougher matchup for you than SF in Seattle, that's for sure.

The greatest hindrance Manning may have are the winds, which can be formidable at the Meadowlands (Metlife) at times, but it doesn't appear that will be a major factor in the forecast for Sunday.

Always Fierce

Reaction score
Another factor - Denver's defense. At times this year they have looked horrible - but if they play the way they did against New England and most of the game against San Diego - could be a rough day for Seattle.
Both those teams did next to nothing until it was pretty much garbage time.

I think time of possession is going to be key. For Seattle to win I think it needs to have the ball for 36 minutes or more. If Denver goes on 7 minute plus drives the way it did against New England AND scores TD's, it won't be good for you. Holding them to FGs in those situations will be huge.

KDshouldBeOurMJ

Reaction score
Remember how we were playing at the end up 2012, putting up historical point totals, 2 50's back to back.
Now we got Havin, with him we click on all cylinders; its close through a quarter and a half and we pull on em' right before halftime with a late 1st half score. And we dont stop for the rest of the game 41-27, denver gets some easy points in last 5 min like saints since our D will play prevent and give up the bogus end game yards and points.
I dont think we could get screwed in this superbowl like the last since the hawks have more of a following now and it wouldnt be the WORST thing that could happen to the NFL if we won this go-round unlike '05 where they knew they would make a lot more money marketing a steelers win but i couldnt handle getting homered like last time.
And i do feel the intuitiveness of the outcome of this game.
Us 12's DESERVE this, our 'pedestrian', late-rounders", too short, unwanted, unworthy of 1st round guys DESERVE this. Our couch that couldnt suceed in the NFL 'cause his Ra ra ra aproach wont work on grown men DESERVES THIS. It will happen. But as we all know you dont get anything in life because you DESERVE it.
I know our overlooked overachieving guys will take it. The most physical deffense, most physical offense, and the most physical running back will beat denver to a pulp. We TAKE this 41-27. Even the refs couldnt keep this from us.
Not this time. To the start of a Dynasty and remembering the 2013 Hawks and their unmatched LOB.
It just all feels to perfect. What better way to sollidify the LOB as the best of all time other than taking down the best pass offense ever.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Vpk0718":35wlxu2z said:
29-23 Hawks

Percy Harvin returns the opening kickoff in OT to win it
No no we don't need the stress of OT. We still win however.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
This is the SUPER BOWL BABY!!

It's going to be a grind, Denver is going to come into this with a hard-on and try to make a statement.
Seattle is the Cinderella team. This game seems like Rocky. But with a different ending. We will be Champs!!

I predict

Seattle Seahawks - 20
Denver Broncos - 17

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
WOOOOO BOOOOYS this is the greatest prediction thread in years (ever?).

Manning vs. #1 offense after putting up points in the mid twenties the last two games? This might be a beat down...

Seahawks win 31-20

RTD: 15-3

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
KDshouldBeOurMJ":3ut13f8k said:
Remember how we were playing at the end up 2012, putting up historical point totals, 2 50's back to back.
Now we got Havin, with him we click on all cylinders; its close through a quarter and a half and we pull on em' right before halftime with a late 1st half score. And we dont stop for the rest of the game 41-27, denver gets some easy points in last 5 min like saints since our D will play prevent and give up the bogus end game yards and points.
I dont think we could get screwed in this superbowl like the last since the hawks have more of a following now and it wouldnt be the WORST thing that could happen to the NFL if we won this go-round unlike '05 where they knew they would make a lot more money marketing a steelers win but i couldnt handle getting homered like last time.
And i do feel the intuitiveness of the outcome of this game.
Us 12's DESERVE this, our 'pedestrian', late-rounders", too short, unwanted, unworthy of 1st round guys DESERVE this. Our couch that couldnt suceed in the NFL 'cause his Ra ra ra aproach wont work on grown men DESERVES THIS. It will happen. But as we all know you dont get anything in life because you DESERVE it.
I know our overlooked overachieving guys will take it. The most physical deffense, most physical offense, and the most physical running back will beat denver to a pulp. We TAKE this 41-27. Even the refs couldnt keep this from us.
Not this time. To the start of a Dynasty and remembering the 2013 Hawks and their unmatched LOB.
It just all feels to perfect. What better way to sollidify the LOB as the best of all time other than taking down the best pass offense ever.

This dude speaks the truth. Especially in his user name.

DtownNative

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":38a6jc3e said:
The Seahawks, top to bottom, are the far superior team.

How do you figure "top to bottom"?

Sure,
Seattle Defense > Denver Defense
DB's
RB
Front 7
Even Seattle Depth > Denver's

But,
Denver Offense > Seattle Offense
Manning > Wilson
Denver WR's > Seattle WR's
Denver O line > Seattle O line