Tomorrow scares me...

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I actually watched the first half of the Lions/Ravens game. If they do to us, what they did to Detroit, not only will it be very painful to watch, but this place is going to MELT DOWN!

I give us about a 10% chance to come out of this with a win.

This game at least should be a learning experience for an up and coming young team.

I'm really scared to watch, but will be watching for course. Then again if it gets to be 28-0 before halftime like it was with the Lions game, I won't be watching so enthusiastically.

You guys ready for this?

bileever

Reaction score
Even if we lose, it can be an important step in the process. It's still the first half of the season, and still time for improvement. We still want to see if (1) Leonard Williams is an impact addition, (2) Geno can recapture some of that 2022 magic, (3) Frank Clark can still be an effective pass rusher, (4) JSN take another step forward, among other things.

I'm bracing for a tough game myself. That was a brutal game for the Lions, allowing 5 sacks and converting only 5 out of 16 third downs. Meanwhile, the Ravens racked up 503 yards and 9.1 yards per play!!

I'd like to say that we match up better with our defense than the Lions, but that's not really true. We've given up 2318 yards in 7 games while the Lions have given up 2375 yards in 8 games. So we're going to have to be better on defense than we have been.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The only thing I have fears of is the NFL purposely awarding Baltimore with calls and the game becomes one sided.

All Seattle can do is give their all with their effort and let’s see how the game is officiated.

The NFL has largely favored Baltimore because they can’t afford to lose the “fandom” of the east coast…

Since the Ravens became the Ravens the NFL has given alot of attention to the Ravens and if Seattle starts to “pull away” with this game, you can bet there is a good chance the NFL steps in and says, “no way.”

I think Seattle has a good chance cause the Seattle secondary can match up well with the Ravens receivers. We will see how Mark Andrews does against our safeties but I think Baltimore will have to win with running and not passing.

I like our chances especially with the addition of Leonard Williams.

Really excited! Let’s goooooo!!!!!!!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I actually watched the first half of the Lions/Ravens game. If they do to us, what they did to Detroit, not only will it be very painful to watch, but this place is going to MELT DOWN!

I give us about a 10% chance to come out of this with a win.

This game at least should be a learning experience for an up and coming young team.

I'm really scared to watch, but will be watching for course. Then again if it gets to be 28-0 before halftime like it was with the Lions game, I won't be watching so enthusiastically.

You guys ready for this?
We got the horsepower. We seriously have the pieces.

We're gonna play well at 10am and in the east. We just do.

We got new toys. Clark and Williams I desperately wanna see contribute.

We're good. Even if we lose - how we lose/win will tell us a bunch.

21-20 loss? I'm not curled up in the fetal position in the corner. 21-3 for us? I'm doing cartwheels. 21-3 loss? Yea. that wouldn't be good. ;)

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Seattle by 17, close at the half and the defense slams the door in the 3rd/4th. Seahawks style.

Seattle's running game is going to punish Baltimore, I think Charbs goes off with limited touches. When was the last time Seattle had a game wirh over +250yds rushing and multiple TDs on the ground?

I want to see that this weekend.

Seahawker

Reaction score
This is the most pivotal game for the Hawks in a long time in determining whether we are finally back to being a force in the playoffs.

Slick

Reaction score
I don't think a loss to this team, even if it is a bad one, is a season-changing event. I'm wearing my Joe 'Vicious jersey tomorrow hoping it brings some good vibes.

Mick063

Reaction score
Jackson can kill the Seahawks with his feet. The pass rush has to be controlled and disciplined, forcing Jackson into preconceived areas of pursuit help. The Red Zone defense has to be stiff with a quick guy, preferably Witherspoon and Adams (each getting half of the field), tasked specifically with countering Jackson's Red Zone runs. I don't think Love or Diggs are up to the task and I don't think Wagner or Brooks are quick enough. To counter Jackson's off script runs, Seattle needs elite pursuit angles and open field tackling, especially in the Red Zone. That is basically the definition of Adams' featured attribute and the only defender that can perform that role even better is Witherspoon (although Witherspoon is a bit undersized to be expected to consistently solo tackle Lamar Jackson so instead, expected to slow him up long enough for help to arrive). Meanwhile, with respect to Red Zone defense, Diggs and Love can't give tight end Andrews ANY cushion. They have to stick to Andrews closely, understanding that he is target 1A in the Red Zone, and do so without grabby hands or incidental contact. Mix in some disguised hook zone help from Wagner and Brooks to assist. In Red Zone pass coverage, they may have to turn their backs on Jackson, hence the open field pursuit and tackling of the designated "spy" is critical.

Plan on surrendering multiple field goals while expecting the offense to maintain scoring pace. If Seattle handles the Red Zone well, concentrating on Jackson running or Andrews receiving, then they can outright win this game.

That is the basic defensive approach that I would take.

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score
Nothing to be nervous about, really. I think it's a good measuring stick as to whether we're a real contender this year or if we're still a year away.

bileever

Reaction score
Seattle by 17, close at the half and the defense slams the door in the 3rd/4th. Seahawks style.

Seattle's running game is going to punish Baltimore, I think Charbs goes off with limited touches. When was the last time Seattle had a game wirh over +250yds rushing and multiple TDs on the ground?

I want to see that this weekend.
This is the definition of "optimistic." Love it.

keasley45

Reaction score
Looking forward to the game. Less nervous than anxious. I disagree that the outcome determines whether or not we are ready to make a run this year or next. There's too much season left.

It's a measuring stick. If we win, it injects a TON of confidence into this young group that they are one of the best in the league and can challenge in 23.

If we lose, all it does is mark where we are on our upward climb this year- still a middling team with talent but not playing together? A team with talent but yet to find an identity? Whatever we might find in a loss is no more than that - how well we have come together at this point in the season and how much work remains to be done (and how together we can be) by the time the elimination games start.

This team has too much potential to be defined by one game.

If Detroit looked at their game against the Ravens as a tell all, they'd be packing their bags and looking forward to the draft. They got destroyed and have kept on marching, and I fully expect them to be big players come January.

I expect no less from us.

NoGain

Reaction score
I was more uneasy about last week's game than this one. I wanted that little 5-2 cushion heading into this game where we were going to be the underdog against a strong Raven team. Having accomplished that, I feel like we're playing with just a little bit of house money this weekend. If we win we make a statement, if we lose it's not dire or crushing by any means. We'll just have to keep plugging away as a strong second tier NFC team trying to break into the upper echelon.