Are you having fun watching this team?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
The NFL is an entertainment venue. Thus I ask you, are you having fun?

The following games were about as enjoyable as a root canal

Dolphins
Rams
Cardinals
Tampa Bay
Green Bay

What say you? Is the product being put on the field by Pete, JC and company worth your time?

King Dog

Reaction score
Not at the moment no. lol. I've seen worse though since 83. I'm still mad though. Wilson was trash today.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Imagine that watching a loss or tie is no fun. Yes we beat the Dolphins. I have a feeling if we ever start playing poorly consistently our bandwagon will lose lots of fans. Maybe these forums would be more bearable then!!!

Is there any fan of any team that enjoys watching there team lose?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
No, I watched all four quarters and I regret doing so. I was so irritated and angry watching how poorly they were playing. I think I'm going to push away for a while, at the first hint of things going south against the Rams I'm turning it off.

Honestly, we won't know anything until the playoffs our last road game is against San Fran who is trash.

Hope we get up for our road playoff game but who knows at this point. Another disappointing year on the road.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
there have been some really bad games to watch as a fan this year...but like watching someone lit on fire no matter how bad I can't turn my eyes away...

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The only problem is that I truly believe that from top to bottom we have the PHYSICAL pieces. Conversely, the MENTAL aspect seems to be nonexistent this season. From top to bottom.
Soul searching is PARAMOUNT going forward. Even at the this late point in the season, we ABSOLUTELY MUST figure out what type of team we really are.

Rob12

Reaction score
Always like watching the Hawks, love them to death but I'd be lying if I said I've enjoyed this NFL season. I think the way the league has handled certain issues and the horrid officiating league wide has severely dulled my level of interest.

It's just not as fun anymore. Can't completely pinpoint it but this year has been rough and I'm just not as into the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I turned it off in the 3rd after another RW to..He was garbage man today

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Cyrus12":1kybdrbm said:
there have been some really bad games to watch as a fan this year...but like watching someone lit on fire no matter how bad I can't turn my eyes away...

It's because since Pete got here, we always at least made a game out of every loss. This one was over as soon as we won the toss.
Anomaly, yes. But some stuff has been a trend ALL SEASON. And our $20m QB is just hopefully having his ONE horrible season of his career. I refuse to believe that he has already peaked.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1a917g6d said:
Cyrus12":1a917g6d said:

It's because since Pete got here, we always at least made a game out of every loss. This one was over as soon as we won the toss.
Anomaly, yes. But some stuff has been a trend ALL SEASON. And our $20m QB is just hopefully having his ONE horrible season of his career. I refuse to believe that he has already peaked.

It would be a shame if Russell Wilson continues to regress, I certainly don't expect it but he has played poorly two of three games and has thrown an INT in three straight games.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
As football fans we've largely resigned the fate of our pleasure to choices, actions, and events that are out of our control. Instead of depending on ourselves for joy and amusement, we've learned to rely on our local football team to supply some of these experiences. When things are going well, this is acceptable. However, when things are not going well, we experience an especially terrible type of stress. We lack control over the outcomes of football games. Stresses from a lack of control are found in psychological studies to be exponentially more harmful than stresses we more voluntarily inflict upon ourselves. Due to this, days like today can seem like a huge problem. They sure as hell feel like a problem. However, this isn't the case.

Instead, days like today are an opportunity. They're an opportunity for sports fans to question aspects of how sports fandom works. We can respond to these questions by pursuing more meaningful pleasures - pleasures that we have some control over. In other words, we can take a day like today and ask ourselves "What does my fandom give me?" and "What does my fandom take away?" More importantly, we might ask "What can I do instead with my time?" Some of us might not be able to look at sports fandom as a mostly negative experience without games like today's going much, much worse than expected. Simply put, it takes a certain degree of insanity to be a sports fan and days like today provided an opportunity to question that insanity. This is the opportunity of unexpected losses.

I enjoy it when we win and when we lose, I enjoy this opportunity those losses provide. When we win, there's the escapist pleasure of basking in the success of others. When we lose, we're being challenged intellectually with evaluating just what it is we're doing with our time as sports fans. Being a fan of people who are regularly winning is clearly fun but it's also a stupid kind of fun. Losing is stressful but it's also the type of stress we can seek to eliminate. From this elimination of uncontrollable stress, we can grow and become better, happier people. Overall, I'm having fun! (And everyone else should too!)

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I turned it off right after Russ' 1st INT. I knew the rest of the game was going to be crap...

I have been a fan since 1980, and I have watched some seriously bad games. It used to be that I would carry a Seahawks loss with me for days - being a jerk to everyone. Now-a-days.... I am extremely numb to the losses.

Come to think of it, I am numb whether they win or lose. This season just feels 'weird' to me. Not really in to it anymore.

So, to answer the question.... no, I am not having fun watching this team.

irocdave

Reaction score
I think a lot of new Hawk fans are feeling what most NFL fans deal with multiple times a year. We don't have control over what happens yet take joy in the outcome. Been a fan since day one and watched a lot of bad teams, games and seasons. Not all that long ago losses like this were the norm. The frustrating thing about todays Hawk team is we have the QB to deliver but this year he is really inconsistent. I remember the same thing happening with Jim Zorn, once he got married he went down hill. RW needs to earn the money he is being paid / percentage against the salary cap. The team needs to acquire a better O line, which will come at the expense of the D. If RW cant live up to what's expected with his pay, then he either needs to take less or the team needs to move on at the end of his contract. Same thing with Kam, Earl, Bennet, Kearse etc.

This season doesn't look promising, if the Hawks don't make a deep playoff run look for some big names to be cut at the end of the year.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
irocdave":1gngj17k said:
I think a lot of new Hawk fans are feeling what most NFL fans deal with multiple times a year. We don't have control over what happens yet take joy in the outcome. Been a fan since day one and watched a lot of bad teams, games and seasons. Not all that long ago losses like this were the norm. The frustrating thing about todays Hawk team is we have the QB to deliver but this year he is really inconsistent. I remember the same thing happening with Jim Zorn, once he got married he went down hill. RW needs to earn the money he is being paid / percentage against the salary cap. The team needs to acquire a better O line, which will come at the expense of the D. If RW cant live up to what's expected with his pay, then he either needs to take less or the team needs to move on at the end of his contract. Same thing with Kam, Earl, Bennet, Kearse etc.

This season doesn't look promising, if the Hawks don't make a deep playoff run look for some big names to be cut at the end of the year.

Great analysis....but are you having fun?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":kz3903a1 said:
hgwellz12":kz3903a1 said:
Cyrus12":kz3903a1 said:

It would be a shame if Russell Wilson continues to regress, I certainly don't expect it but he has played poorly two of three games and has thrown an INT in three straight games.

That's EIGHT interceptions in 3 games.

Yes, EIGHT.

evergreen

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3n4nluph said:
Cyrus12":3n4nluph said:

that's the scariest thing... He's just middle of the pack now. definitely NOT elite!