Arizonas Dominance

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Largent80":3vuw5giu said:
But you don't smack talk, according to your own words.

I haven't been the OP in a single smack talk post...

Go ahead and dig one up... I'll wait.

What I have done is post factual statistics... and now I've replied with a little smack to his post.

Get it right... you can bet your arse if you are posting with "be afraid" and "we have more Super Bowls" and other garbage that I will reply with a little smack of my own... and grats on all those playoff appearances.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I would just like to say first of all. I haven't engaged in any conversations since I made the OP as it kind of got out of hand in the conversation. Yes I am excited about the Cardinals. The numbers they are putting up is in rare territory.

The mistake I made and I wish I hadn't was letting posters like rideaducati get to me. 90% of the posters here are fair. Almost all have been very respectful. In saying that yes I feel confident in regards to the team, but nothing is a given. Even the 16-0 Patriots lost. Its the NFL and a there are thousands of factors that can come into play.

I post here a lot less than I use to. (I posted more often per day when we were doing poorly) And I expect I wont be here much next year no matter the results. It's hard to take an educated guess on what will happen because the playoffs are an entirely new season.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
So yeah, Go Camthers! (If Seattle can't pull it of this season)

AZ_fan

Reaction score
ringless":239ra3pm said:
I would just like to say first of all. I haven't engaged in any conversations since I made the OP as it kind of got out of hand in the conversation. Yes I am excited about the Cardinals. The numbers they are putting up is in rare territory.

The mistake I made and I wish I hadn't was letting posters like rideaducati get to me. 90% of the posters here are fair.

I've made the same mistake... with that poster and a couple more. I've since had some discussions with moderators regarding my postings and I'm on the same page with them now.

As for the Cards... I'm excited too. They are playing the best football of anybody right now... which of course doesn't mean anything in the playoffs.

Gonna be fun to watch...

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I love that you guys are good. It makes it juts so much more fun. Arizona fans shouldn't confuse us with the situation that transpired down South in the Bay Area. We have a great system in place for many years and a young stud at QB. The crown hasn't been handed over yet my brothers.

Yes 2013 was a great year, but so was 2014. This year isn't over yet, so the verdict is still out on how this finish will happen.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":2wq63vhe said:
I love that you guys are good. It makes it juts so much more fun. Arizona fans shouldn't confuse us with the situation that transpired down South in the Bay Area. We have a great system in place for many years and a young stud at QB. The crown hasn't been handed over yet my brothers.

Yes 2013 was a great year, but so was 2014. This year isn't over yet, so the verdict is still out on how this finish will happen.

You're right... it is.

Arizona has been the better team since week 1. That hasn't and won't change.

The Seahawks are dangerous.. but this year's team pales in comparison to 2013 and 2014.

There isn't an NFC team that I have on my "don't want to play this team" list. On the other hand... I'm listening to 710 right now and all I keep hearing from Seattle fans calling in to the show is how they are scared of the Cardinals. One guy even went as far to say he thinks the Cardinals win it all and that Seattle doesn't have the secondary to keep up with all our weapons and how our D has played lights out.

I didn't say it... but it did bring a smile to my face.

In the meantime, looking forward to Sunday.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yes, we are reminded daily by visiting fans that

a. Rams beat the Hawks twice
2. Cardinals are good

and why can't the fans just accept that gracefully?

Thank goodness--

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2q27b83n said:
ApnaHawk":2q27b83n said:

You're right... it is.

Arizona has been the better team since week 1. That hasn't and won't change.

The Seahawks are dangerous.. but this year's team pales in comparison to 2013 and 2014.

There isn't an NFC team that I have on my "don't want to play this team" list. On the other hand... I'm listening to 710 right now and all I keep hearing from Seattle fans calling in to the show is how they are scared of the Cardinals. One guy even went as far to say he thinks the Cardinals win it all and that Seattle doesn't have the secondary to keep up with all our weapons and how our D has played lights out.

I didn't say it... but it did bring a smile to my face.

In the meantime, looking forward to Sunday.

How does this year "pale" in comparison? It's really silly to think this team is much different than years past. It really is not and you will see that in the playoffs.

Ringless posted an article about the point spread difference or whatever. How Arizona has been so dominant, which they have been. However, the team that is 2nd, is us. In a year according to the media and some of yall, that this team isn't the same as in the past few years.

How are we 2nd then?

We've lead the league in PPG allowed on defense for 3 straights years and are in the top 3 again this year. How is that different?

We have a top 5 offense without our main back and major target, how does that "pale" in comparison?

Why is it that in nearly every damn stat that you can pull up we are just ahead of you or right behind you?

You've had a historic year and ours has been down, but yet here we stand. Both of us in the playoffs, with all 3 units of our team in the top.

We don't "pale" in comparison to last year or the year before. The ball just hasn't bounced our way this year as it has in the past. Don't let the overall win/loss record fool you my brother. The Hawks are gonna hit this playoffs, and they're gonna hit hard.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":17ssslhl said:
We don't "pale" in comparison to last year or the year before. The ball just hasn't bounced our way this year as it has in the past. Don't let the overall win/loss record fool you my brother. The Hawks are gonna hit this playoffs, and they're gonna hit hard.

Yeah you do have a point. The ball has definitely bounced differently for you guys this year.

Statistically the 2015 team may be close to what they've been in the past and may be near the top of the list this year... but I just think something's off.

They don't look the same. I don't really want to get into a detailed analysis about it... I'm just saying. They don't look the same... like they aren't playing with the same chip on their shoulder they had the last 2 years.

That's something that won't show up in a stat.

On the flip side... when I said the Cards are looking good as in "2013 Seahawks good"... that's what I was talking about... the hunger.

I just don't see it this year in Seattle.

Maybe I'm wrong... but that's my $ .02.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
AZ_fan":32c9czxy said:
ApnaHawk":32c9czxy said:

Yeah you do have a point. The ball has definitely bounced differently for you guys this year.

Statistically the 2015 team may be close to what they've been in the past and may be near the top of the list this year... but I just think something's off.

They don't look the same. I don't really want to get into a detailed analysis about it... I'm just saying. They don't look the same... like they aren't playing with the same chip on their shoulder they had the last 2 years.

On the flip side... when I said the Cards are looking good as in "2013 Seahawks good"... that's what I was talking about... the hunger.

That's the thing too though. It's very hard for them to be as motivated as they were in 2013. That team was coming off a heartbreaker in the playoffs and took that year by storm.

It happens when you've been so successful so early. You let up. You or I would have done the same exact thing. These guys are now nationally well known figures and have complete different social lives then they did before 2013. Plus, they're young man. The best players and core of our team is between 24-27.

I agree with you that the Cards do have that hunger much more then we have shown this year. They know they have everything in place to win the Bowl and their leaders are excellent players who have not tasted that trophy. It's a great mix and an complete package from top to bottom. I've said it numerous times. If we don't win it, I'm rooting for yall man.

hawk45

Reaction score
Defensively the team doesn't look the same. Eaten alive by good QBs in a way they never have been going back to 2012. Run defense is impregnable though which mitigates a little but not a lot since the good QBs are happy to just sling it.
Offensively I don't know what we are until we start playing real teams. I hope we are a team that go for 30 when necessary against all but the Carolinas of the world.
The Cards are very good, so are the Seahawks.
The 2013 Seahawks needed a late heave to Kearse to get past the Niners, btw, so even if these Cards are playing the role of 2013 Seahawks, playoff predictions based on that aren't worth much.
Right now all we know is the Cards are the superior regular season team this year.
But it's quite possible that a Seahawk team with a less than great secondary but surging offense comes out on top.
Arizona will be favorites to come out of the NFC and rightly so and that says what it says.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":s2uyu3mb said:
We've lead the league in PPG allowed on defense for 3 straights years and are in the top 3 again this year. How is that different?

We have a top 5 offense without our main back and major target, how does that "pale" in comparison?

Why is it that in nearly every damn stat that you can pull up we are just ahead of you or right behind you?

You've had a historic year and ours has been down, but yet here we stand. Both of us in the playoffs, with all 3 units of our team in the top.

You're being rational. That doesn't sit well with Arizona fans right now because they don't want to hear that the Cardinals season has just as much potential to end abruptly and on their field... and quite possibly to the Defending Champion Seahawks. (Oh, what a beautiful thing that would be!)

It's futile to argue on paper that the Cardinals should be all but guaranteed to be victorious. It just doesn't work that way. So, it's really just unnecessary noise at this point. Especially the incessant tough guy comment about this weekends' game. Lol. Excitement is one thing. But, Arizona fans are getting more uptight as these playoffs approach.

A few of us have also tried to be rational. But, probably not worth trying to explain again.
"He doesn't get it. He'll never it... "

[youtube]qQGgaI-BcI4[/youtube]

All the pressure is on them and the fans feel it, too.

I'll say this... David Johnson is the beast I feared he would be. Funny how the Cardinals needed to get to their 3rd RB to figure that out.

Still...

Dbbf17fc30d9761b515699403b0dd7bf

Go Hawks.

rlkats

Reaction score
I'd like to say to ringless and the rest of the Cards fans. Good luck in the playoffs and here is to a NFC championship game between the Hawks and Cards. Both are damn great teams and deserve it. Good luck to you all. Hawks fans also good luck. I believe the rest of the playoff teams are soft. And the SB winner will be the Hawks or Cards. Damn now I need to vomit lol. Good luck you guys

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
rlkats":2ocoacuh said:
I'd like to say to ringless and the rest of the Cards fans. Good luck in the playoffs and here is to a NFC championship game between the Hawks and Cards. Both are damn great teams and deserve it. Good luck to you all. Hawks fans also good luck. I believe the rest of the playoff teams are soft. And the SB winner will be the Hawks or Cards. Damn now I need to vomit lol. Good luck you guys

Ya think they'll buy it? ;)

[youtube]MPMmC0UAnj0[/youtube]

Of course they'd be just as happy to see the Hawks win another Super Bowl!

Sorry, just having a little fun with it. :lol:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
The injury situation for the Seahawks heading in to this Sunday's matchup with the Cardinals down in Glendale is admittedly not good.

At the same time however, there are a couple of injuries on the Cardinals side that I believe could potentially play a factor in this game as well.

The first of those injuries is the Honey Badger, who of course has been lost for the season. The speed he brings to the table proved to be problematic to the Seahawks passing attack during the Cards-Hawks first matchup in Seattle back in Week 10. It'll be interesting to see how Mathieu's absence affects things.

The second potential absence is rookie LB Markus Golden, who could miss this game due to a knee injury. Golden leads the Cardinals in both QB pressures and QB hits, so that potentially factor in to things as well.

Largent80

Reaction score
AZ_fan":226w77sr said:
Largent80":226w77sr said:
But you don't smack talk, according to your own words.

I haven't been the OP in a single smack talk post...

Go ahead and dig one up... I'll wait.

What I have done is post factual statistics... and now I've replied with a little smack to his post.

Get it right... you can bet your arse if you are posting with "be afraid" and "we have more Super Bowls" and other garbage that I will reply with a little smack of my own... and grats on all those playoff appearances.

Especially since you said, "I will not smack talk". Remember, you are only as good as your word.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":p5cp5xaj said:
ApnaHawk":p5cp5xaj said:

You are hoping something is off :)

One stat may lie. Possibly even two. But nearly every statistical measurement and computer model that exists puts us right at or near the top of the NFL. Playing flat, hungerless and uninspired absolutely would show up in statistical analysis.

Doesnt accomplish us anything of course. It just illustrates that your eyes, and your $.02 are wrong.

BTW: I noticed you slipped in a smug jab about 710 listeners being scared of the Cards. Smart AZ fans that call into sports radio down here want nothing to do with Seattle. Shall we call that a draw on the sports radio front?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2kw7tuz9 said:
AZ_fan":2kw7tuz9 said:
ApnaHawk":2kw7tuz9 said:

You are hoping something is off :)

One stat may lie. Possibly even two. But nearly every statistical measurement and computer model that exists puts us right at or near the top of the NFL. Playing flat, hungerless and uninspired absolutely would show up in statistical analysis.

Doesnt accomplish us anything of course. It just illustrates that your eyes, and your $.02 are wrong.

BTW: I noticed you slipped in a smug jab about 710 listeners being scared of the Cards. Smart AZ fans that call into sports radio down here want nothing to do with Seattle. Shall we call that a draw on the sports radio front?

Pretty much this. Any fan of either team should be concerned about that match up in the playoffs. If your not then your just not that smart.

I say the playoffs because this week I don't care if we win or lose. A loss might be the better option as I would rather play the Vikings in Minnesota or the Packers in GB than the Redskins in Washington right now. I believe the Redskins are turning a corner and might just be the best of the three teams and Fed Ex field is scarier than any of the three teams.

This week just like last getting up for a game that a win hurts your chances more than it helps when you have players desperately needing to heal, is a game that is meaningless for us and a potential one seed for AZ. Expending energy, risking additional injury while not resting key players for the purpose of getting a meaningless win (or potentially a win you don't want) is not going to be a good measuring stick for how these two teams will play each other in an elimination match up.

I fully expect an AZ win this week but that does not change my feelings about our chances in the playoffs. In fact not giving them game tape on us vs seeing their playbook wide open to try and get that one seed, might work out to our benefit.