Tomorrow scares me...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He's having a great year passing. Tired narrative is tired.
9 passing TDs, 3 ints, 1,767 passing yards in 8 games played. Great TD:Int ratio does not automatically equate to a great year passing, he's averaging 1.125 passing TDs and 220.875 passing yards per game. Come on. Tired ignoring of facts is tired.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The word "great" gets thrown around a lot. Along with over football jargon. Like "physicality" a ridiculous word that I don't think I've ever heard outside of sports announcers.

keasley45

Reaction score
9 passing TDs, 3 ints, 1,767 passing yards in 8 games played. Great TD:Int ratio does not automatically equate to a great year passing, he's averaging 1.125 passing TDs and 220.875 passing yards per game. Come on. Tired ignoring of facts is tired.

Have you watched the Ravens? I watch them pretty much every week. I have since well before Lamar got to Baltimore because my family are hard-core fans and I work in Baltimore part time where all the talk is Ravens.

The stats you quoted are void any analysis or acknowledgement of HOW Lamar is playing. If they wanted him o crank it up and throw more, he's shown this year that he's 100% capable of it. Their new OC and scheme has focused on getting Lamar to throw more from the pocket. And he's doing that very well.

Hopefully Clint and the D aren't just looking at the numbers you posted and are studying the film.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Last time I was in Seattle for a game was the Ravens game in 2019. I could not believe how fast Jackson was until I saw him live. I had never seen a QB outrun defenders when they had the angle on him, and we are talking about guys like KJ and Bobby.

One area where Bobby does struggle imo is in the pass game, when the QB buys time and things go into scramble mode. When the intermediate receivers runs across the field he just can't stay with them any more. What happens today when it's not receivers but Jackson running wide like that?
I hope the team speed we ave now with Adams, Spoon, etc can get the job done

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At this point Vegas thinks we lose by 6, that is up from 5 which was how the spread opened on Monday. Also every media talking head is picking the Ravens and calling down Geno and the Hawks red zone O. Their view is the Hawks are going to get their butts kicked.

This is an early away game and Pete gets his teams ready for those. The Ravens have a good D as do the Hawks. To me a 6 point spread is disrespectful and will make our O angry. My bet is the Hawks spy Murray and hit him early and often.

This will be a close game and Vegas consistently misreads the Hawks. The Hawks cover and win late. Geno proves he can play clutch ball.

We will see.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how Seattle tries to defend Lamar. We're bottom five in YPC allowed to QBs. But somewhat paradoxically, Lamar's running doesn't necessarily translate to wins unless he's also getting big plays in the passing game. I think that's the strategy: eliminate those big plays in the passing game and live with the occasional scramble.

It is going to be brutal to watch.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
You're lucky, that's the way I was when I was 11 and could watch sports without being tense. Most of us here now have sports fan derangement syndrome, and can no longer enjoy watching the Seahawks without being scared, tense, upset, annoyed and other negative emotions.
I don't even think it's fun at all for some people, even in wins. Unless they demolish every team and win a Super Bowl, it's just misery for some people. I don't know why they watch.

Try to enjoy the games, dudes. It's entertainment.

warden

Reaction score
This game is going to be a serious challenge. Pete love’s challenges. Not going to say we win, but I do believe we will compete

AZHawk

Reaction score
Even if we lose, it can be an important step in the process. It's still the first half of the season, and still time for improvement. We still want to see if (1) Leonard Williams is an impact addition, (2) Geno can recapture some of that 2022 magic, (3) Frank Clark can still be an effective pass rusher, (4) JSN take another step forward, among other things.

I'm bracing for a tough game myself. That was a brutal game for the Lions, allowing 5 sacks and converting only 5 out of 16 third downs. Meanwhile, the Ravens racked up 503 yards and 9.1 yards per play!!

I'd like to say that we match up better with our defense than the Lions, but that's not really true. We've given up 2318 yards in 7 games while the Lions have given up 2375 yards in 8 games. So we're going to have to be better on defense than we have been.

These are all valuable lessons, but I hope they learn them in a victory.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Have you watched the Ravens? I watch them pretty much every week. I have since well before Lamar got to Baltimore because my family are hard-core fans and I work in Baltimore part time where all the talk is Ravens.

The stats you quoted are void any analysis or acknowledgement of HOW Lamar is playing. If they wanted him o crank it up and throw more, he's shown this year that he's 100% capable of it. Their new OC and scheme has focused on getting Lamar to throw more from the pocket. And he's doing that very well.

Hopefully Clint and the D aren't just looking at the numbers you posted and are studying the film.
Well, I watched them today. Know what I saw? A phenomenal overall team...with a quarterback who threw for 187 yards with a long of 17, lost a fumble, passed for zero TDs and ran for zero TDs. And we got our nuts stomped 37-3. Lamar Jackson appears to literally be the worst starting player on both sides of the ball for the entire Baltimore Ravens organization this year. He's the LAST person you should be crediting with their 2023 record to date.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Well, I watched them today. Know what I saw? A phenomenal overall team...with a quarterback who threw for 187 yards with a long of 17, lost a fumble, passed for zero TDs and ran for zero TDs. And we got our nuts stomped 37-3. Lamar Jackson appears to literally be the worst starting player on both sides of the ball for the entire Baltimore Ravens organization this year. He's the LAST person you should be crediting with their 2023 record to date.
Sounds like Geno on the Seahawks, but not as bad.

Latest posts