All 22: How Raven's D Shut Down Seahawks O

PeruHawk

Reaction score
Link to a pretty good analysis with a detailed break down of about 10 plays. Done by a Raven's fan. Really shows how it is not only individual's winning 1 on 1, but the excellent scheme and coaching of the Ravens'. And for you Gino bashers, there is fuel in there for you also:)

The film begins at the 3 minute mark.

"WHEN DEFENSE BECOMES ART" - RAVENS WK 9 FILM STUDY

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
They definitely had our number all day. Not sure if we were telegraphing or something, but they were fundamentally sound all game.

Jville

Reaction score
Link to a pretty good analysis with a detailed break down of about 10 plays. Done by a Raven's fan. Really shows how it is not only individual's winning 1 on 1, but the excellent scheme and coaching of the Ravens'. And for you Gino bashers, there is fuel in there for you also:)

The film begins at the 3 minute mark.

"WHEN DEFENSE BECOMES ART" - RAVENS WK 9 FILM STUDY

Enjoyed the presentation ...... thanks for posting content .....

BASF

Reaction score
Great video. Same routes and formations is a problem, but someone on offense is tipping plays. That and we were completely unprepared for their stunts and blitzes. Notice please as you watch the video that Roquan was already headed to where the ball was going at the snap on almost every quick route even when Geno was looking the other way.

BASF

Reaction score
Also, there was very little separation from any receiver. Tyler gets open in the middle of the field on one play, but when it is switched to end zone view, you can see that Geno's view of him is blocked by two of our O line standing there just before Geno gets sacked.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I still think its crazy when game scripts are going to go this way because of mismatches JSN isn't the focal point of the offense because his skillset is perfect for the routes needed to combat this. It's what I loved about Billicheck. This is the type of game Welker catches 12 passes because he knows ahead of time that's what will be there. I'm not going to start bashing Pete but this is an area it feels like he's always just not been great with.

cymatica

Reaction score
The 3rd and 14 screen was pitiful. As soon as the ball is snapped, the tackle and guard break off the line instead of blocking for a second to sell the pass.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It’s obvious. The HC is a Harbaugh, they stole our signs.

knownone

Reaction score
I usually hate listening to fan analysis because of how skewed they present things. And while this indeed contains a lot of that stuff, it was an interesting breakdown.

keasley45

Reaction score
For the Geno critics, it's worth watching to see A . How perfect his throws have to be to even be completed and .

B. How there was little if anything in terms of options for him to throw to that would have made a difference in that first half which this tape did a good job of covering. 2md half wasn't much different. The bad decision, obviously, was the INT. But the other plays... the routes we ran gave him nothing. Add to that, the fact that the Ravens knew what we were doing and our line couldnt block a turd if they were constipated and you get what we got.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I still think its crazy when game scripts are going to go this way because of mismatches JSN isn't the focal point of the offense because his skillset is perfect for the routes needed to combat this. It's what I loved about Billicheck. This is the type of game Welker catches 12 passes because he knows ahead of time that's what will be there. I'm not going to start bashing Pete but this is an area it feels like he's always just not been great with.
Bellicheck? Really? Look at his record without Tom Brady. Tom Brady insisted on having 2 players, Gronk, and a Wes Welker type.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Bellicheck? Really? Look at his record without Tom Brady. Tom Brady insisted on having 2 players, Gronk, and a Wes Welker type.
Well Pete’s record without Russ isn’t a ton better but the point is I’m surprised we don’t as an offense scheme those types of throws against teams that can overwhelm our offensive line. It wasn’t a knock on Pete