All 22 @GB (offense - 1st half)

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":34f89imf said:
On that dump off to Lynch with Doug wide open, does he get his head round at all? Looks like Russ just took the yards that were there.

Yeah, he does.
GB040 zpsxvhjytdb

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":8e590sv3 said:
SomersetHawk":8e590sv3 said:
On that dump off to Lynch with Doug wide open, does he get his head round at all? Looks like Russ just took the yards that were there.

Yeah, he does.
GB040 zpsxvhjytdb

Don't suppose he did before Russ got rid of the ball? Shame he didn't hold off a little longer, had the pocket.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
wow I'm also looking at that and wondering how Lynch didn't make that first down. I mean usually Lynch 1v1 with a line backer is a win for us.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Fantastic stuff, thanks a ton for sharing. This is what makes this board amazing.

On the play above with Wilson taking the safe route I wonder how much is a product of the line. I think Wilson is under pressure so often that when it does hold up he's just not used to it or ready for it. Tough to fault him. Hopefully against some weaker front 7's they can give him more time consistently enough that he is used to it.....not sure if that made sense or not.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Thank you very much for this laloosh. Good stuff man.

Kearly mentioned several things in another post that are relevant here......he said Lynch doesn't trust his blocking which would appear to be the case. Also said Nowack has been awful at run blocking which is also obviously true and pointed out here. Hopefully these are the issues with the run game and not Marshawn losing a step. Sadly, could be the case though. He is at the running back wall age.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":b7j9ncns said:
Laloosh":b7j9ncns said:
SomersetHawk":b7j9ncns said:

Yeah, he does.
GB040 zpsxvhjytdb

Don't suppose he did before Russ got rid of the ball? Shame he didn't hold off a little longer, had the pocket.

Ball is out in that screen shot, so no. I think they'll learn from it but I doubt that safety should be giving Doug so much room.

xgeoff

Reaction score
This is an amazing post, thanks for this. As much as I don't like bevell's plays, I have felt that the real culprit on offense is the o-line. This validates what I thought, but worries me with regards to the future.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Got to say this pretty much makes it clear the main issue is the oline well an play calling when Wilson is not calling it

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, fabulous. That took time to do no doubt, it is appreciated.

The line improved from week one, lets hope that trend continues at an accelerated rate for the rest of the season. I hope we didn't get to cute playing with the o-line, sometimes the fire will burn you.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
It seems to me alot of the open WRs are out of his narrow passing lane with Lineman between him and the WR. I don't think he can see them/get it over the line.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2nk6m9de said:
It seems to me alot of the open WRs are out of his narrow passing lane with Lineman between him and the WR. I don't think he can see them/get it over the line.

There are literally 2 plays in which that could realistically be the case in all of those plays that I provided. He hit a guy for like 30 yards in one of the two.

The other is difficult to tell with the camera angle being from the opposite end zone but it's possible.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Regarding the play where you said you believe Lynch has lost a step, I think he slipped. Players were slipping all over the field all night. Three ankle injuries that night.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Laloosh":h4yuko4n said:
SomersetHawk":h4yuko4n said:

Yeah, he does.
GB040 zpsxvhjytdb

He makes this throw when his back is up against the wall.

Boom84

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":398ymgd9 said:
Thanks for doing this.

Exactly the same thing happened last week on our first screen to Lockett. Coleman and Doug both blocked the same guy. Looks like Doug crapped the bed on this one?

Raji was a tough assignment for Nowak, pushing him all over the place all night, and Nowak's shown himself to be a pretty tough guy to move.

Not the first time I saw Lynch take it the wrong way in the first half, was it that obvious live? Don't think he trusts his right side, and I guess I don't blame him. Gilliam concedes plenty of space and has shown that he can be disengaged with relative ease, and Sweezy's been poor over the first couple of weeks (against some top linemen) but looks like he might have been owned again there?

Agreed on points with Nowak, Gilliam, and Swezy. I expect Sweezy will get better, and Nowak likely will not face a NT as good as Raji (who by McCarthy's evaluation played his best game since he's been in GB that night). Gilliam's performance is a concern and he's got to be able to anchor in and hold his blocks in the run game.

The pass protection was much better (best in the two games) in the second half and hopefully that shines some positive light on how this line unit will perform with more time together.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2dmkxlwz said:
Laloosh":2dmkxlwz said:
SomersetHawk":2dmkxlwz said:

Yeah, he does.
GB040 zpsxvhjytdb

good point. Maybe Russ is thinking too much when the game isn't necessarily on the line? I don't know.

Also I still look at this screen shot and wonder how Lynch didn't make that first down? He had a line backer to beat. Where was beastmode on that play?

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
brimsalabim":28u2a1ab said:
LoneHawkFan":28u2a1ab said:
Laloosh":28u2a1ab said:
SomersetHawk":28u2a1ab said:

Yeah, he does.
GB040 zpsxvhjytdb

good point. Maybe Russ is thinking too much when the game isn't necessarily on the line? I don't know.

Also I still look at this screen shot and wonder how Lynch didn't make that first down? He had a line backer to beat. Where was beastmode on that play?

He did make the 1st. The play went for 12 yards.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
This is great. You need a catchy name like "A 12's 22 View" or something more clever.