A little bit about me...

Hawknight

Reaction score
Glad to know that the life of the NET will continue. We have had our ups and downs, but I have always appreciated those who love to talks Seahawks football.

Looking forward to the Shaggy era of Seahawks.net. Thanks for keeping this site alive!

I for one would also like to see Les's name returned with the honor it so deserves...thanks in advance!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Shaggy,

Great intro!

I’ve been a lurker and poster for dot net for a while now, not as long as others but I enjoy the posters here.

I commend you on taking the reigns of dot net and am very much looking forward to the updates!

I welcome them!

It’s great to have a passionate fan operating dot net and someone that also understands website forums etc.

I’m excited for dot nets future!

Congrats and thank you for taking this venture on!

I’m sure you’ll be great!

9er4life

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":yb436bgg said:
Cracks me up how many fans hang out on a SEAHAWKS board. Says a lot about their on "fanbase"

I see Hawks fans on Ram, Cardinal and 49er boards. Its football not life. Sorry if you wanted to have just your brethren here for your little circle jerk.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hey Shaggy,
I am good with you being here and being on the GREEN BAY Packers owner site too. You seemed to be pretty cool over there too. Sorry if I should not have said that...but oh well. They were gonna know some day anyway. I have seen where you do good things. I can do some good things here too. I have a plan on online chat. It is already there. It just needs to be used. My friend made it happen. Hope you are having fun learning our system. Seems pretty much like your system over in Packerville.

Peace to you and yours.

Fan80

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2dzwqv0w said:
Hey Shaggy,
I am good with you being here and being on the GREEN BAY Packers owner site too. You seemed to be pretty cool over there too. Sorry if I should not have said that...but oh well. They were gonna know some day anyway. I have seen where you do good things. I can do some good things here too. I have a plan on online chat. It is already there. It just needs to be used. My friend made it happen. Hope you are having fun learning our system. Seems pretty much like your system over in Packerville.

Peace to you and yours.

Fan80

Thanks! The same software that packerforum uses will also be used here.

About the Chat room, Seahawks.net will not have a chatroom. They take away from the forum activity. It has ruined forums before and I don't want it to ruin Seahawks.net or any other sports forum. Forums survive on posts and threads. When there is a chatroom, it takes away from that and eventually could kill off the site. So sorry, but a chatroom won't be installed on here.

acer1240

Reaction score
Have you made a decision about the filthy Canadians Bryan?

chris98251

Reaction score
acer1240":5bn92mws said:
Have you made a decision about the filthy Canadians Bryan?

Think he should open a bar in Vancouver and call it the Acer Club............ :)

notyou

Reaction score
Shaggy":1iarcwtc said:
Seahawkfan80":1iarcwtc said:
Hey Shaggy,

Peace to you and yours.

Fan80

About the Chat room, Seahawks.net will not have a chatroom. They take away from the forum activity. It has ruined forums before and I don't want it to ruin Seahawks.net or any other sports forum. Forums survive on posts and threads. When there is a chatroom, it takes away from that and eventually could kill off the site. So sorry, but a chatroom won't be installed on here.
I just looked at packerforum & hope there is a way to move the members online & latest posts from the side to the bottom. It takes up unnecessary space on the right that could be used to extend the topics to use the full page. It would look a lot cleaner & less cluttered & unfinished.
The mobile version of packerforum looks a hell of a lot better than the desktop version.

Will you be leaving the layout of the forum the same or try to change it to what is going on on that packer forum? You click on the "Open Football Discussion" & see a bunch of sub forums at the top, then sticky posts below that, then you finally get to the posts you are trying to get to. Hopefully we don't have the sub forums on this site as it also just clutters everything.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
notyou":2n5b41de said:
Shaggy":2n5b41de said:
Seahawkfan80":2n5b41de said:
Hey Shaggy,

Peace to you and yours.

Fan80

I just looked at packerforum & hope there is a way to move the members online & latest posts from the side to the bottom. It takes up unnecessary space on the right that could be used to extend the topics to use the full page. It would look a lot cleaner & less cluttered & unfinished.
The mobile version of packerforum looks a hell of a lot better than the desktop version.

Will you be leaving the layout of the forum the same or try to change it to what is going on on that packer forum? You click on the "Open Football Discussion" & see a bunch of sub forums at the top, then sticky posts below that, then you finally get to the posts you are trying to get to. Hopefully we don't have the sub forums on this site as it also just clutters everything.

So you are saying you want there to be no sidebar at all? There will always be a side bar on every page. Just they way the themes are. When you are on Seahawks.net on a desktop, the forum is stuck in the middle of the page, with a set width. The skins I use are full page, where the width is much wider and text for posts not as piled on each other as we see here now on SeaHawks.

With the subforums you see on PackerForum, those were there before. I never added those and the users there like having it that way. Here, how ever they layout is now, will stay that way.

notyou

Reaction score
Shaggy":3onw1nfj said:
notyou":3onw1nfj said:
Shaggy":3onw1nfj said:
Seahawkfan80":3onw1nfj said:
Hey Shaggy,

Peace to you and yours.

Fan80

So you are saying you want there to be no sidebar at all? There will always be a side bar on every page. Just they way the themes are. When you are on Seahawks.net on a desktop, the forum is stuck in the middle of the page, with a set width. The skins I use are full page, where the width is much wider and text for posts not as piled on each other as we see here now on SeaHawks.

With the subforums you see on PackerForum, those were there before. I never added those and the users there like having it that way. Here, how ever they layout is now, will stay that way.

Not really a fan of the side bar. Good to hear the forum layout overall will remain the same, except for the side bar.

flv

Reaction score
The page layout on sportshoop.la is significantly better than it is on packerforum.com. sportshoop.la has the sidebar on the right hand side only on the main page. The actual forum is a lot better for not having a sideabr. My advice to Shaggy is to take a quick look at ramsondemand.com where the users can make their own choice about the right hand side sidebar once they've selected a forum. That layout would be the best option.

Threedee

Reaction score
@Shaggy- anytime the mods do something that upsets posters, will your official position be "it wasn't me?"

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Nothing like a Wilson trade to increase traffic...did Shaggy have something to do with this?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Before I make a decision on whether you deserve this site, I have one question for you Shaggy. Will you allow Aros to bring back the Gameday Girls?

Tokadub

Reaction score
Shaggy":2y4jowaj said:
:greetingsearthling: So my name is Bryan. I'm a NFL fanatic! I am a fan of a lot of teams. Of course I watch the Cards more as I live in AZ, but I am still a fan of Seahawks and others. So I hear that it has been stated I am a hands off owner, nope. I am very active. I post quite a bit and am on the forums alot(especially during game days!). I enjoy forums, and I enjoy talking sports.

So the first thing I will be doing for the .NET is updating the forum software. It will not be phpBB any longer. It will be updated to the latest Xenforo software. If you have been on any other forums, those forums are probably running on XF. The look of the site, colors, logo, images, will still be the same, but it will be different due to XF working differently than phpBB. Alot of you will probably not like it at first, but please give it some time as most end up enjoying alot of the new bells and whistles that come with it.

Sorry, but phpBB is just so outdated and not the greatest when it comes to mobile friendliness.

If you have any questions for me, please post them here as I would be happy to answer them.

You have 27 posts ever on this forum including the ones after you became the owner?

I really hope you have another name here... or I'm always gonna think you are shady.

What kind of man takes over a forum when most users have 100s (IF NOT MANY 1000s) of posts but you have 20ish?

Explain please?

I fully expect you to disclose your true identity on this forum... Or we have to face the reality...

WE JUST GOT TOOK OVER BY A CARDINALS FAN?

Tokadub

Reaction score
Tokadub":22r0wlh2 said:
Shaggy":22r0wlh2 said:
:greetingsearthling: So my name is Bryan. I'm a NFL fanatic! I am a fan of a lot of teams. Of course I watch the Cards more as I live in AZ, but I am still a fan of Seahawks and others.

You have 27 posts ever on this forum including the ones after you became the owner?

I really hope you have another name here... or I'm always gonna think you are shady.

What kind of man takes over a forum when most users have 100s (IF NOT MANY 1000s) of posts but you have 20ish?

Explain please?

I fully expect you to disclose your true identity on this forum... Or we have to face the reality...

WE JUST GOT TOOK OVER BY A CARDINALS FAN?

I will be the first to admit it's nice you are upgrading the website for more modern website interfaces...

"So my name is Bryan. I'm a NFL fanatic! I am a fan of a lot of teams. Of course I watch the Cards more as I live in AZ, but I am still a fan of Seahawks and others."

I don't trust you...

You sound like a Cards fan with no evidence of being an NFL fanatic...

Prove it you are an NFL fanatic!

Just kidding... you're not one.

Tokadub

Reaction score
At the end of the day as long as you allow free speech without censorship and bias I'm ok with it...

But don't pretend to be a Seahawks fan when you have 20 posts here...

Nobody here is that stupid.

Just admit you came into a website opportunity that you have no true interest in. You did it because you are a nerdy website guy... not a Seahawks fan.

Latest posts