Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread SBXLVIII EDITION!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Always Fierce":bnxewrz7 said:
They shut down Phillip Rivers and Tom Brady. Both who are superior to Wilson. Fact.
Whatever you do, don't account for the stupid offensive game plan the Chargers came out with in that game, nor the unusually inaccurate deep throws from Brady that were mostly not caused by pressure. I watched both of those games, and your defense does not impress. Sorry.

253hawk

Reaction score
Always Fierce":2bic46g6 said:
They shut down Phillip Rivers and Tom Brady. Both who are superior to Wilson. Fact.

How'd they do against the great Tony Romo?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
To me the magic number is 21--if our D can keep the Broncos from scoring more than 21 points (which shouldn't be a stretch since they haven't scored more than 25 in the post season), this game is ours. And I think we can do it.

Seahawks 24
Donkos 17

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
It finally came to me yesterday. 30-17 Hawks. Defense/ST set up 10 points. Book it.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
It's funny but predictable. I really haven't heard any media talk about the ST. But as many have mentioned here I think this game gets decided on ST setting up great field position throughout the game with Harvin setting us up with a short fields and Ryan consistently pinning Denver deep putting 90+ yards of turf behind our D.

Seattle 23
Denver 20

Schleprock

Reaction score
Aros":2lpqxska said:
Destiny is a funny thing. It has a precognitive air to it. A feeling like knowing something will happen that goes beyond hoping it will.

AHA!

There it is.

You captured it, mate.

Yup. That IS the thing that’s different this year. That’s the thing. There it is.

I knew you would know, man.

Thanks

: )

Schleprock

Reaction score
Oh, the leading score will be some multiple of 12. Which the Seahawks will have more of.

camdawg

Reaction score
Always Fierce":3kglaj75 said:
loafoftatupu":3kglaj75 said:
No way Denver scores 30 points in this game. I was generous in accounting for unlikely mistakes giving Denver 27, but it is more likely that they score 20.

Denver will not be able to stop the Hawks from scoring 34 points. They just don't have the defense, period. If Manning tries to protect his defense by using clock, he won't be able to score the points it takes to win.

The numbers are still simple.

Hawks score 23 against top 5 defenses.

Denver scores 25 against bottom 10 defenses.

This is going to be fun. The Hawks can score when the offense isn't on the field, the Donks can't.

The more complete team wins this game. Especially in the cold.

The Broncos shut down the Patriots JV offense-the one featuring Edelman, Hoomanahuwui, and various other pieces of flotsam and jetsam. What happened when Tom had his real receiving corps?

If not for two bad, unforced errors by the Bolts (the Novak miss in nice weather with altitude, the early gift from Peyton that was dropped by San Diego), the Broncos could've been in real trouble in the divisional. They would've had the ball last, but been down on the scoreboard. And people bashed the Hawks for not being impressive enough that weekend......

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
Going to be right to the point.....

Seattle Defense is a juggernaut, and their offense is a colossus. Sure we haven't seen much of the Seahawk offense this year, but if you take into consideration last years showing, the Seahawks are capable of putting up points. I'm not going to get into specifics and details, just want to point out that Seattle can score big.

Russell has not shown his full hand this year too much, I think he does tomorrow. Russell will be a huge factor, and Percy may be another huge factor contributing to Lynches efforts.

Basically the Seahawks Defense will do what it does (it knows no other way) in keeping the opposition in turmoil (Denvers stats are inflated via the conference they are in). The Seahawks Offense shows another facet of themselves, that just hasn't had to show itself much all season, but is there and will be unleashed with Harvin contributing in increments.

Seahawks 31
Broncos 10

:th2thumbs:
Go Hawks!!

Tokadub

Reaction score
A little late on this one, night before Super Bowl I'm so pumped!

So this game seems incredibly difficult to predict the exact score, and I have done a lot of analysis still don't feel too confident in any prediction other than Seahawks win :)

I think it will either be a very close nail biter type of game if Russell Wilson struggles, if he plays his best we completely dominate them.

I think Russell can beat them in a variety of ways:

- Deep ball (exploit their weak secondary, Brady had some guys wide open but just missed his throws which would have been huge plays or Touchdowns)
- Short passes (Either Harvin, Tate, Lynch, or Miller should be ready to bail Russell out on any given play. We shouldn't have to throw the ball away quite so much against this defense. Harvin, Tate, and Lynch can be very effective catching short passes and create big plays).
- Scramble/Designed runs (Russell should be able to pick up quite a few first downs with his feet against the Broncos. If Kaepernick can burn us for huge runs even with our amazing defense no reason Wilson can't do this against the Broncos, the runs don't even have to be huge but just get the first downs!)

1st Half:
- Broncos start with ball have to punt.
- Seahawks score Touchdown unleashing Harvin, Denver looks confused and over-matched against our offense. Hawks lead 7-0.
- Broncos get the ball, make a little progress settle for Field Goal. Hawks lead 7-3.
- Seahawks are looking great with a nice Kick Off return by Harvin but we can't quite keep the drive going and settle for Field Goal. Hawks lead 10-3.
- Broncos Punt or possibly Peyton Manning gets sacked maybe even forced fumble :)
- Seahawks with great field position score a Touchdown with Beast Mode and make the drive look easy. Hawks lead 17-3.
- Broncos finally get a little momentum and score a Touchdown. Hawks lead 17-10.
- Seahawks drive the ball down field both Lynch and Harvin having great numbers so far, get another FG. Hawks lead 20-10.
- With 1st half winding down Broncos score a FG just in time, Payton Manning has to take some more risks on this drive and almost gets picked off. Hawks lead 20-13.

2nd Half: Hawks lead 20-13
- Seahawks start with ball drive down field looking strong, somehow can't quite keep the drive alive (most likely a questionable or phantom penalty) settle for FG. Hawks lead 23-13.
- Broncos Field Goal some questionable calls keep their drive alive. Seahawks lead 23-16.
- Harvin kickoff return for Touchdown, or good field position resulting in Touchdown. Hawks lead 30-16.
- Broncos drive down field finally scoring another Touchdown. Hawks lead 30-23.
- Seahawks punt.
- Payton Manning throws interception for either pick 6 or resulting drive for Touchdown. Seahawks lead 37-23.
- Payton Manning drives down field for Touchdown. Seahawks lead 37-30.
- Seahawks Field Goal. Hawks lead 40-30.
- Payton Manning throws another interception as he approaches the Red Zone.
- Hawks start draining clock and Broncos can't score again.

Final Score: SEAHAWKS WIN 40-30!

Disclaimer: This prediction is based on Payton Manning throwing at least 2 interceptions, possibly having a forced fumble. Harvin does not get injured. The referees do Broncos a few favors to make the game more competitive. The Seahawks protect the ball with no turnovers.

If any of those details change unfavorably for the Hawks, the game could be MUCH closer. If the Seahawks turn the ball over 2 times they will probably lose.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Always Fierce":2shfroer said:
loafoftatupu":2shfroer said:
No way Denver scores 30 points in this game. I was generous in accounting for unlikely mistakes giving Denver 27, but it is more likely that they score 20.

Denver will not be able to stop the Hawks from scoring 34 points. They just don't have the defense, period. If Manning tries to protect his defense by using clock, he won't be able to score the points it takes to win.

The numbers are still simple.

Hawks score 23 against top 5 defenses.

Denver scores 25 against bottom 10 defenses.

This is going to be fun. The Hawks can score when the offense isn't on the field, the Donks can't.

The more complete team wins this game. Especially in the cold.

I seriously can't figure out what San Diego was thinking and Brady must have been smoking some weed because he couldn't complete an open pass f,his life depended on it that day for some reason.

HawkWow

Reaction score
27-23 Hawks

For 2 weeks, I felt this could be a *one sided Hawk win. Nothing has changed, but I've watched more coverage of this game than any game I've ever seen. Ever.

I have no idea what I saw in that time that changed my original feelings / prediction. I learned nothing that I didn't already know. Had to be something subliminal. Alas, the manipulative power of the media.

* I wish to reserve my right to still say told you so should we blow them out. I know it doesn't work that way but hey, it's the SB. Such allowances should be afforded.

Alethios77

Reaction score
Seahawks 31
Broncos 19

Getting ready for the parade of victory!!!!!
I've been a fan since the early 80's.

Gooooooo Hawks!!!!

God first, family and then the Seahawks!

Renohawk

Reaction score
The old put your money where your mouth is, yes, I've already got my money at the books for the Hawks. I'm looking at Hawks 30 - 24. I nailed our SF game and came within 1 pt of the score in Saints.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":1su2lsyf said:
27-23 Hawks

For 2 weeks, I felt this could be a *one sided Hawk win. Nothing has changed, but I've watched more coverage of this game than any game I've ever seen. Ever.

I have no idea what I saw in that time that changed my original feelings / prediction. I learned nothing that I didn't already know. Had to be something subliminal. Alas, the manipulative power of the media.

* I wish to reserve my right to still say told you so should we blow them out. I know it doesn't work that way but hey, it's the SB. Such allowances should be afforded.
Yo brother, we have the same exact score and like you I said I could see a very comfortable Hawks victory as well. It's somewhere in this thread. Great minds think alike!

chawx

Reaction score
chawx":2hchwxoe said:
I haven't picked a Seahawks loss all year and I don't plan on doing that now.

We go 1-0 this week!

41-10

Was anyone in this thread closer than me on the score??? 2 points off either way... :th2thumbs:

:179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: