Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread SBXLVIII EDITION!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":81dheovn said:
I have no idea how it happens or what the score ends up being.

I just know two things:

Percy scores a TD and Seahawks win.

Win!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":fcdz4pl8 said:
HawkGA":fcdz4pl8 said:
volsunghawk":fcdz4pl8 said:
Bigpumpkin":fcdz4pl8 said:
Us "old timers" have been waiting a l-o-n-g time for this Sunday. It's going to require two Pepcid tablets two hours before Kick Off at our house.....Les might need three tablets. Everything inside me says that we've got what it takes to win this game. Its just that the closer this game gets....the more "flash-backs" I have of SB LX. The longer that game went on...the sicker I got. I pray that we can score first. We win 24-17.

I think there's a decent chance we score first. Denver's been a pretty slow-starting team most of this season. They do most of their damage in the 2nd quarter onward. Meanwhile, the Seahawks have allowed 25 points in the 1st quarter ALL SEASON.

With that said, though, I'd be shocked if this game had a score differential greater than 10 points at any point in the game.

Prepare to be shocked. I've actually been pretty nervous about the Hawks the latter part of the season and the playoffs. But I am really feeling something resembling a blowout in this one. It's partly because the Seahawks match up well with Denver and partly that I think Super Bowls can tend to snowball out of control if things go badly for one team. And I see the LOB making things go badly for Denver.

I do think the Seahawks match up well, but I also think that if Seattle does build a decent lead (more than a couple of TDs, which again, would surprise me), that Carroll will go very conservative on offense to reduce the number of possessions left in the game. And if there's anyone who can make something happen quickly, it's Manning.

Believe me, I'd love a blowout. I'd love to see a humming Seattle offense and a pick-six from Thomas result in a 21-point lead going into halftime. It would do wonders for my blood pressure. :mrgreen:

I just don't think that's going to happen.

Well, color me stupid. :mrgreen:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chawx":1jnxxhoq said:
chawx":1jnxxhoq said:
I haven't picked a Seahawks loss all year and I don't plan on doing that now.

We go 1-0 this week!

41-10

Was anyone in this thread closer than me on the score??? 2 points off either way... :th2thumbs:

:179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417:
:229031_cheers: :229031_cheers:

KDshouldBeOurMJ

Reaction score
KDshouldBeOurMJ":10aoi2w5 said:
Remember how we were playing at the end up 2012, putting up historical point totals, 2 50's back to back.
Now we got Havin, with him we click on all cylinders; its close through a quarter and a half and we pull on em' right before halftime with a late 1st half score. And we dont stop for the rest of the game 41-27, denver gets some easy points in last 5 min like saints since our D will play prevent and give up the bogus end game yards and points.
I dont think we could get screwed in this superbowl like the last since the hawks have more of a following now and it wouldnt be the WORST thing that could happen to the NFL if we won this go-round unlike '05 where they knew they would make a lot more money marketing a steelers win but i couldnt handle getting homered like last time.
And i do feel the intuitiveness of the outcome of this game.
Us 12's DESERVE this, our 'pedestrian', late-rounders", too short, unwanted, unworthy of 1st round guys DESERVE this. Our couch that couldnt suceed in the NFL 'cause his Ra ra ra aproach wont work on grown men DESERVES THIS. It will happen. But as we all know you dont get anything in life because you DESERVE it.
I know our overlooked overachieving guys will take it. The most physical deffense, most physical offense, and the most physical running back will beat denver to a pulp. We TAKE this 41-27. Even the refs couldnt keep this from us.
Not this time. To the start of a Dynasty and remembering the 2013 Hawks and their unmatched LOB.
It just all feels to perfect. What better way to sollidify the LOB as the best of all time other than taking down the best pass offense ever.
I knew we would put down atleast 40! I will admit i atleast though denver was good enough to score some garbage points in the end. Guess i thought too much of the horsemen, manning did alright.. He threw a record amount of completions, he andhis wr's couldnt get it done when it mattered though