Brandon "The Bully" Browner

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Tweeted by softy:

Seahawks CB @bbrowner27 on Jim Harbaugh: "He's never gonna be lined up against me. I wish he would. I'd put my hands around his neck."

Also love his twitter bio: "I don't need you to tell me I'm the best corner in the league. The most physical corner will do..."

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
HA! Gotta love it. We've got the brains in sherman and the brawn in browner. As perfect and complementary a CB combo that has ever taken the field. Can't wait for 5'7 Tayvon Austin to be welcomed to the NFL by Browner. ARE YOU KIDDING?

The Radish

Reaction score
I'd like to see that myself. I'm sure lout mouth Harbaugh could handle Browner on the field of play.

:roll:

SE174

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":2rh91n19 said:
HA! Gotta love it. We've got the brains in sherman and the brawn in browner. As perfect and complementary a CB combo that has ever taken the field. Can't wait for 5'7 Tayvon Austin to be welcomed to the NFL by Browner. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

FIFY.

bluengreen

Reaction score
I like having someone on the team that's not afraid to suplex an opposing player when necessary.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Browners speed is seriously under-appreciated. Just look at him go on the pick six against Giants or the way he catches Adrian Peterson from behind at Clink last season... The man can run! And as we know, he delivers hits like a Mantis Shrimp. (which is 10 inches in size and smashes as hard as a small caliber bullet, known to break aquarium glass from inside)

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Used to be receivers were afraid to go in the middle. Playing seattle they are afraid to run an out pattern...lol

A

Anonymous

Yeah, but those knock-knees...

A medial collateral ligament tear, waiting to happen.

McGruff

Reaction score
If Richard Sherman said this the whole world would be on his back, including most of this board . . .

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm loving that Brandon is getting more and more air time lately. I love his perspective on things. You wanna talk about keepin it real? Brandon Browner keeps it real, all the time. I love it. That nasty edge he plays with on the field, he lives it. I'm glad he's one of us. Definitely one of my 3 favorite Seahawks along with Russ and Marshawn.

I'm torn with how I think things will play out with Brandon in free agency next season. On the one hand, he's spoken about how he chose to sign with the Broncos out of college as a UDFA because they offered him more money than any other team. He then goes on to talk about how he probably should have picked the team that offered him the best opportunity. On the other hand, he seems much more mature than he says he was back then and he also seems like an honorable person (suspension aside) who might possibly give Seattle a hometown discount because they gave him his shot in the NFL. Plus, he loves the rest of the Legion of Boom and the rest of the team as well. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

I hope they find a way to get it done.

The Radish

Reaction score
Once more I add that Browner knows the rules about down field receivers. Once the ball is caught, or if its a running play the receivers become downfield blockers and fair game for any defender.

So being a pleasant guy he gives his man and any other offensive player a little bit of a chuck so they won't get lonesome.

This alone is why receivers hate him and whine to officials about being hit. They are used to being left alone if the ball doesn't come their way. Browner has found a niche in the rule book and is exploiting it the way some of the old time players did.

You never saw Butkus, Nitschke, or any of the other heavy hitters let a player come into their area without them saying hello. To these players the play isn't over just because its on the other side of the field or a running play. They play full tilt till the whistle blows and sometimes beyond.

:th2thumbs:

NYCoug

Reaction score
The Radish":8zxfl9eg said:
Once more I add that Browner knows the rules about down field receivers. Once the ball is caught, or if its a running play the receivers become downfield blockers and fair game for any defender.

So being a pleasant guy he gives his man and any other offensive player a little bit of a chuck so they won't get lonesome.

This alone is why receivers hate him and whine to officials about being hit. They are used to being left alone if the ball doesn't come their way. Browner has found a niche in the rule book and is exploiting it the way some of the old time players did.

You never saw Butkus, Nitschke, or any of the other heavy hitters let a player come into their area without them saying hello. To these players the play isn't over just because its on the other side of the field or a running play. They play full tilt till the whistle blows and sometimes beyond.

:th2thumbs:

Great. Now Roger GODell is gonna read your post Radish and implement a new rule designed to stop this before the season starts.

Seriously though, great post and good eye when it comes to Browner. The way he destroys receivers souls is one of my favorite parts about Seahawks Sunday. I expect that Goodell will come up with a rule banning this type of play, some BS about defenseless receivers, so we might not get to watch too much more of it. Enjoy it while you can!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
TwilightError":28f7j2v7 said:
Browners speed is seriously under-appreciated. Just look at him go on the pick six against Giants or the way he catches Adrian Peterson from behind at Clink last season... The man can run! And as we know, he delivers hits like a Mantis Shrimp. (which is 10 inches in size and smashes as hard as a small caliber bullet, known to break aquarium glass from inside)

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp :th2thumbs:

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I hope we don't resign him unless it's a STEEP discount. I just have serious concerns about a 30 year old CB who is that big--the fall from the peak of his game will be quick and painful.

That said I wish him all the best.