Bears Den Week #6

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
1. This game was sickening right down to the final 30 seconds. If Mooney either (A) held onto the ball when he was hit or (B) fell 12 inches to his right, the Bears would have won the game despite all the offensive ineptitude in the previous 59:30.

2. The entire offensive line was absolutely horrible. They almost got Fields killed.

3. The Bears have no red-zone offense. First and goal THREE times from the FIVE yard line, and come up with ZERO every #@$%ing time. Lose game 12-7. That was the other thing that is costing us games.

4. The Bears defense keeps us in the game right down to the 4th quarter. The running game (Monty, Herbert, Fields) gets us to the red-zone, and then we can’t score from inside the 5-yard line. The play-calling is terrible and the execution is worse.

5. It’s been painful to watch my two teams this season. The Bears can’t score (13 ppg) and the Seahawks can’t stop the other team from scoring (30 ppg). The good news is that both teams are going to be in great position going into free agency and the draft in 2023.

My other compensation is that my college team (Illinois) now has a decent team for the first time in 11 years. Funny, Lovie Smith gets fired by the Bears, gets hired/fired at Illinois, goes to Houston Texans…waiting to get fired there.

Anyhow, 6 down…11 to go. We Bears and Seahawks fans will get through this! I promise.

Go Bears!

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Correct. He holds the ball in the pocket longer than any QB in the league. I tell folks on our Bears forum that you cannot blame the offensive line for QB hits when the guy is holding the ball over 3 seconds. I blame Getsy, too. He needs to call more RPOs and roll outs to keep Fields from getting killed. He is not calling enough plays to take advantage of Fields athletic ability -- he runs a 4.4 in the 40.

Basically, the blame for the failure of the Bears passing game goes to the OL, Fields, the WRs, and the OC. It is a group effort!