Arizonas Dominance

AZ_fan

Reaction score
ringless":3gbpjmwv said:
Kearly is probably one of the most level headed posters on here and I'd say one of if not the most respected on here. He knows more about football then you, and I ever would or could know.

There may be a little bias. A small amount. But he has some good points. I don't think the officiating is as poor as it was said to have been but I was also more pre-occupied watching our game.

That may be so... but my opinion of the game doesn't change.

Seattle looked flat... all game. I don't recall a single officiating call that I think was wrong for either team.

Hasselbeck":3gbpjmwv said:
The officiating was pretty awful but Seattle did more than enough on their own to bury themselves.

Arizona is scary good though, I think unless you're rideaducati and willing to go down with your terrible take from July, you would be foolish not to consider them the favorite in the NFC right now.. and maybe even all of football when you consider the injuries in the AFC to contending teams (Pats, Bengals with ginger Andy, Broncos with Peyton, etc)

I think Seattle did plenty to bury themselves... and thanks for the props.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2ztbc46v said:
ringless":2ztbc46v said:
Kearly is probably one of the most level headed posters on here and I'd say one of if not the most respected on here. He knows more about football then you, and I ever would or could know.

There may be a little bias. A small amount. But he has some good points. I don't think the officiating is as poor as it was said to have been but I was also more pre-occupied watching our game.

That may be so... but my opinion of the game doesn't change.

Seattle looked flat... all game. I don't recall a single officiating call that I think was wrong for either team.

Hasselbeck":2ztbc46v said:
The officiating was pretty awful but Seattle did more than enough on their own to bury themselves.

Arizona is scary good though, I think unless you're rideaducati and willing to go down with your terrible take from July, you would be foolish not to consider them the favorite in the NFC right now.. and maybe even all of football when you consider the injuries in the AFC to contending teams (Pats, Bengals with ginger Andy, Broncos with Peyton, etc)

I think Seattle did plenty to bury themselves... and thanks for the props.

Remember this post when the cards get boned by the zebras. Your post sounds a lot a like what the cowboys fans said last season after the LIons playoff game after they got a "gift" from the zebras/NFL that propelled them into advancement in the playoffs. They said "one call doesn't effect the outcome of a game", then one week later they were the same ones crying about "being hosed by the officials" on the Dez Bryant dropped pass. If you live by bad officiating, you die by bad officiating.

And before you down that road, Seattle played like pure crap today and deserved to lose. They sleep walked thru the game. It was a total team dumpster fire of a game from the coaching, to the players, etc etc etc.

Rob12

Reaction score
ringless":hn3ho9l8 said:
I am sure DVOA should reflect this a little more after this week especially with our dominate win over a top 10DVOA team , and Seattle loss to a subpar team. As well as Carolina, and the Patriots losses.

But they have outscored their opponents by 206 points this season through 15 games. Over the course of a season that means they outscore the teams they play by 13.73 points per game every week. Not even close.

They clearly have the #1 scoring offense at 483 points scored. The next closest is Carolina at 462.

On defense they've only allowed 277 points (6 more than Seattle) Cincy and Denver are yet to play but it's possible that Arizona will be the4th best scoring Defense after Monday night only behind Cincy (play monday) , KC 270, and Seattle 271.

They actually have a shot at scoring the most points in the entire league. Allowing the fewest point in the entire league. I am not sure if that's ever been done before. That didn't happen because of one game. It happened because they dominated week in and week out over a season.

They score on average 32.20 ppg
They allow on average 18.46 ppg

Regular season champs.

I don't say that tongue in cheek or disrespectfully, either. The Cardinals have been excellent. If they can keep this up in the playoffs, they have a great shot at making your username here untrue.

Still a long way to go, and the NFC comes through the two time defending champs. If you want to be the best, you're going to have to beat the best. It won't be Carolina. It'll be us. And if you do that, I'll tip my hat. But until that day comes, a spot in 50 comes through the Seahawks.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Their loss in the playoffs will be that much more enjoyable.

Arians face as red as his jacket brings me joy.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
The OP might need to change his screenname handle after this season. Arizona is just that good.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Rob12":11vogq2v said:
AZ_Fan... Is this the first year you've showed up here?

Yeah... and rather than type it all over again I'm gonna copy and paste from the other thread where you took it upon yourself to bash me.

Rob12":11vogq2v said:
AZ_fan":11vogq2v said:
Where were you last year? Or the year before? The Cardinals wrap the division up and you show up here and start flapping your gums? You're weak. I respect ringless. He's been here a bit and taken his lumps. You, on the other hand? Garbage.

For the record I took a job in Seattle in October and moved here. After being flooded with all the local Seahawks chatter I registered early December after checking out a few of the forums and deciding that this one looked the most legit. I mentioned that in one of my original posts.

What does that have to do with anything? If I had registered in October you'd accuse me of trolling your 2-4 Seahawks. If I waited till the playoffs you'd accuse me of something else... I registered when I did and I'm accused of waiting till we clinched...

You wanna know the real reason I waited? Because I wanted us to have something to talk about.

2013 we missed the playoffs at 10-6.
2014 our season was over in week 10.

Why register then? What would there be to talk about? The same thing I'm hearing now? "We beat you twice (with your 3rd string QB) you suck."

Oh... and you can bet the farm that if Arizona loses in the playoffs I WILL BE HERE TO TAKE MY LUMPS.

"Garbage?"

Get over yourself.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
kearly":1mbvhztj said:
Great win by AZ. The Packers have been plummeting down the DVOA rankings the past few weeks but it was cool seeing the Cardinals destroy them all the same. The Packers are the biggest paper tiger in the NFC this season.

As far as Seattle's loss to AZ, I'd imagine that DVOA will still smile on them even in defeat. Seattle outgained the Rams by 107 yards, had more first downs, won time of possession and was better on 3rd and 4th downs. Basically, Seattle lost this game in large part because of brutal officiating and very bad fumble luck, and DVOA does not include those plays in their formula. It was very similar to the loss against AZ at home earlier this year where Seattle graded out +88 over AZ despite losing because officiating had such a big impact on the game.

But anyway, its a good weekend to be a Cards fan. Pretty much everything went the way they wanted it to go.

Seattle is now 2-5 in one score games this season.

Just curious, but does DVOA factor in garbage time yards/points? That last drive by Seattle occurred when the game was decided.

Also, the 10 points scored prior, and the yards with those points came only because of two Rams personal foul penalties...if not for those, the score may have been 23-0 before that last drive.

I didn't see any poor officiating either - they could've called a personal foul on the Rams on Wilson's slide, but I've seen that not called a lot this year when they stay away from the head/neck area. Other than that one call, I'm not sure what Seattle fans could possibly have a gripe about. The announcers showed the replays of most of the penalties on Seattle and confirmed that they thought they were good calls - the holds certainly looked like holds; it's definitely illegal to dive into the back of a players' legs, and the Rams clearly recovered all of the fumbles despite the confusion on the first one.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3aq14hts said:
Remember this post when the cards get boned by the zebras. Your post sounds a lot a like what the cowboys fans said last season after the LIons playoff game after they got a "gift" from the zebras/NFL that propelled them into advancement in the playoffs. They said "one call doesn't effect the outcome of a game", then one week later they were the same ones crying about "being hosed by the officials" on the Dez Bryant dropped pass. If you live by bad officiating, you die by bad officiating.

I've said from the beginning that the officiating across the league has been garbage since week 1.

The NFL needs to fix it... and they also need to define "a catch" as well.

Instant replay is a complete joke as well... I'm sorry but micro-managing every freakin' play isn't why instant replay was created.

"Hey look... he bobbled the ball .0004 seconds before his knee touched the ground! Incomplete."

What a crock...

Ramfan128

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3h8zgbk3 said:
Sports Hernia":3h8zgbk3 said:

I've said from the beginning that the officiating across the league has been garbage since week 1.

The NFL needs to fix it... and they also need to define "a catch" as well.

Instant replay is a complete joke as well... I'm sorry but micro-managing every freakin' play isn't why instant replay was created.

"Hey look... he bobbled the ball .0004 seconds before his knee touched the ground! Incomplete."

What a crock...

Also the Cardinals did get boned by the officials this year. Happens to all teams.

marko358

Reaction score
Rob12":3fbcb2av said:
Isn't it weird that of the 7 Cardinal fans in the country, 3 of them spend 50% of their free time on a Seahawks message board?

AZ_fan

Reaction score
marko358":ci60lhs5 said:
Rob12":ci60lhs5 said:
Isn't it weird that of the 7 Cardinal fans in the country, 3 of them spend 50% of their free time on a Seahawks message board?

It's good entertainment.

I wouldn't say 50% though... not even close. More like 15% of my workday.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Cards look ready to win a super bowl. It's a bummer for Hawks fans, but they are playing damn good ball and are fun to watch.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
If we don't win it. I hope Zona takes it.

Would be pretty cool to know all the teams in our division have hoisted the trophy.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1eyvxxsq said:
Cards look ready to win a super bowl. It's a bummer for Hawks fans, but they are playing damn good ball and are fun to watch.

0153593338821773 5042173759850996579 n zpsyj9aepga

I remember seeing something similar in 2013/2014 except it was the Seahawks vs Green Bay...

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":394xokoo said:
If we don't win it. I hope Zona takes it.

Would be pretty cool to know all the teams in our division have hoisted the trophy.

And apart from the Rams...Since 2005 for appearances would be

Seahawks 3
Cards 2
49ers 1

That would be 6 superbowl appearances from our division in 10 or so years

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Largent80":2wbbatb0 said:
Az has looked like they would win a Superbowl before and ringless is still ringless.

Never looked this good before. Big difference.

This team looks "2013 Seattle Seahawks" good... and I really mean that. They've been that good all season and nobody is playing better football right now.

To everyone who said our D would collapse when HB went out... I'm sorry you were wrong on that too.

More touchdowns than punts... think about that for a minute. Then we'll discuss the defense.

Decimation

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3bkf7c1g said:
Largent80":3bkf7c1g said:
Az has looked like they would win a Superbowl before and ringless is still ringless.

Never looked this good before. Big difference.

This team looks "2013 Seattle Seahawks" good... and I really mean that. They've been that good all season and nobody is playing better football right now.

To everyone who said our D would collapse when HB went out... I'm sorry you were wrong on that too.

More touchdowns than punts... think about that for a minute. Then we'll discuss the defense.
Yeah, you guys are a threat, and it will be a tough game next week.

Playoffs will be an interesting one. Can the Cardinals remain playing at a high level in the post season? Time will tell. This is definitely Arizona's best season in franchise history. Enjoy the ride while it lasts!!